*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,021 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgE2theBONE
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

They are doing a GREAT job with this show.

Yeah I'm really happy with it, as well.

It is missing some of the sarcasm/humor of GoT but maybe we'll get some of that once we finish setting the stage and get all the chess pieces in place, who knows.

Daemon seems like an obvious source for that.

I think a lot of people who anticipated that Paddy would be a bad choice for Viserys may not have known what a terrific actor he really is, and I think he's been spot-on for Viserys. I like the fact that he's not a great king due to his temperament, but that doesn't mean he's a fool, either. He's a wise man but no stomach for the ruthlessness that's sometimes necessary to rule.

The show takes itself seriously and even when they get a little far fetched, such as Daemon's assault on the island in the Step Stones it didn't really detract from my enjoyment.
WestAustinAg
AG
Those actresses look like mid 30's. If so that's quite a jump in time. If true then many things have changed in major ways I assume.
GreasenUSA
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

I get that, and there is no need for anyone to be a$$es about it. But the outline has been presented in the actual show. OnlyForNow accidentally put a single letter. No one should get butthurt about that.
Not butthurt at all. "The Actual Show" - Yes I watched it too, and figured I had heard the lineage before. This show is presenting it as a major plotline, and while context clues can draw us to the conclusion, it was still a mystery that I was enjoying. So, yes, it's a bit annoying to be spoiled on something I was excited to see play out.
mandevilleag
AgE2theBONE said:

I thought they made it clear that the "new line of work" that Mysara has taken up is spy for Otto, specifically spying and reporting on anything Daemon related.

The boy delivered the news for her and then delivered payment to Mysara.

I don't believe Otto referred to his source as "she," though. I had subtitles on and I don't think he referred to the source by any gendered pronoun. I'll have to double check that.

It's odd to me they'd expect us to think he's impotent by referring to a scene with Mysara in which he was pounding her 90mph. I assumed he discontinued because he was so distracted over concern that Aemma would bear a son.

It seemed to me that he didn't deflower Rhaenyra because he really does care for her and felt bad about going through with it. But he was happy to use the King's mistaken belief that he had in order to persuade him to wed the two of them.

Hats off to Rhaenyra for turning the tables on Otto. Got a little taste of his own manipulative medicine.

Unless my memory's fuzzy, they changed the manner of death for Baelon, as Viserys referred to his belly bursting. I think in Fire and Blood he caught an arrow or a bolt in the neck. Anybody remember?

I think I enjoyed this episode most of the first four, and I've liked them all.

Big high five to Little Lord Blackwood. That loudmouth jerk won't be calling anybody else "****."
I agree with this. I think Mysara is who Otto referred to as "White Worm", his trusted spy. She indicated to Daemon she was no longer in the whoring business, and was doing quite well for herself. Then the boy paid her.

I'm wondering if the Maester is in cahoots with Otto and brought Rhaenyra a poisoned tea. All I was thinking was don't drink that tea princess.
powerbelly
AG
Isnt it just abortion tea?
Lathspell
AG
powerbelly said:

That seemed pretty obvious.

Same with the former prostitute being his new source. Those both seemed fairly obviously laid out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Plan T
Phrasing
AG
Was the T her dad's idea because he thought she slept with Dameon? I thought she denied it, but can't remember. I know Daemon didn't deny it though so that's maybe why. I'm just curious if the maester somehow knew about her doing it with Cole and that's why he brought it.
redline248
AG
He said he made it at the request of her dad. I assume that the king asked for it as a "just in case," even if he wanted to believe her.
mandevilleag
powerbelly said:

It may be. It just seemed like odd timing right after the king removed Otto as Hand, and at the end of the episode. The king, I feel, believes Rynaera. She is the one who after denying sleeping with Daemon, agrees to wed the Sea Snake's son if the king will remove Otto as Hand. The king has no knowledge of Cristan, and would be showing he doesn't trust her word. Otto doesn't know about Cristan either, but he believes Rynaera and Daemon bumped uglies, so it makes sense to him that Rynaera would drink the tea "just in case".
BowSowy
AG
mandevilleag said:

powerbelly said:

The king, I feel, believes Rynaera. She is the one who after denying sleeping with Daemon, agrees to wed the Sea Snake's son if the king will remove Otto as Hand.
I imagine that he doesn't want to take the chance of screwing up that marriage and further driving a wedge between him and the Valyrians.
AgE2theBONE
AG
mandevilleag said:

powerbelly said:

It may be. It just seemed like odd timing right after the king removed Otto as Hand, and at the end of the episode. The king, I feel, believes Rynaera. She is the one who after denying sleeping with Daemon, agrees to wed the Sea Snake's son if the king will remove Otto as Hand. The king has no knowledge of Cristan, and would be showing he doesn't trust her word. Otto doesn't know about Cristan either, but he believes Rynaera and Daemon bumped uglies, so it makes sense to him that Rynaera would drink the tea "just in case".

