*** GoT: House of the Dragon ***

277,261 Views | 2838 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by The Dog Lord
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Taking her to hang out around the common folk is one thing, taking her into a brothel that he knows will lead to reputation damaging rumors is another. He wants to be the king almost as bad as Otto.
CFTXAG10
AG
The directing during the King - Otto "5 Days" conversation when he is being removed as Hand was low key one of the best parts of that episode. On the one hand Otto's deceit is finally coming to light, and on the other he is legitimately in this position for doing his job and likely saving the King's a** from a world of trouble. Really enjoyed that unfolding of events.
redline248
AG
Yep...they are doing an excellent job with this show
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I was waiting to see if he had the ball to try something...knowing GOT I never trust anyone in close quarters to just take it but instead fight for what they believe is theirs
The Porkchop Express
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

The directing during the King - Otto "5 Days" conversation when he is being removed as Hand was low key one of the best parts of that episode. On the one hand Otto's deceit is finally coming to light, and on the other he is legitimately in this position for doing his job and likely saving the King's a** from a world of trouble. Really enjoyed that unfolding of events.
it was a great showcase of Viserys doing the right thing but doing it at the wrong time and the wrong format and certainly sealing his own doom, much like Ned Stark calling out Cersei privately in the garden. It's been 4+ years with Otto having nothing but time to sew seeds of discord and go behind the king's back working his way through court to get a ton of allies on his side for getting his grandson named heir to the throne.

If Viserys had assembled the whole court and then called him out in person, and said - if Otto Hightower has come to you asking for your allegiance in siding with my son over Rhaenyra as the next ruler of Westeros, step forward so you can be forgiven and re-up your allegiance, because otherwise, anyone whose name I find out was part of this plot has a choice of death or the wall.

Once Ned found out he shoulda had a small council meeting sans Cersei, in Robert's bedchamber if necessary, and laid out the facts - Littlefinger and Varys obviously already knew, Pycelle is too weak to do anything, and Barristan Selmy would have demanded immediate justice for his king.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
91_Aggie
AG
schmidthead said:

I shouldn't be surprised this devolved into a hot or not thread but I'd love to see y'all's wives on this thread. Do it, be a TexAgs legend!

Dude. When discussing hot or not in a TV show/movie the standard is Hollywood Hot Or Not. Not real life. Don't be the doofus that creates this "post your wife to compare or shut up" debate.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
schmidthead said:

I shouldn't be surprised this devolved into a hot or not thread but I'd love to see y'all's wives on this thread. Do it, be a TexAgs legend!

Not one person said anything like that. The post you replied to was funny. A meme about her EXPRESSION not her looks. Like McKayla Maroney's infamous olympic smirk.

She has a little haughty smug expression for sure. But she's hot for sure. Even real world hot.
InternetFan02
AG
CoachRTM said:

I was watching the old Coldplay - Game of Thrones Musical video that went viral back in the day.

Just realized an Easter Egg (I think) that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere.

The song Jaime Lannister sings about his incestuous relationship with Cersei is called "Closer to Home". (YouTube video below should be time stamped at 9:44)

Didn't the hand suggest that the Princess look a little "closer to to home" when he suggested that the Princess marry her much younger brother?

Might be stretching a little bit as that's a fairly common phrase, but I laughed out loud when I put it together.

a family tree…with a branch of our own. This is now canon
bluefire579
AG
schmidthead said:

Was avoiding this thread until I got to watch, so I missed this gem. It's a meme, dude. I said nothing about her being attractive or not. It's literally just comparing her expression in that scene to a famous meme. Get the **** over yourself.
bluefire579
AG
Show just keeps getting better and better each week. Nothing much to add other than what's already been touched on, but it's certainly refreshing to have good writing in the GoT universe again.
SockDePot
tk for tu juan said:

Going to miss this version of Rhaenyra, Milly Alcock is doing such a good job and the character becoming one of my favorites in the GoT world

100% agree with this. Wife and I didn't really like her at first, this last episode was outstanding / award worthy acting from her. I know the brothel scene was cheap nudity in the background , but the curiosity and complexity in her emotions and facial expressions were off the charts excellent. You could read and feel the confusion and excitement of is this familial love? I've missed my uncle? / is this sexual tension? / I'm only 15 or whatever, I have no idea what's going on. I would venture to say perhaps the best acting scene in all of GOT.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Her acting was also quite excellent in the next scene back at the castle.
WestAustinAg
AG
The one trend I see so far is the lack of insanely quick and shocking deaths of main characters. I keep expecting it but it's so much more subdued for now. Less reckless abandonment of normal storytelling.

I like it better but will it continue? (No answer wanted). Also so far no major usage of things magical (white walkers) or symbolically spiritual (dire wolves and winter is coming).

