*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,103 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Younger Alicent is a smoke show
cbr
AG
TCTTS said:

You might want to take a step back from the keyboard and close up shop for the night.
Yeah, you're right. I really dgaf. I've just known a lot of people that cultivate that look and they are the pinnacle of hypocrisy and a lot of other really bad traits.
The Porkchop Express
AG
cbr said:

TCTTS said:

You might want to take a step back from the keyboard and close up shop for the night.
Yeah, you're right. I really dgaf. I've just known a lot of people that cultivate that look and they are the pinnacle of hypocrisy and a lot of other really bad traits.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
BowSowy
AG
Quote:

Quote:

"I really dgaf even though I've spent the last few weeks commenting on it every time it's brought up."
HossAg
AG
cbr said:

This person's deliberate intent is to appear so ****ing obnoxious and ugly so as to make reasonable people cringe. So **** her and **** anyone who objects to giving her the reaction she seeks.

There is nothing artsy or creative or interesting about her look - its just that she intends to say '**** you' to attractive women and the men that appreciate them.
HOW DARE SHE NOT FALL IN LINE AND BE ANOTHER OBJECT OF MY DESIRES
canadiaggie
AG
There's like a minute long clip of the next episode out there - officially released by HBO to boot. It features grown up Rhaenyra and Laenor Velaryon. Just a warning for those who hate any kind of preview or spoiler, although there's nothing spoiler worthy in the clip.
WES2006AG
AG
canadiaggie said:

There's like a minute long clip of the next episode out there - officially released by HBO to boot. It features grown up Rhaenyra and Laenor Velaryon. Just a warning for those who hate any kind of preview or spoiler, although there's nothing spoiler worthy in the clip.
So you watch a video that spoils something and then post the spoiler here without a spoiler tag. Just trying to make sure it is ruined for everyone else?
canadiaggie
AG
WES2006AG said:

canadiaggie said:

So you watch a video that spoils something and then post the spoiler here without a spoiler tag. Just trying to make sure it is ruined for everyone else?

Naming the two characters in it isn't a spoiler
JJxvi
AG
So those two characters don't mysteriously die between episodes? Damn, show's ruined.
canadiaggie
AG
JJxvi said:

So those two characters don't mysteriously die between episodes? Damn, show's ruined.

Acting like I told him that Snape kills Dumbledore
CFTXAG10
AG
Hopefully we get a little insight into how they have kept Viserys alive for 10 years. That last episode had me thinking it was almost time for him to check out
canadiaggie
AG
The clip was released on social media reels FWIW so it may pop into your feed without warning. That is what happened to me. Just an FYI
CFTXAG10
AG
canadiaggie said:

The clip was released on social media reels FWIW so it may pop into your feed without warning. That is what happened to me. Just an FYI
I stick around for the end of the episode after the credits roll. The preview for the next episode and the directors commentary for the current episode are always worth a watch imo
The Porkchop Express
AG
canadiaggie said:

JJxvi said:

WHAT?????????????????????????
BigTimeAlum
AG
Here is what I will say. The actress absolutely should dress and project whatever type of look makes her happy and fulfilled as a person. However, the show made a conscious decision to split cast the role into "young" and "older" versions. When they do that, they owe the content and it's fans some sort of believable continuity.

The Alicent actresses look amazingly similar. The Rhaenyra actresses don't and it's not close. One is inarguably, and strikingly, better looking than the other. To the point it almost needs to be addressed by the story through some sort of suffered trauma. That's just plain too distracting to the audiences.

But the show has been great so far and the actor have been nails. The show runner(s) get a bit of rope.
Phrasing
AG
canadiaggie said:

JJxvi said:

Don't remind me
M.C. Swag
AG
You're projecting. It may be a problem for YOU, but I think most people will be able to enjoy the dragon show without wondering why a SI Swimsuit model isn't the one holding the reins.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BigTimeAlum said:

Here is what I will say. The actress absolutely should dress and project whatever type of look makes her happy and fulfilled as a person. However, the show made a conscious decision to split cast the role into "young" and "older" versions. When they do that, they owe the content and it's fans some sort of believable continuity.

The Alicent actresses look amazingly similar. The Rhaenyra actresses don't and it's not close. One is inarguably, and strikingly, better looking than the other. To the point it almost needs to be addressed by the story through some sort of suffered trauma. That's just plain too distracting to the audiences.