He saw the sense in her argument about Otto's self serving manipulation, but he's also not an idiot and thinks it's quite possible she slept with Daemon, which turned out to be advantageous for her because she did get it on with Ser Criston, and now she doesn't have to worry about being preggo.
C@LAg
WestAustinAg said:

Those actresses look like mid 30's. If so that's quite a jump in time. If true then many things have changed in major ways I assume.
Season 1 covers 28 years of time.
wessimo
AG
A couple possibilities crossed my mind with the tea.

It could be from the King as a test - if she drinks it that proves she lied about being chaste. Might even be poisoned as punishment for lying (seems less likely).

Could also be from the former hand, poison to clear the way for his grandson.
Quad Dog
AG
wessimo said:

I don't think a Maester would serve Poison to a princess just from the authority of the Hand.
Ol Jock 99
AG
The queen already covered it with the king.

"I trusted the princess, but I don't trust your brother."

King is just being careful.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
Ol Jock 99 said:

The queen already covered it with the king.

"I trusted the princess, but I don't trust your brother."

King is just being careful.

Princess said they didn't bang, brother said they did. So by the Queen's logic, that means they didn't bang.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Quad Dog said:

wessimo said:

I don't think a Maester would serve Poison to a princess just from the authority of the Hand.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
AgE2theBONE
AG
wessimo said:

A couple possibilities crossed my mind with the tea.

It could be from the King as a test - if she drinks it that proves she lied about being chaste. Might even be poisoned as punishment for lying (seems less likely).

Not much of a test. She could pour it out and say she drank it, or drink and say she poured it out.

I don't think it was anything more than what she was told. The King had no way to really know what the truth was, so he sent her the tea to cover all the bases.
Phrasing
AG
Yeah that makes sense. I'm probably reading too much into it. He knows he is going to try and marry her off to Leanor and that might be difficult if she was preggers. Didn't want to take a chance.
will25u
bluefire579
AG
Definitely some liberties taken with the second chances there.

Also Milly trying to spell Westeros was fantastic
The Dog Lord
AG
What an episode!
The Dog Lord
AG
So sad that may be our last glimpse of the younger characters. I doubt they do many, if any, flashbacks. If you do that, might as well just draw out the younger years.
C@LAg
The Dog Lord said:

So sad that may be our last glimpse of the younger characters. I doubt they do many, if any, flashbacks. If you do that, might as well just draw out the younger years.
i am willing to bet there will be no flashbacks. that part of the story has been covered and is done. nothing to revisit. time to watch.

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
End of that episode escalated quickly…
plowboy1065
S
The Queen That Never Was is about the most homely person on the show
AgE2theBONE
AG
Well Ser Joffrey was just a moron.

AgfromHOU
AG
Otto: the king won't live to be an old man

The king in the preview for the next episode: I am now a decrepit old man
Yesterday
AG
Thought it was terrible.
JCRiley09
AG
Not exactly show related, but would anyone happen to know why my tv screen would randomly get absurdly dark during the wedding dinner scene? It's an LG C1 (OLED Dolby vision IQ) connected to an appletv 4k. The whole show was fine until the dinner. It visibly darkened and then didn't get lighter again until the actual marriage at the end. Oddly enough, the screen stayed appropriately bright during the behind the scenes post episode so I could actually see some scenes brighter during that.
Houston Lee
AG
JCRiley09 said:

Not exactly show related, but would anyone happen to know why my tv screen would randomly get absurdly dark during the wedding dinner scene? It's an LG C1 (OLED Dolby vision IQ) connected to an appletv 4k. The whole show was fine until the dinner. It visibly darkened and then didn't get lighter again until the actual marriage at the end. Oddly enough, the screen stayed appropriately bright during the behind the scenes post episode so I could actually see some scenes brighter during that.
Same thing happened to my TV. Must the way the film was shot.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Weddings in Westeros. Never a dull affair.
HossAg
AG
Great episode. Excited to see the new cast but also sad to see the young cast go.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.