Houston
Sponsored by

2019 DisAstros thread

241,157 Views | 2084 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone see what happened to the kid who got hit by the foul ball?
cab559
AG
Man, was it a kid? I'm not sure but the broadcast said it was a young fan and almora is visibly shaken up.

I hope everyone is ok.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
ESPN just said the little kid is conscious and getting treatment at a nearby hospital. I saw the ambulance leave the stadium. Hopefully a speedy recovery

Found this.

https://abc13.com/sports/foul-ball-strikes-child-as-astros-face-off-with-cubs/5322487/

and now the overreaction.....
RK
AG
The Wonderer said:

lne2011 said:

Correa is out 4-6 weeks with a fractured rib. Correa, Altuve and Springer are out, too bad we don't have any other superstars to help get the team through their absences.
Reportedly from an in-home massage. WTF??

had to be soapy.
The Wonderer
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

ESPN just said the little kid is conscious and getting treatment at a nearby hospital. I saw the ambulance leave the stadium. Hopefully a speedy recovery

Found this.

https://abc13.com/sports/foul-ball-strikes-child-as-astros-face-off-with-cubs/5322487/

People now demanding nets from pole to pole.
MAS444
AG
Any updates on the kid?
The Wonderer
AG
Kid is conscious and doing ok. That's all that's been released.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
The Wonderer said:

Found this.

I have a simple solution, don't have toddlers sitting so close to the field. Isn't it a parents duty to protect their kid?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Waste of a good ticket on a toddler. Kid would probably have more fun in the nose bleeds.
chimpanzee
Is "Correa's Masseur" taken as a TexAgs handle?
OCEN99
AG
chimpanzee said:

Is "Correa's Masseur" taken as a TexAgs handle?
Apparently it was a masseuse.

Mikeyshooter
AG
jetch17 said:

Get White out and bring up Alvarez

No ***** Tired of watching his fat ass.
Bondag
AG

The Wonderer said:

Found this.

I have a simple solution, don't have toddlers sitting so close to the field. Isn't it a parents duty to protect their kid?
I went to a game a few weeks ago. Seats were close to that area. I don't have kids, but know that area is foul ball territory. Phone stayed in my pocket the entire game. Don't need nets. Need awareness.
sts7049
AG
jetch17
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
1st lesson in baseball, don't take your eye off the ball.
stroodles
AG
BarryProfit
Bondag said:

The Wonderer said:

Found this.

I went to a game a few weeks ago. Seats were close to that area. I don't have kids, but know that area is foul ball territory. Phone stayed in my pocket the entire game. Don't need nets. Need awareness.

I agree that folks should pay more attention but was I at the game when the little girl got hit. Aware or not there was nothing you could have done on that particular foul ball in that particular section, it was a rocket. Short of requiring everyone to have a glove and undergo regular practice that ball takes you out 99% of the time.
Ed Torian
Bondag said:

The Wonderer said:

Found this.

But nets would be nice for the elderly and those with kids. Not everybody is a super disciplined, phone in pocket the entire game aware badass like you.
Ed Torian
Myles Straw is a fast genitalman.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Why can't they do plexiglass instead of nets?
Al Bula
AG
Ed Torian said:

Not everybody is a super disciplined, phone in pocket the entire game aware badass like you.
this!
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

But nets would be nice for the elderly and those with kids. Not everybody is a super disciplined, phone in pocket the entire game aware badass like you.
Has nothing at all to do with being a badass. It's basic common sense and situational awareness. Be aware of foul balls and line drives at all times.

There are places you shouldn't sit if you can't react. Foul balls are not a new thing; why is this debate coming up now? Is it just that people buying 100 dollar seats for their toddlers are too busy and important to think about such matters?

Yeah, I look at my phone during games and take pictures. When I hear the crack of the bat, my head pops up. Not just for safety, but because that's why I'm there. To watch the game. And when I was a little kid, if my dad took me in the good seats, he moved in front of me if a foul came our way or told me to look out. Hell, I'm pretty large and healthy now, and there are a couple seats on the corners I wouldn't buy tickets in because I don't want to worry about balls coming my way that much. I certainly wouldn't sit there when I get older, and certainly would not take a baby or small child.
sts7049
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Quote:

Be aware of foul balls and line drives at all times.

Yeah, I look at my phone during games and take pictures. When I hear the crack of the bat, my head pops up.
does not compute. you would have been drilled the same as this kid in this situation.
Ed Torian
Social Media Influencer said:

Quote:

Has nothing at all to do with being a badass. It's basic common sense and situational awareness. Be aware of foul balls and line drives at all times.

There are places you shouldn't sit if you can't react. Foul balls are not a new thing; why is this debate coming up now? Is it just that people buying 100 dollar seats for their toddlers are too busy and important to think about such matters?

Yeah, I look at my phone during games and take pictures. When I hear the crack of the bat, my head pops up. Not just for safety, but because that's why I'm there. To watch the game. And when I was a little kid, if my dad took me in the good seats, he moved in front of me if a foul came our way or told me to look out. Hell, I'm pretty large and healthy now, and there are a couple seats on the corners I wouldn't buy tickets in because I don't want to worry about balls coming my way that much. I certainly wouldn't sit there when I get older, and certainly would not take a baby or small child.
Cool story, dork.
Al Bula
AG
Astros win, y'all need to bite each other's pillows and drop the soap elsewhere.
The Wonderer
AG
jetch17
AG
F yeah. Good day of baseball.
Alex Bregman
AG
Round Rock sweeps the A's.
lne2011
AG
So much for the A's and their 10 game win streak. We just swept them with our AAA line up.
Post removed:
by user
The Wonderer
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
third coast.. said:

national broadcast team just referred to bregman as a superstar
face of the game if I heard them correctly, not a superstar
jetch17

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.