Less haunting and creepy tones.

Makes we wonder if GRRM started the series softer and ramped it up as he went.
Lathspell
AG
We're literally only 4 episodes in. Wasn't Ned the first significant death in GoT? That was at the end of Season 1, wasn't it?
The Porkchop Express
AG
WestAustinAg said:

The one trend I see so far is the lack of insanely quick and shocking deaths of main characters. I keep expecting it but it's so much more subdued for now. Less reckless abandonment of normal storytelling.

I like it better but will it continue? (No answer wanted). Also so far no major usage of things magical (white walkers) or symbolically spiritual (dire wolves and winter is coming).

I think death had a lot more weight in that era because the dragons were such a nuclear-level threat that casually killing someone off meant the dragons were coming for you, and the Targs themselves, even while bickering, were constantly trying to maintain the aura that they were closer to gods then men, and close to immortal.

Once Aerys was killed quite easily, and with no dragons around, it became a free for all, because there weren't any threats that another paid army couldn't deal with, until Dany came from across the Narrow Sea and white walkers came down from the North.
cbr
AG
Jimmy McNulty said:

Not gonna lie, i was wildly curious where that was going. I mean, she looks 15, but the actress is 22. They freaking showed aria stark naked for crying out loud. I wonder if they tamed this one down because so many people were creeped out by that? Is this the first woman in the whole history of got to have a sex scene and not be shown?

At first it felt uncomfortable, then not. Anyway, i dont really remember a sex scene with more tension all around. It was well done.
FancyKetchup14
AG
cbr
AG
bluefire579 said:

schmidthead said:

Was avoiding this thread until I got to watch, so I missed this gem. It's a meme, dude. I said nothing about her being attractive or not. It's literally just comparing her expression in that scene to a famous meme. Get the **** over yourself.
And by the way, i she is hot - but well cast because she is so unique looking - sometimes pretty, sometimes not, but always holds your eye.
powerbelly
AG
Honestly, I am really not looking forward to the actress change. She has really played the role well and will leave some big shoes to fill.
The Porkchop Express
AG
cbr said:

Jimmy McNulty said:

. They freaking showed aria stark naked for crying out loud.
combat wombat™
AG
I don't recall Arya being naked.
Icecream_Ag
S
cbr said:

Jimmy McNulty said:

Not gonna lie, i was wildly curious where that was going. I mean, she looks 15, but the actress is 22. They freaking showed aria stark naked for crying out loud. I wonder if they tamed this one down because so many people were creeped out by that? Is this the first woman in the whole history of got to have a sex scene and not be shown?

At first it felt uncomfortable, then not. Anyway, i dont really remember a sex scene with more tension all around. It was well done.
she started the show at 15/16, she's 18 or 19 by this point iirc.
Icecream_Ag
S
combat wombat said:

I don't recall Arya being naked.
side boob and her stomach are all I remember.
AgE2theBONE
AG
I thought we got a shot of Arya's booty but I can't really remember either.

I was just happy for Gendry and her that they got a little fun in before the end of the world.
Ol Jock 99
AG
GOT is great when there is source material, and much less so (with exceptions, like the Baelor episode, which may have been the best in the whole show) when there isn't.

Happily, this story is complete, at least in outline form. Lots of room to fill out characters, add subplot, but the story arch is there.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

GOT is great when there is source material, and much less so (with exceptions, like the Baelor episode, which may have been the best in the whole show) when there isn't.

Happily, this story is complete, at least in outline form. Lots of room to fill out characters, add subplot, but the story arch is there.
They did the Daemon/Rhaenyra ambiguous seduction scene really incredible given how sketchy it was in the book (no spoilers)
will25u
emando2000
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

I was thinking this while watching.
The Porkchop Express
AG
will25u said:

What is on the plate there in front of Rhaneyra? One of the CrabFeeder's loyal subjectS?
bluefire579
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Westeros in general under the Targaryens has a lot less mystical type aspects than even other areas within the rest of the world, probably because of the emphasis on science and knowledge from the maesters. Looking at GoT, one of the reasons White Walkers are ignored by folks outside of the north is because it's been so long since they had appeared before (think thousands of years). You can even see it with the Starks, particularly Bran, thinking about how the stories are just stories, and how the Night's Watch receives little help because of it.
redline248
AG
I think the long night was 8000 years before Aegon the Conqeror
FancyKetchup14
AG

HossAg
will25u
FancyKetchup14 said:

Boooooooo.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Wow, I'm genuinely bummed, even though I knew it was coming and that it's necessary to tell the story.

Are they going to continuously age the other actors to mark the passage of time? As much as I loved The Last Kingdom on Netflix, they really half-assed showing anyone getting older in the main cast despite time passing by having their children grow from babies to young adults.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.