*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,328 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Porkchop Express said:

Good interview with the actress who plays Alicent on approaching her relationship with Viserys given their age gap

https://ew.com/tv/house-of-the-dragon-alicent-viserys-emily-carey-interview/

"I'm so glad I can talk about this now. This is a big one,"

Carey, who uses she/they pronouns,

tells EW on the West of Westeros podcast after the reveal came in House of the Dragon's second episode."

What the actual hell?!?!
Goose06
AG

Goose06 said:

The kids comment is completely unnecessary and should be spoiler tagged. There is no need to show everyone how much you know because you have read the books. There is a thread for that.
You realize in the preview for the next episode the Queen says to Rhaenyra "To have one child like that is a mistake, but to have three is an insult." and there are scenes of Rhaenyra in the preview with three different children?

I get it, we readers are an abomination on your thread for deciding to read a book about a subject we all love that came out 4 years ago, but if you're so keen on not knowing anything, you should probably cancel your Internet until the show ends.
If it hasn't happened on the show yet, just don't mention it. If you must, then that is the perfect time to utilize the fancy spoiler tags that Texags added for just this purpose. It isn't that ****ing hard. Just because HBO has released content on something whether in episode previews or in the discussions with the directors after the show or in social media reels or whatever, that doesn't mean its fair game to discuss if it hasn't been disclosed in the show. Its pretty simple, if its not happened in the show yet, don't discuss it. The picture of the 2 actresses was plenty to get his point across that they look similar, no need to talk about things yet to happen to further get your point across. In fact, ignoring all the morons who want to complain about the actress being ugly and being gender non-binary or whatever they are is also a way to cut down on the non sense in this thread.
JJxvi
AG
The spoiled are so spoiled
The Porkchop Express
AG
You must be a blast at parties.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Lathspell
AG
I'm just infuriated that we have non-binary people taking roles from real women! What is this! It's 2022, shouldn't women play women, men play men, theys play theys, gays play gays, straights play straights, etc...
uujm
canadiaggie
AG

boy09
AG
Goose06 said:

If it hasn't happened on the show yet, just don't mention it. If you must, then that is the perfect time to utilize the fancy spoiler tags that Texags added for just this purpose. It isn't that ****ing hard. Just because HBO has released content on something whether in episode previews or in the discussions with the directors after the show or in social media reels or whatever, that doesn't mean its fair game to discuss if it hasn't been disclosed in the show. Its pretty simple, if its not happened in the show yet, don't discuss it.
Disagree
Lathspell
AG
TCTTS
AG
Goose06 said:

Goose06 said:

The kids comment is completely unnecessary and should be spoiler tagged. There is no need to show everyone how much you know because you have read the books. There is a thread for that.
You realize in the preview for the next episode the Queen says to Rhaenyra "To have one child like that is a mistake, but to have three is an insult." and there are scenes of Rhaenyra in the preview with three different children?

I get it, we readers are an abomination on your thread for deciding to read a book about a subject we all love that came out 4 years ago, but if you're so keen on not knowing anything, you should probably cancel your Internet until the show ends.
If it hasn't happened on the show yet, just don't mention it. If you must, then that is the perfect time to utilize the fancy spoiler tags that Texags added for just this purpose. It isn't that ****ing hard. Just because HBO has released content on something whether in episode previews or in the discussions with the directors after the show or in social media reels or whatever, that doesn't mean its fair game to discuss if it hasn't been disclosed in the show. It's pretty simple, if it's not happened in the show yet, don't discuss it. The picture of the 2 actresses was plenty to get his point across that they look similar, no need to talk about things yet to happen to further get your point across. In fact, ignoring all the morons who want to complain about the actress being ugly and being gender non-binary or whatever they are is also a way to cut down on the non sense in this thread.

As a board, we made the decision years ago that officially-released content is fair game for discussion, and doesn't require the use of spoiler tags. This includes trailers, featurettes, TV spots, "next week on"s, etc, and has been mentioned over and over again, in thread after thread, for years now. Because everyone's definition of a "spoiler" is different, and not every whim/demand can be accommodated, we had to set some ground rules, and this is one everyone seemed to agree on. If you don't like it, you're more than welcome to not read the thread.
AgE2theBONE
AG
I hate all of you right now
cbr
AG
i'll clarify one thing - maybe i should have kept my mouth shut but

this woman puts herself out for and was granted a role as a glamorous beautiful princess/queen in a fantasy show.

despite the fact that in real life she stereotypes herself as someone who hates everything about the character she is playing, and projects a very privileged, decadent, hypocritical, arrogant and deliberately divisive persona. you don't do that and expect not to get a reaction.

i made a quick joke, because i really dgaf. i am used to actors being **** people in real life. that's nothing new.

what set me off was being scolded here just for joking about the scorn she puts out to her fans, and being told on this discussion forum that i have no right to comment on the controversial look she cultivates. i dont appreciate the hypocritical insinuation here that *I* am the 'intolerant one', rather than this woman herself, and the people trying to shame me here for having an opinion about it.

so anyway, her replacement of the younger girl is controversial for many reasons. the choice of casting in hollywood recently is suspect in many cases. this is one of them, and that is a relevant topic.

