Houston
Sponsored by

2019 DisAstros thread

242,859 Views | 2084 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
Echoes97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow, just wow...
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
98Ag99Grad
AG
I'll admit I didnt watch a ton of the NL playoffs but the couple of games I saw Washington slapped St Louis around like they were nothing. I was pretty worried about them especially since we caught some breaks with NY doing nothing with RISP. Astros didnt win 107 games by accident but they're up against it big time. Need some sorta spark to get them going.
Duck Blind
AG
That escalated quickly.
Boo Weekley
We still have God Family Friends and other hobbies. This may be good for some of us. Puts things back into focus. This is just a casual hobby, like gardening or collecting stamps.
schmendeler
AG
Rockets' first game is tomorrow
schmellba99
AG
third coast.. said:

So this is the feeling men get when they go to a dominatrix and pay a bunch of money to be degraded

No, because you leave her abused.....but happy.

This is just abused.
Liquid Wrench
Boo Weekley said:

We still have God Family Friends and other hobbies. This may be good for some of us. Puts things back into focus. This is just a casual hobby, like gardening or collecting stamps.
How's your gardening and stamp collecting going?
digging tunnels
AG
Damn Nationals have been clutch the entire playoffs, starting with the NLDS. Our bats have been cold as well vs the good pitching. I wouldn't be surprised if we got swept now

Aggie09Derek
AG
schmendeler said:

Rockets' first game is tomorrow
was at Astros tonight and planing to be at Rockets tomorrow. Big opening game vs Bucks!
redsquirrelAG
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Al Bula
AG
The Astros have helped me get to sleep early the last two nights.
David_Puddy
AG
Surprised to see Astros are -125 for tomorrow. Seems crazy to me.
Cromagnum
AG
Shife said:

The Astros have helped me get to sleep early the last two nights.

Did you buy a mattress from Gallery Furniture too?
Panama Red
AG
It is -130 with my book. I thought it would be closer to even, or Nationals slight favorite.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Boo Weekley said:

We still have God Family Friends and other hobbies.

This right here brother! Nats went up 11-2 and I got up off my buddy's couch all bent out of shape and walked into his kitchen. Saw that it was a place to LIVE LAUGH LOVE and thought to myself, family and friends are what matter in life. I'm at peace today.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Boo Weekley said:

We still have God Family Friends and other hobbies.

This right here brother! Nats went up 11-2 and I got up off my buddy's couch all bent out of shape and walked into his kitchen. Saw that it was a place to LIVE LAUGH LOVE and thought to myself, family and friends are what matter in life. I'm at peace today.
quitters
RK
AG

Quote:

Saw that it was a place to LIVE LAUGH LOVE and thought to myself, family and friends are what matter in life. I'm at peace today.

strong lol to that
GrayMatter
AG
This team is too good to lay down for the other team. They have 107 reasons why they still believe the day after the ass whooping they took. So go on and water your lawn and trim your bushes and leave the dreamin' for us who still believe in our 'Stros!
Duck Blind
AG
GrayMatter said:

This team is too good to lay down for the other team. They have 107 reasons why they still believe the day after the ass whooping they took. So go on and water your lawn and trim your bushes and leave the dreamin' for us who still believe in our 'Stros!

As dejected as I was leaving MM the last 2 nights, THIS AIN'T OVER! Grienke can get it started. Cole is NOT GOING to have a crappy start again. Steal 2 games. Reclaim home field.
David_Puddy
AG
Just saw this on the baseball board.....

The Nats are riding high right now and for good reason. They're a very good team and they're on fire. Baseball is funny. A team can get hot and everyone's confidence goes through the roof. Ryan Zimmerman can hammer a Gerrit Cole fastball over the center field fence. Kurt Suzuki can beat up JV all day and rope a go-ahead home run off him. Pitchers consistently get out of tight jams. Every 50/50 ball (like Bregman's misplay last night or Springer's g1 shot that was two feet from tying the game) tends to go your way.

