Houston
Sponsored by

2019 DisAstros thread

236,978 Views | 2084 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
Mikeyshooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A's schedule has been pretty easy lately. It gets a lot tougher for them over the next two weeks including at Houston next week against Cole, Miley, and Verlander.
Al Bula
AG
Whose ready to get Mike Fiers back???
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
The A's can't sustain this run. Think the Astros have pitching issues? The A's would kill to have only two spots in the rotation to worry about.
dws
So what to make of the Marisnick/Reddick deal in the dugout last night? Seemed a little awkward. Even announcers didn't seem to know what to say.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Exactly how much did Morton and Keuchel want or was the front office just moving on no matter what?
Post removed:
by user
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
third coast.. said:

dws said:

So what to make of the Marisnick/Reddick deal in the dugout last night? Seemed a little awkward. Even announcers didn't seem to know what to say.

What happened?
some kind of weird bro hug head on the shoulder kind of thing. Best guess is that Jake was still pissed about the whole ordeal and Reddick has been talking him through it.
dws
Milwaukees Best Light said:

third coast.. said:

dws said:

What happened?
some kind of weird bro hug head on the shoulder kind of thing. Best guess is that Jake was still pissed about the whole ordeal and Reddick has been talking him through it.
Agreed. Just got the feeling that Jake had held it in as long as he could and possibly got emotional when he got back in the dugout.
Al Bula
AG
Nice hot inning until White.

And that reTylers the side

(Stolen from reddit)
schmellba99
AG
Shife said:

Nice hot inning until White.

And that reTylers the side

(Stolen from reddit)

He is due a bad at bat, considering he has been hitting the ball well the last several games.
cab559
AG
Side retylered
jetch17
AG
David_Puddy
AG
Glad to see the A's finally lost last night, too bad it was against Minny
Goose
AG
Bang bang bang!
Echoes97
AG
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
jetch17
AG
schmellba99
AG
F the Rangers!
Mikeyshooter
AG
Pour one out for Tyler White...
schmellba99
AG
Echoes97 said:

F the Rangers!
jetch17
AG
Shine up the boot!
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Sweeeeeeppppppppppppp
Joker98
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Exactly how much did Morton and Keuchel want or was the front office just moving on no matter what?
I understand moving on from Keuchel as he wanted long term for big money, but not signing Morton was a mistake. I think he only got 2 or 3 years from the Rays, if I remember right. Seems like that wouldn't have been too risky, albeit he had a IL stint last season. Put too much faith in MuQ, Peacock, Josh James, et al with no Lance for the year.
David_Puddy
AG
Picked up the Apollo 11 hat at the team store during lunch
FarmerJohn
AG
Quote:

but not signing Morton was a mistake.
Agreed, and the bizarre thing is you could pretty easily see how losing him could lose you the division or home field advantage in a playoff round. While losing a home playoff game would cost less than the $8 million difference in salary from last year, losing out on a round of playoffs would certainly cost more.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Joker98 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

I understand moving on from Keuchel as he wanted long term for big money, but not signing Morton was a mistake. I think he only got 2 or 3 years from the Rays, if I remember right. Seems like that wouldn't have been too risky, albeit he had a IL stint last season. Put too much faith in MuQ, Peacock, Josh James, et al with no Lance for the year.

Thanks. Yeah agree on Keuchel letting him go. Morton was my boy though. After the way he pitched game 7 in LA I thought he at least earned a 2 year deal too.
Goose
AG
I think the stros were more concerned with Morton's age getting up there than just his salary.
Chewy
AG
Morton got $30 million for two years. That's not exactly chump change. I too love CFM but based on his injury history I get why we didn't. Right now it looks foolish but if he hits the IL for an extended period it won't.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
We wouldn't have been able to extend JV, Bergman and hopefully Cole if you have Morton that deal.
Echoes97
AG
9 ER in 3 innings, is that bad? Sounds kinda bad...
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
jetch17
AG
Homers on Homer
RK
AG
Astros are pee-pee'ing on the A's fire.
digging tunnels
AG
Echoes97 said:

9 ER in 3 innings, is that bad? Sounds kinda bad...

Actually 9 ER in 2 innings. He had no outs in the 3rd
RynoAg
AG
jetch17
AG
schmellba99
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.