AgE2theBONE
AG
cbr said:

this woman puts herself out for and was granted a role as a glamorous beautiful princess/queen in a fantasy show.

despite the fact that in real life she stereotypes herself as someone who hates everything about the character she is playing, and projects a very privileged, decadent, hypocritical, arrogant and deliberately divisive persona. you don't do that and expect not to get a reaction.

i made a quick joke, because i really dgaf. i am used to actors being **** people in real life. that's nothing new.

what set me off was being scolded here just for joking about the scorn she puts out to her fans, and being told on this discussion forum that i have no right to comment on the controversial look she cultivates. i dont appreciate the hypocritical insinuation here that *I* am the 'intolerant one', rather than this woman herself, and the people trying to shame me here for having an opinion about it.

so anyway, her replacement of the younger girl is controversial for many reasons. the choice of casting in hollywood recently is suspect in many cases. this is one of them, and that is a relevant topic.

I am begging you to STFU
cbr
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

cbr said:

I am begging you to STFU
your enlightened tolerance is noted. i am done anyway.
The Porkchop Express
AG
cbr said:

Apology accepted.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
TXAGFAN
AG
You have stars, ignore him.
PatAg
AG
cbr said:

This is another place you are clearly just wrong on. Maybe you should consider understanding something before jumping to a conclusion
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Getting serious "wedding in Westeros" tense vibes in here right before **** really hits the fan.
Stive
AG
cbr said:

AgE2theBONE said:

cbr said:

I am begging you to STFU
your enlightened tolerance is noted. i am done anyway.
Thank God
TCTTS
AG
cbr said:

The amount of projecting going on here is truly something to behold.
HossAg
AG
F16ers are such miserable humans. Like seriously, have you ever tried just ****ing calming down and not caring? Who gives a flying **** how she decides to look? She's not looking that way in the show, so why do you care? Like seriously? Why. Do. You. Care?
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
He doesn't care, he has said so repeatedly
powerbelly
AG
As long as she is good on the show IDGAF what she looks like in her personal life. I can't even believe we are talking about it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Goose06 said:

lol.... ummm everyone knows that its not from the book(s). It was so long ago I. don't even remember the book.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Goose06 said:

Goose06 said:

If it hasn't happened on the show yet, just don't mention it. If you must, then that is the perfect time to utilize the fancy spoiler tags that Texags added for just this purpose. It isn't that ****ing hard. Just because HBO has released content on something whether in episode previews or in the discussions with the directors after the show or in social media reels or whatever, that doesn't mean its fair game to discuss if it hasn't been disclosed in the show. Its pretty simple, if its not happened in the show yet, don't discuss it. The picture of the 2 actresses was plenty to get his point across that they look similar, no need to talk about things yet to happen to further get your point across. In fact, ignoring all the morons who want to complain about the actress being ugly and being gender non-binary or whatever they are is also a way to cut down on the non sense in this thread.

NOPE. Preview material has been exempt from spoiler tags on every show we've ever had a thread for. that's just dumb. It's publicly not just available but pervasive.

**see what TCTTS said above. You're wrong.

Goose06
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Goose06 said:

lol.... ummm everyone knows that its not from the book(s). It was so long ago I. don't even remember the book.
Hey I will say I apologize given it was in a preview which I must not have paid attention to and is certainly less of a big deal to me than what I thought had happened which was someone taking book details that have yet to play out on the show. Evidently previews and any official content put out by HBO is fair game on this board which I disagree with but it is what it is. Sorry for my differing expectations, carry on.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ok
cbr
AG
yeah, i really dont give a **** about this chick. other than i think someone who appreciates the role would be better suited for it. and i think for a 10 year time jump they should have kept the first girl.

but i think it is pretty pathetic that such a brief joke made so many people here shriek at me to stfu.

being 'cancelled' by a bunch of shrieking, intolerant people here

who believe they are 'tolerant' because they accept her carefully cultivated and stereotyped world view, but are are literally quivering in rage and offended by my brief quip about it.

ironic and unfortunately now typical

JJxvi
AG
Just think what an incredible twist it would be if she ends up having only 2 kids, or even 1. It would completely change the tenor of the show!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AgE2theBONE
AG
cbr said:

yeah, i really dont give a **** about this chick. other than i think someone who appreciates the role would be better suited for it. and i think for a 10 year time jump they should have kept the first girl.

but i think it is pretty pathetic that such a brief joke made so many people here shriek at me to stfu.

who believe they are 'tolerant' because they accept her carefully cultivated and stereotyped world view, but are are literally quivering in rage and offended by my brief quip about it.

I didn't ask you to drop it until your 10th or so post on the matter. And you are still posting about it.

cbr
AG
lol, i said i was done, still got seven more shrieks at me....
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I don't get how knowing these characters had kids is a spoiler at all. They reference these characters as their ancestors in GOT.

I mean, I could see discussing major plot lines with these kids being spoiler territory, but I don't see how this is a spoiler anymore than discussing the upcoming casting changes.
TCTTS
AG
cbr said:

You realize that after the twelfth rant telling us you don't give a f/ck, everyone here is picturing you as the triggered person in that meme, right?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
cbr said:

lol, i said i was done, still got seven more shrieks at me....
said you were done... followed by a 5 paragraph post and a meme.... uh huh

^and what TCTTS said above too

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.