*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,350 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mandevilleag said:

So why is the Hand's gimp son fomenting discord in the king's house. I can't tell if he is aligned with the Hightowers, but he certainly placed the seed of doubt in the queen's mind and continues to egg her on. I'm probably forgetting something from earlier in the series, but his father and brother don't seem disloyal.
I wondered that, too. The character shows up out of nowhere and does something that would not seem to align with his father's motivations.
M.C. Swag
AG
redline248 said:

mandevilleag said:

So why is the Hand's gimp son fomenting discord in the king's house. I can't tell if he is aligned with the Hightowers, but he certainly placed the seed of doubt in the queen's mind and continues to egg her on. I'm probably forgetting something from earlier in the series, but his father and brother don't seem disloyal.
I wondered that, too. The character shows up out of nowhere and does something that would not seem to align with his father's motivations.
What's funny is that he did the exact same thing that Otto tried to do with Viserys (deliver rumors about Rhaenyra's impropriety). The biggest difference was that he was careful not to make any accusations. My takeaway is that he's trying to climb up the "ladder of chaos" and be to Alicent what the White Worm was to her father; a reliable informer/spy master.
combat wombat™
AG
Criston Cole is a moron. He should have let her ask a direct question... he just confessed for no reason.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
combat wombat said:

Criston Cole is a moron. He should have let her ask a direct question... he just confessed for no reason.

Yep. And he should have known his place with Rhaenyra and just banged her. He wasted both shots.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

combat wombat said:

Yep. And he should have known his place with Rhaenyra and just banged her. He wasted both shots.
He should have done like Jerry Seinfeld in that one episode and tried to float the menage et trois idea with the Queen and the Princess.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

combat wombat said:

That would be a dangerous game. If they got found out…remember it isn't like the King's Guard we're all BFFs.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/09/21/house-of-the-dragon-is-tripling-game-of-thrones-season-1s-viewers/

Averaging 23M viewers per episode, tripling S1 of GoT, and continuing to grow week to week.
powerbelly
AG
How does that compare to later GOT seasons?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Right there in the article.

Quote:

Here is how Game of Thrones progressed over time with its average viewership:

Season 1 - 9.3 million
Season 2 - 11.6 million
Season 3 - 14.4 million
Season 4 - 19.1 million
Season 5 - 20.2 million
Season 6 - 25.7 million
Season 7 - 32.8 million
Season 8 - 46 million
will25u

EFE
AG
One of these things is not like the others….
Post removed:
by user
HossAg
AG
Milly
CFTXAG10
AG
PatAg
AG
EFE said:

One of these things is not like the others….
Also, its not like us dudes are trying to go around looking as ugly as we can
canadiaggie
AG
Rewatching the episode and the "will I be remembered as a good king?" conversation stands out as peak GoT quality dialogue. Just a fantastic job by Paddy Considine
canadiaggie
AG
Also, the piano piece at the end sequence was a certified Ramin Djawadi BANGER.
Belton Ag
AG
canadiaggie said:

Rewatching the episode and the "will I be remembered as a good king?" conversation stands out as peak GoT quality dialogue. Just a fantastic job by Paddy Considine
Kind of reminded me of Marcus Aurelius talk with Maximus in Gladiator.

Belton Ag
AG
The thing I'm liking about this show is that almost all of these characters have things about them that I like. I don't hate any of them, even Otto Hightower and Daemon Targaryen.
EFE
AG
But you have to admit how satisfying it was to watch Ramsey and Joffrey meet their ends.
Belton Ag
AG
EFE said:

But you have to admit how satisfying it was to watch Ramsey and Joffrey meet their ends.
Oh, yeah. I hated Ramsey, Joffrey, Jamie and Cersei from the jump. That's the difference between that show and this. Of course I came to like Jamie as the show went on, so maybe I'll begin to hate some of these characters as this show goes on.
JCRiley09
AG
Daemon is my favorite character. The actor steals every scene and the character does what he needs to while shooting the bird to everyone.
M.C. Swag
AG
Ya this show is definitely missing its Joffrey (someone you're completely against) and Tyrion (someone you're completely for). Hoping those archetypes will show themselves in the 2nd half of the season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
will25u said:

Houston Lee
AG
David Wallace said:

KidDoc said:

Aggie87 said:

Did anyone else think Viserys was being poisoned during the feast? They kept cutting away to him continuing to eat, while everything else was beginning to happen. I thought that was foreshadowing something.
I think he had bacterial sepsis from his cuts on the throne and classic poor medical care from maesters leading to his death. They showed how he was not doing well health wise the last few episodes. Note that he always had gloves on due to his non healing sores and cuts.
The King isnt dead yet...They showed him still living in the previews for the next episode. The next episode is 10 years later in the story.
The King is alive 10 years later. Looks like the maesters kept him alive.

cbr
AG
will25u said:

Gawdamn how insulting and depressing would it be when young princess r learns what a shreikingly hideous freak is supposedly playing her in a few years!?

combat wombat™
AG
You guys are insane. When she's in costume she makes a reasonable older Rhaneyra.

In her personal life she looks, uh, unappealing. However, it seems to me that much of that is a choice with regard to styling rather than her actually being genuinely hideous.
PatAg
AG
combat wombat said:

You guys are insane. When she's in costume she makes a reasonable older Rhaneyra.

In her personal life she looks, uh, unappealing. However, it seems to me that much of that is a choice with regard to styling rather than her actually being genuinely hideous.
I tried this already earlier with pictures. good luck
combat wombat™
AG
They have ridiculously high standards for a bunch or keyboard jockeys. Not a Chris Hensworth among them, I bet.
TCTTS
AG
combat wombat said:

Yeah, reading some of these reactions is pretty cringeworthy. She's making a choice to look the way she does. You obviously don't have to like it, but you also don't have share every thought that pops into your head either. I will never understand the need to publicly disparage someone's looks on the internet, like it's 2003.
Post removed:
by user
cbr
AG
This person's deliberate intent is to appear so ****ing obnoxious and ugly so as to make reasonable people cringe. So **** her and **** anyone who objects to giving her the reaction she seeks.

There is nothing artsy or creative or interesting about her look - its just that she intends to say '**** you' to attractive women and the men that appreciate them.
combat wombat™
AG
Your reaction to the fact that she chooses to make herself appear less attractive is bizarre.
TCTTS
AG
You might want to take a step back from the keyboard and close up shop for the night.
Stive
AG
TCTTS said:

You might want to take a step back from the keyboard and close up shop for the night.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.