Houston
Sponsored by

2019 DisAstros thread

241,661 Views | 2084 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
randy828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Time to sign George

I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Al Bula
AG
I don't think data took into account the fact that our lineup could not f cking hit their way out of a wet paper sack.

Those clowndicks either partied too hard in Tampa or just read their own press clippings.
schmendeler
AG
Saturday is shaping up to be a beating, sports-wise.
AgLA06
AG
BMX Bandit said:

AgLA06 said:

That worked great. How's our rotation looking now (assuming we move on)? An entire team built around data analytics and we ignore data to waste Verlander and our bull pen. Genius.

Since 1995 through 2018, pitchers starting on three days' rest or less since their last start in the postseason had gone a combined 30-44 with a 4.58 ERA across 120 games. Teams aren't having their #3-#5 pitchers go on 3 days rest, it was their aces as well. Yet, we did it anyway.

Verlander gave Astros a better chance to win.

Unless Urquidy was going to drive in some runs, the "told you so" rings hollow

You didn't get Verlander last night. That's the point. You don't get anything close to your ace's best on three days rest. And now you've burned him until the middle of the Yankees series. And you burned your bullpen as well. Worst case on both fronts.

It's not I told you so. It's frustration over a decision that doesn't make any sense. The historical data didn't support it. It didn't play to our strength of outlasting the Rays in the series with deep starting pitching. They were saving their ace for game 5.

The best team in baseball made the equivalent of a panic decision in game 4 in a non must win situation.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

. You don't get anything close to your ace's best on three days rest.
Exactly what you probably said going into Game 5 of ALCS against David Price last year.

Kerhaw also just fine with 3 days rest.

But "historical data" for others players not named Verlander isn't relevant. It was his first time doing it, so no way to gauge how he would do.

I take what Verlander did last night over unknown with Urquidy every time.

David_Puddy
AG
BMX is absolutely right.....you're not going to win playoff road games scoring 1 freaking run. Other than the first inning, Verlander settled in for the most part. Starting a guy in game 4 who has literally never pitched in the playoffs is a different animal than starting a Hall of Famer on short rest. I don't care how well Cole pitches on Thursday, if we're scoring 1 freaking run it won't matter. How did we burn our bullpen last night? If anything they burned theirs. None of our guys in the pen had a crazy number of pitches, and they're all going to have a day of rest. Again, anyone putting this on Verlander when we score one freaking run against their platoon pitching staff isn't thinking logically.
Serotonin
AG
Rays are a terrible matchup in a 5 game series because they have a deep pitching staff and are in suicide bomb mode. They'll expend every last resource to take you out and then promptly lose in 4 or 5 games next round.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
It is over and no one is moving sides on this argument, lets move on. I started a Jobu shrine this morning.

To rid us of this:

Here we go

Ronnie
AG
Rays are tough to beat in their dump of a stadium. We get them back at home where we are pretty damn stout. One game all on the line! Let's do it Astros!
BigPuma
AG
Shife said:

I don't think data took into account the fact that our lineup could not f cking hit their way out of a wet paper sack.

Those clowndicks either partied too hard in Tampa or just read their own press clippings.
historically the trop has been an astro black hole
Post removed:
by user
jetch17
AG
I'm tryin to see if I can score some work tickets
The Wonderer
AG
jetch17 said:

I'm tryin to see if I can score some work tickets
Probably gonna need a lawyer...
jetch17
Mr. McGibblets
AG
My buddy has 2 for sale
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

My buddy has 2 for sale
where at? how much
jetch17
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Mr. McGibblets said:

My buddy has 2 for sale
where at? how much
work tickets got snagged.

i am now looking even for a single ticket if anyone come across some ... may start hitting the online brokers
Diggity
AG
Single should be easy to score at the stadium. Especially if you wait until after the game starts.
jetch17
AG
yeah ... im flying by the seat of my pants depending on what is going on with the family tomorrow evening - either pop down and party, or save some scratch for potential ALCS games in Tine (if we can manage to wake TF up and get there first)
Cromagnum
AG
Lmao

jetch17
AG
giddy up, picked up a couple for tomorrow - front row in right field above the HEB/Statefarm sign

my wife has already told me 'dont be that guy that gets drunk ad wrecks the homerun where the whole city hates you'

The Wonderer
AG
jetch17 said:

giddy up, picked up a couple for tomorrow - front row in right field above the HEB/Statefarm sign

my wife has already told me 'dont be that guy that gets drunk ad wrecks the homerun where the whole city hates you'

A curse on your pecker if you **** this up.
Bondag
AG
She knows you well
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
jetch17 said:

My seats used to be in row 2 there. Great seats. Witnessed the Pujols moon shot from there.
RK
AG
I already hate you. Just in case.
schmendeler
AG
RK said:

I already hate you. Just in case.

That's just being prudent.
jetch17
AG
I'll do us right
Liquid Wrench
jetch17 said:

You gotta admire the drunk old man who's pretty sure he's gonna stretch to get out in front of 4 other fans plus a major league outfielder to get that ball. Go get 'em Gramps!
Texaggie7nine
I'll be in 407.
7nine
LPHA
randy828
AG
jetch17 said:

I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Ciboag96
Your job is to flying sideways body tackle anyone with a glove near you when an Astros baseball is on its way.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Lets go

jetch17
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.