Houston
Sponsored by

2019 DisAstros thread

241,449 Views | 2084 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gator03 said:

schmellba99 said:

MAS444 said:

Plus property taxes are high here, which sort of offsets no state income tax. I bet the income tax thing has much less value than people think.
It does. My tax burden went up moving back to Texas from AZ because of the disparity in income tax there versus property tax here. But a few thousand.
Would it at that level though?

4% of $30M income per year = $1.2M
2% of $5M house in Memorial or RO = $100k

You'd have to really go nuts on the house to get close to the income tax burden.
Don't know about CA, but most places with state income taxes are a percentage of your federal tax, not you overall income I thought. I know AZ is at least that way, so the income tax state portion is really not all that bad. They still had property tax out there as well, but my property tax was something like $500 a year.
Serotonin
AG
schmellba99 said:

Gator03 said:

schmellba99 said:

MAS444 said:

Plus property taxes are high here, which sort of offsets no state income tax. I bet the income tax thing has much less value than people think.
It does. My tax burden went up moving back to Texas from AZ because of the disparity in income tax there versus property tax here. But a few thousand.
Would it at that level though?

4% of $30M income per year = $1.2M
2% of $5M house in Memorial or RO = $100k

You'd have to really go nuts on the house to get close to the income tax burden.
Don't know about CA, but most places with state income taxes are a percentage of your federal tax, not you overall income I thought. I know AZ is at least that way, so the income tax state portion is really not all that bad. They still had property tax out there as well, but my property tax was something like $500 a year.
Yeah, I can see how income tax would be better than property tax for us mere mortals who have houses worth more than our annual income.

But if you have an annual income that's multiples of your property value then you'd much rather have no income tax and a 2% property tax.

Overall though I agree with the earlier poster who said that this is almost a non-factor.
txags92
AG
schmellba99 said:

David_Puddy said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Has Hinch been fired yet?

Freaking brutal. 1/2 blame on him but the other half on the THIRD 2 RUN HOME OUTING of the series & 11 LOB. That's just absolutely abysmal
Lack of hitting lost the series.

We scored 11 total runs at home. Left at least 30 on base You can't win when you lose the ability to hit and score runs - and we seemed to rely almost exclusively on home runs to score instead of playing good small ball.

Yep. Our situational hitting was terrible. You don't need a HR every time you have a runner on 1st and 0 or 1 outs. You need to advance the runner and keep the train moving.
Bondag
AG
We were making good contact for the most part, but it was either right into the shift or warning track power.

Greinke should still be pitching.
Boo Weekley
Gator03 said:

Cromagnum said:

I'm gonna laugh everytime Juan Puto gets drilled by a fastball next year.

Hopefully Rendon and Strasburg leave and his team fades into obscurity.
Would LOVE to somehow land Rendon. Hell of a player, from here, has the accent, and seems like the type of dude that is very easy to root for.

F*** Cole, spoiled little Newport Beach f*cc boy. Prob loves Beto. And the occasional pennis.
David_Puddy
AG
Good ol Boo can always bring politics into any discussion.
swimmerbabe11
Bondag said:

Greinke should still be pitching.

Dude, the game is over and if it weren't, he'd have thrown like 700 pitches by now. You cant do that to a guy.
GoAgs92
AG
Two people are truly to blame:

Dave Roberts, the Dodger manager brought in Kershaw with the Nats down 2 in game 7 of the NLDS only to watch him give up back to back HRs and the Dodgers lost in 10...if that dummy just uses the bullpen, they probably win. Same doofus started Darvish for game 7 in 2017.

Kate Upton, she should not be behind home plate when Verlander is pitching. She has clearly stolen his playoff mojo and is two big distractions.
Chewy
AG
What's also crazy about the Nats is if Christian Yelich doesn't get hurt they might not have even won the Wildcard game. I don't think Yelich makes the same error his replacement did.

Sports are funny sometimes and it can be all about the breaks.

That and leaving Greinke in...
jetch17
AG
Mazag already fired up a good one on MLB board - we gon' fire up an official 2020 swang n bang thread?

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Don't do it. FWA does it.

Don't change the dancing girl and don't change the thread starter.
jetch17
AG

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Text his ass. I'm ready to talk about this. I got his email somewhere, but don't want to dig that deep. Enough corona. Enough tropical nonsense. Enough election. Muthaheffin Astros baseball time.
schmendeler
AG
i want orbit to have a trashcan with him on the side that he bangs periodically.
randy828
AG
schmendeler said:

i want orbit to have a trashcan with him on the side that he bangs periodically.
Hey man, it's a family show!!!!
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
schmendeler
AG
randy828 said:

schmendeler said:

Hey man, it's a family show!!!!
i mean, it's not like i said the trashcan should have the name Rachel Brown.
Chewy
AG
This is gonna be methadone baseball with no fans in the stands but I'll still take it.

Game 6 of the 2019 ALCS was on last night. I tuned in right to see Springers walk and then Tuve mash the walk off. I can't imagine that moment without fans. Completely electric.
jetch17
AG
Ava's ready for the new thread

https://instagr.am/p/CC_hlHYHZ5l
bad93ex
IWNHI
Post removed:
by user
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Beginning to wonder if FWA is gonna start this thing or not. Is he even alive?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.