But the show has been great so far and the actor have been nails. The show runner(s) get a bit of rope.

OMG THEY LOOK NOTHING ALIKE. AGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

The one on the right (who was cast first) looks older and a little more worn and haggard. Of course she's older and has had three kids. But yeah terrible casting. I'm not sure I can keep in my mind that she's the same character.

Phrasing
AG
BigTimeAlum said:

In their personal lives, yes, they look different. But who gives a ****.

They do look similar in the show. Or at least to me. She looks like an older Rhanerya that has popped out several kids. And, as it has been mentioned on this thread many times, they cast the older R first. Milly was added after the fact.

I don't care what choices actors/actresses make on their own time. It has no bearing on how much I enjoy a show.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
She looks exactly like someone who has gone through 10-15 years of child rearing, not sure what the big deal is.
combat wombat™
AG
canadiaggie said:

JJxvi said:

I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THAT FAR, *******!!!
PatAg
AG
canadiaggie said:

JJxvi said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, YOU *****!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

She looks exactly like someone who has gone through 10-15 years of child rearing, not sure what the big deal is.

Ain't that the damn truth.
PatAg
AG
I think some people on this thread would be surprised to find out how a lot of their favorite actors and actresses dress and look off-screen.
AgE2theBONE
AG
I saw there were 33 new posts on this thread since my last log in, and was looking forward to reading the discussion about the show.

And most of it's about how an actress chooses to look when she's off work.

Jesus Christ.
M.C. Swag
AG
Dare I say if only these actors were obese with a ridiculous fake tan that resembled the hue of a traffic cone and hair that looks like it was styled by a taxidermist, maybe some of these posters would find their look more palatable?
BCG Disciple
AG
BigTimeAlum said:

We are owed an explanation! At least give us an explanation of her hideousness through suffered trauma!
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

The Rhaenyra actresses don't and it's not close. One is inarguably, and strikingly, better looking than the other. To the point it almost needs to be addressed by the story through some sort of suffered trauma. That's just plain too distracting to the audiences.
They should film a segment with her reading all the political bickering that goes on in these entertainment threads on TexAgs.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
They all just look like skinny blonde white girls to me
canadiaggie
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

They all just look like skinny blonde white girls to me

Anti-Valyrian bigot!!!!!!!!!!!!
sanitariex
AG
canadiaggie said:

JJxvi said:

It'd be nice if you respected us that never watched Lord of the Rings but might choose to do so one day and would prefer it NOT to be ruined by spoilers, please!

/TexAgs Entertainment Board
Goose06
AG
The kids comment is completely unnecessary and should be spoiler tagged. There is no need to show everyone how much you know because you have read the books. There is a thread for that.
bluefire579
AG
Goose06 said:

The kids comment is completely unnecessary and should be spoiler tagged. There is no need to show everyone how much you know because you have read the books. There is a thread for that.
Her having kids was directly stated in the "next time on" preview
The Porkchop Express
AG
Goose06 said:

You realize in the preview for the next episode the Queen says to Rhaenyra "To have one child like that is a mistake, but to have three is an insult." and there are scenes of Rhaenyra in the preview with three different children?

I get it, we readers are an abomination on your thread for deciding to read a book about a subject we all love that came out 4 years ago, but if you're so keen on not knowing anything, you should probably cancel your Internet until the show ends.
canadiaggie
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Goose06 said:

You realize in the preview for the next episode the Queen says to Rhaenyra "To have one child like that is a mistake, but to have three is an insult." and there are scenes of Rhaenyra in the preview with three different children?

I get it, we readers are an abomination on your thread for deciding to read a book about a subject we all love that came out 4 years ago, but if you're so keen on not knowing anything, you should probably cancel your Internet until the show ends.

I agree with this. I don't "speculate" on future events since I've read the books and I don't really feel the urge to correctly "predict" what'll happen next but if it's on the dang preview for next week's episode, expecting people not to discuss it is unreasonable. Show watchers have equal access to that information as do book readers. If you choose to avoid those and then venture into a thread to discuss the show I think you forfeit the right to complain about things that are actually IN the show.

That being said, Fire and Blood is essentially a history text and as such it does have some ambiguities that no one is really sure about.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.