Houston
Sponsored by

2019 DisAstros thread

241,624 Views | 2084 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Serotonin
AG
I don't see why everyone hates Joe Buck.

He's easy to listen to if you just assume he's a Nationals fan watching baseball for the first time.
Al Bula
AG
Definitely all the Astros last night, especially JV:

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Gator03 said:

He's easy to listen to if you just assume he's a Nationals fan watching baseball for the first time.
I watched games 3-5 on a cruise and they had the international tv feed. Buck Martinez and Thom Brennaman on espn were a million times better. Was never really a Joe Buck hater until getting such a good comparison. F that guy.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Gator03 said:

He's easy to listen to if you just assume he's a Nationals fan watching baseball for the first time and likes to blow 21 year old Dominican boys.
MAS444
AG
Yeah although it's real hard to be critical of Altuve in light of all he's done...he had a historically awful at bat in the 5th (I think) with 2 on and 1 out.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I have been pretty underwhelmed by the crowds involvement throughout the game. It was louder in the Yankees and Tampa series than it has been in Game 2 and Game 6. anyone else feel that way? How does it sound on TV? That place better be rocking tonight.
Texaggie7nine
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

I have been pretty underwhelmed by the crowds involvement throughout the game. It was louder in the Yankees and Tampa series than it has been in Game 2 and Game 6. anyone else feel that way? How does it sound on TV? That place better be rocking tonight.
Less real fans, more "important wealthy people"
7nine
jetch17
AG

yeah i thought it was pretty subdued last night, even before they started breaking it off
David_Puddy
AG

I have been pretty underwhelmed by the crowds involvement throughout the game. It was louder in the Yankees and Tampa series than it has been in Game 2 and Game 6.

Lots of nervous (corporate) energy in there last night. Tickets for tonight are quite cheaper than they've been for any other games, so hopefully the regular season vatos splurge and get the energy back going in there. Also it pissed me off that they didn't have the same intros with the fireworks and light flickering for home runs (even though we only hit one), which was badass.
Serotonin
AG

Yep, was thinking the same thing.
Cromagnum
AG

Our fans are only loud when something exciting, and more importantly favorable is happening. The juice box was rocking in the 1st inning and 5hen it was crickets for 8 innings.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Glad I am not the only one.

I almost got run by the seating attendant's boss last night because he told me to sit down. he did not like my response. I am going to be really rowdy tonight. We are going to pound town on Sherzer.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Cromagnum said:

Our fans are only loud when something exciting, and more importantly favorable is happening. The juice box was rocking in the 1st inning and 5hen it was crickets for 8 innings.
I disagree, that place was crickets in the 1st when JV had two strikes. That place should have been deafening any time we get 2 strikes, especially early on.
RK
AG
astros fans are STUNNED!!!!!! [/joe buck]
David_Puddy
AG

Cromagnum said:

I disagree, that place was crickets in the 1st when JV had two strikes. That place should have been deafening any time we get 2 strikes, especially early on.

Yeah.....even to start the game off if didn't feel right. Come on vatos.....fork over your paycheck and show up tonight and get that place hype!
Mr. McGibblets
AG

Agree 100%. I have lost my voice in both Game 1 and Game 6 and people keep looking at me like I need to chill out. ITS THE ****ING WORLD SERIES!!!!

Yankees and Rays games were WAAAY louder.
HouAggie2007
Altuve has been ****ing worthless the last few games
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Less real fans, more "important wealthy people"
Yep. Lady right behind me at Game 1 asked someone in her group, "When is it going to be over?" It was the 2nd inning.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Aggie09Derek
AG
DM me or email me at username@gmail.com if looking for tickets for tonight, may be able to help save some of the fees. Have access to some wholesale prices.

Tickets for tonight are a good amount cheaper than last night FWIW.
Betoisafurry
What have y'all been doing as far as getting to the game? Got a single for tonight and I'm coming from spring branch. I assume Uber is a cluster ****, thinking about just parking a good ways away and walking, don't wanna pay a c note for parking
Texaggie7nine
We parked at Hilton of Americas for $27 for WS game 1 and hardly anyone was there. There is a rockets game tonight so it may be a little packed there, but still the rockets crowd should be gone before you are.
7nine
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Parking is $50 in the most expensive lots I have seen.
jetch17
AG
Aggie09Derek
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

We parked at Hilton of Americas for $27 for WS game 1 and hardly anyone was there. There is a rockets game tonight so it may be a little packed there, but still the rockets crowd should be gone before you are.
Rockets are on the road
agz win
AG
Parking garage at Austin, Caroline, Rusk and Walker. About 3 blocks away. Enter at Austin.

$20 parking over behind Lucky's. Also, about 3 blocks away.
MAS444
AG
Uber to the Grove pre-game. Uber from the Hilton post-game.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Getting to the game is easy, its getting home is where its a ***** if using ride share. Had a couple times this post season where had to wait 30 minutes for a ride. People would accept and then cancel because it was gonna take them forever to get there.

I'm also someone who waits till the end of the game to leave and walks away from the park before trying to get a ride (maybe I should try right away).
Cromagnum
AG
jetch17 said:

So funny
Bassmaster
AG
I saw some $90 dollar lots last night. I parked for free, but I can't give out my secrets on a public message board.
Aggie1391
Aggie09Derek said:

DM me or email me at username@gmail.com if looking for tickets for tonight, may be able to help save some of the fees. Have access to some wholesale prices.

Tickets for tonight are a good amount cheaper than last night FWIW.
Thanks for the tickets! Saved me a few hundred bucks over what I would have payed on any third party site.
swimmerbabe11
Park by 8th Wonder
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
$6 parking in the garage at Franklin and Milam. Easy walk to and from, and then you're on the very north side of downtown to get out easily after the game. Piece of cake.
nonameag99
I paid $10 in the surface lot across La Branch from Toyota Center for WS game 2. It was probably a little far, but no big deal.

I went to a WS game in 2017 and paid $50+ to park in the Astro's lot across US 59 from MMP. It took over an hour to get out of the lot after the game. Never again.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Free parking if you can find it all around downtown if trying to save a few bucks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.