Houston
Sponsored by

2019 DisAstros thread

241,246 Views | 2084 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
yestoast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm having so much fun watching these guys.

Also, I think this is an out in kickball:

https://www.thescore.com/s/10569391
RK
AG
where the hell was the catcher going?
yestoast
RK said:

where the hell was the catcher going?
Presumably, after completely forgetting the on base scenario, to back up the throw to first.

Doesn't matter, got lulz:

Miles Finch
He was backing up the throw to first like he should have. There was one out and a runner on first. The double play gets you out of the inning. Play at home just gets you one out. The SS had a brain fart.
HtownAg92
AG
Miles Finch said:

He was backing up the throw to first like he should have. There was one out and a runner on first. The double play gets you out of the inning. Play at home just gets you one out. The SS had a brain fart.
What? DP is not a given. Runner on third, you stay at home.

What if there was a tough slide and you ate the throw to first? A holding runner on third now has a free uncovered home plate.

And if double play gets you out of the inning, you don't need to be backing up first because if you are needed on the play, it is an overthrown ball and you don't get a DP, and again, you left home open.

Edit to add: Also, slow chopper may rule out DP, so get lead runner on force out at home. 6-2-3 DP may still be in play, but at least you prevented a run.
Miles Finch
HtownAg92 said:

Miles Finch said:

What? DP is not a given. Runner on third, you stay at home.

What if there was a tough slide and you ate the throw to first? A holding runner on third now has a free uncovered home plate.

And if double play gets you out of the inning, you don't need to be backing up first because if you are needed on the play, it is an overthrown ball and you don't get a DP, and again, you left home open.

Edit to add: Also, slow chopper may rule out DP, so get lead runner on force out at home. 6-2-3 DP may still be in play, but at least you prevented a run.
The replay showed he received the ball in plenty of time to get Reddick at 2b and with Yuli running, there was a good shot at a double play. Catcher still backed up in case of a bad turn to prevent runner at 1b to advance. In hindsight, the catcher probably should have stayed home because of the chopper and runner at 3b, but a MLB SS should go for the double play in that situation, IMO.

Edit to add: The catcher should have made sure the SS was attempting the DP before heading up the line.
HtownAg92
AG
Ok, I thought bases were juiced and force at home, but catcher still should have stayed home. I think the SS made the right call on a bad base running mistake from guy on third. He had him nailed.
Miles Finch
In the recap, Servais blamed the catcher and during the telecast, Blum blamed the SS. So, the former catcher blamed the catcher and the former SS blamed the SS.
The Wonderer
AG
98Ag99Grad
AG
Mariners peaked in week 2.
randy828
AG
I swear I don't know how we keep winning. Luhnow for MVP? We have a stocked minor league system?

Awesome!

I just wish the middle relievers would quit blowing leads for the starters.
jetch17
AG
doesnt see Astros thread in watchlist this morning.... checks score from last night

RK
AG
2 TD's to the rare a&m/ut 1-pt safety.
OCEN99
AG
And a Tyler White pitching appearance to boot.
Mikeyshooter
AG
OCEN99 said:

And a Tyler White pitching appearance to boot.
Now we know why he's stayed on the roster.
Post removed:
by user
Al Bula
AG
Damn.
jetch17
AG
Finally.

Echoes97
AG
Marisnick and Brantley were gonna feel really bad if we lost that game after their screw up, that hurt at the time but I didn't think it would matter, but it did. Not hating I love those dudes just saying. Phew, great way to finish out the road trip!
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Sugar_Land_Wes
AG
WTB 2 tickets for Sunday v O's
Looking for 2 decent seats
Text 28one-7nine7-49six0 or PM
jetch17
AG
Echoes97
AG
Nice (non) tag! Astros win again!!

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I watched the replays on the broadcast and I never saw Yuli touch the plate. Looked like he might have gotten it under the catchers leg, but you couldn't see from the camera. I thought they would call him out for not touching home.

And damn, Perez was dealing last night! Hope he can keep that up. Now it was against Baltimore, but still, he looked good.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Appeared that catcher never tagged him either. Couldn't call him out without a tag.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Alvarez time tomorrow
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Anyone hitting up Orbits birthday party today?
cab559
AG
Jesus Christ Alvarez
jetch17
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Yordan goes yard on his 2nd AB. He certainly has the swing of stud hitter.
Bondag
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Yordan goes yard on his 2nd AB. He certainly has the swing of stud hitter.
Glad he was able to find his bat again.
jetch17
AG
Yordan-riffic

stroodles
AG
#airyordan
jetch17
AG
randy828
AG
Devo trying his best to blow the lead for another extra inning win?? Astros offense is incredible, the relievers are killing me. I'd like to see Lunhow get us one or two dependable set up men.
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
Wish Blummer & Berkman could be in booth together!
Good stuff from Berk!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.