But baseball is also funny in that one loss can change everything. Confidence goes down slightly. A break or two goes the other team's way. Guys start pressing. I really think if we can just beat them once, their cloak of invincibility will be punctured and we'll have our way with them. They're good, but they aren't THIS good.

The season rides on Greinke and I honestly feel ok about that. We got him for this game specifically. Earlier this year in Oakland, we lost the first three games of a series and our lead had been trimmed to 6.5 games with over a month left to play. Lose the fourth game and it's down to 5.5. But Greinke mowed them down with 7 strong innings and essentially put away the division. This is his moment.

TLDR: If we win game 3, we win the series. And I think Greinke is gonna do it for us.
randy828
AG
Time for Springer and the rest of the 'Stros to get on fire

I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
one MEEN Ag
AG
They play 7 games for a reason.

When Hinch had Altuve try to steal third in the first I thought they were pressing too hard and trying to play small ball. Everyone just played tighter and tighter. Putting Pressly back in was okay, but not pulling him immediately after giving up a no out solo home run was not. Should've seen through the first pitch he just didn't have it.

Astros are going to play the next three with their back against the wall. Should be fun to see how they respond to adversity.
jetch17
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

They play 7 games for a reason.

When Hinch had Altuve try to steal third in the first I thought they were pressing too hard and trying to play small ball. Everyone just played tighter and tighter. Putting Pressly back in was okay, but not pulling him immediately after giving up a no out solo home run was not. Should've seen through the first pitch he just didn't have it.

Astros are going to play the next three with their back against the wall. Should be fun to see how they respond to adversity.
Harris should have been in there as soon as the ball went over the fence.
schmellba99
AG
GrayMatter said:

Sorry man, Jobu has left the building and isnt,coming back
98Ag99Grad
AG
Greinke is 1-0 against the Nats, going 7+ w/ 3 k's and only allowing 2 hits the only time he faced them this season w/ AZ.
MAS444
AG
Nats are hot and we're not. Simple as that. Hopefully that changes real quick.
92Ag95
AG
David_Puddy said:

Just saw this on the baseball board.....

The Nats are riding high right now and for good reason. They're a very good team and they're on fire. Baseball is funny. A team can get hot and everyone's confidence goes through the roof. Ryan Zimmerman can hammer a Gerrit Cole fastball over the center field fence. Kurt Suzuki can beat up JV all day and rope a go-ahead home run off him. Pitchers consistently get out of tight jams. Every 50/50 ball (like Bregman's misplay last night or Springer's g1 shot that was two feet from tying the game) tends to go your way.

But baseball is also funny in that one loss can change everything. Confidence goes down slightly. A break or two goes the other team's way. Guys start pressing. I really think if we can just beat them once, their cloak of invincibility will be punctured and we'll have our way with them. They're good, but they aren't THIS good.

The season rides on Greinke and I honestly feel ok about that. We got him for this game specifically. Earlier this year in Oakland, we lost the first three games of a series and our lead had been trimmed to 6.5 games with over a month left to play. Lose the fourth game and it's down to 5.5. But Greinke mowed them down with 7 strong innings and essentially put away the division. This is his moment.

TLDR: If we win game 3, we win the series. And I think Greinke is gonna do it for us.

This. There is no team in baseball that could win those 8 straight (Dodgers twice, St. Louis 4 times and the Astros twice (with Cole and Verlander)).
Goose
AG
As a lifelong Stros fan I'm far less discouraged with this 0-2 deficit than any remotely similar situation in the team's history. For the first time we have a team that can look back as little as two years ago and say with absolute confidence that they have what it takes to win it.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Taubman fired. I hope this appeases the Baseball Gods and we turn this **** around!!!

LETS ****ING GOOOOOOOO!!!!
Martin Q. Blank
Fire guy for making comment about what Osuna did. Don't fire Osuna for what he did.
Aggie09Derek
AG
well they hired Osuna after what he did...
Martin Q. Blank
yah, but that was before the media let the Astros know that talking about it was wrong.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

yah, but that was before the media let the Astros know that talking about it was wrong.
What do you mean the media let the astros know tlaking about it was wrong?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.