Houston
Sponsored by

2019 DisAstros thread

241,121 Views | 2084 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
GoAgs92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PS...should have sent Reddick...that was chicken bleep by the 3rd base coach
GoAgs92
AG
Not one step was in the lane...better not overturn
GoAgs92
AG
Sit down Potsie.
Zobel
AG
If toss his rat face just for taunting this entire time. Ump is showing some patience.

This delay is brutal.
Bondag
AG
7 minutes and counting. If you can't figure it out stick with call on field.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Lol at this delay. What the hell is there to look at?
98Ag99Grad
AG
Yeah no way that was getting overturned.
txaggie_08
AG
This game
schmellba99
AG
What the hell is it with our inability to put some gawddamned runs up at home????
bigtruckguy3500
Anyone else have their BAS overflow into the other sports they follow? That last call aside.
Bondag
AG
So there was a 7 minute delay for no reason and our cold pitcher gave up a home rum.
Zobel
AG
This strike zone now 8'x8'.
txags92
AG
Strasberg still getting that pitch 4-6" outside the zone called strikes. Easy to be "locked in" when the ump calls anything somewhat close a strike...
schmendeler
AG
Ump afraid of getting heat from the nats side now
txags92
AG
If we can do in game protests now, we should wait until Strasberg is warmed up and ready to pitch next inning and then lodge a ten minute protest of the barn door sized strike zone the ump is calling only one way.
Boo Weekley
txags92 said:

If we can do in game protests now, we should wait until Strasberg is warmed up and ready to pitch next inning and then lodge a ten minute protest of the barn door sized strike zone the ump is calling only one way.

No sh**. That ended up potentially f-ing us. No way to know for sure but stalling a pitcher on the mound for a good 10 minutes definitely isn't optimal mentally or physically for him. I never heard a good explanation...if it wasn't reviewable why did they review it for 10 min?
Boo Weekley
Never mind, missed that it was an in-game protest. I didn't know that was an option. Could be the new icing the kicker.
AlaskanAg99
AG
This ****ing game.
98Ag99Grad
AG
This thread is much better than the Astros season thread on the baseball board. Bunch of whiny pvssies over there.
Echoes97
AG
5 pitches. 5. In the 8th for Strasburg. We are screwed barring a miracle, wow.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
RynoAg
AG
GoAgs92
AG
In Greinke we trust!

I hope.
BrazosDog02
AG
I can hear them choking from central Texas. Lol. What a dumpster fire.
98Ag99Grad
AG
GoAgs92 said:

In Greinke we trust!

I hope.

He looked pretty good the other night and pitched well against them when he was with Zona. Feel good with him going.
Al Bula
AG
I hope those baby shark dildos are happy.
Echoes97
AG
Horrible, horrible game, and all the media will talk about is the stupid call, Martinez thrown out, blah blah blah. Strasburg owned us no doubt, but wow did he have a comfy zone to work with. Just incredibly frustrating all around.
Cromagnum
AG
Echoes97 said:

Wow, *********it...

Our only chance to give JV an opportunity at the W, and we choked. Ugh...

JV choked first in all fairness. Then our bats went ice cold.
Echoes97
AG
You are right, certainly. Man, that's really, really got to keep JV up at night, it's just crazy how he is not able to get a WS win. Couple of mistakes but huge damage (at the time). What a disappointing game, we better wake up the bats tomorrow and give ZG and the pen some run support.
Bondag
AG
When you stretch the zone for one guy, but not for the guy looking for a swing and a miss it affects the game.
David_Puddy
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

Anyone else have their BAS overflow into the other sports they follow? That last call aside.

100%....especially since we've scored 7 total runs in 3 home games and are about to face Scherzer
digging tunnels
AG
Ay yi yi....they did not make Strasburg work it tonight. I was hoping he would have a high pitch count. Not getting to their bullpen at all was huge.

Sigh. Scherzer vs Greinke tomorrow. I'm not optimistic here
Aggie09Derek
AG
Tickets for tomorrow good amount cheaper than they were going for tonight. See y'all at Minute Maid tomorrow!
sts7049
AG
the stoppage of the game was not because of the "protest"
randy828
AG
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
HtownAg92
AG
I know it is hard to criticize Altuve for all that he has done, but I count three times now when he could have easily taken a HBP and gotten on base. Baserunners, especially ones like Altuve that can make things happen and disrupt a pitcher's rhythm, are invaluable and critical.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.