******* Cowboys Official Season Thread 2024 *******

33,645 Views | 681 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by BassCowboy33
aggiebird02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's quiet in here; is anyone else watching the game?
gigem1223
Miles Austin in at QB
WestTexasAg
AG
How are you guys watching the game? NFL Network showing Chiefs/Jags replay here in Lubbock.
gigem1223
CBS
gigem1223
Cropper has got to get that past the sticks there. Like what I've seen from Mazi, Overshown, Bell, Dowdle, Brooks and Lance so far.
Danny Vermin
They actually look pretty good compared to most preseason games.
WestTexasAg
AG
gigem1223 said:

CBS
PGA Tour Golf on CBS here. I guess Lubbock is going to spare us from watching the Cowboys today.
Macarthur
Def been some bright spots. Lance is so physically gifted. You would love it if he figures it out.

Bad play call and bad throw.
Danny Vermin
Terrible play call. Two pretty good drives though.
BassCowboy33
Bad play call, but Lance has to hit that pass with the guy that wide open.
Macarthur
Mazi looks much stronger this year. Not getting blown off the ball but it looks like he has a tough time disengaging from the OL.
Bdub12
He has all the tools it seems. A rocket for an arm!
gigem1223
Would like to see Schoonmaker make some plays today. For a 2nd round pick he's been very underwhelming
gigem1223
Zero pass rush today
gigem1223
Buddy Johnson sighting
gigem1223
Seen enough of Scott. Killing the secondary
gigem1223
And he immediately redeems himself
98Ag99Grad
AG
2 picks is good. Lance moves well and has made some plays. Aubrey still making kicks
Macarthur
Bebee looks good at C.
gigem1223
Int #3. This team is deep at safety
gigem1223
Where's Deuce at?
jr15aggie
AG
Macarthur said:

Def been some bright spots. Lance is so physically gifted. You would love it if he figures it out.

That's about all I know about Trey Lance... I watched a few of his pre draft workouts and hot damn that kid can throw a football!

I still don't think he'll ever be our guy (I haven't started watching the game yet), but it would be awesome if he figured it out.
FireAg
AG
Color me unimpressed with Trey Lance today…

He has done some decent things, but he has also failed to see wide open WRs downfield…

Think Rush is quite safe…
ac04
love to send a 4th for trey lance and accept a 5th for amari cooper
BassCowboy33
Lance didn't look bad, but ill say everything he did looked difficult. Throws were a bit off, timing was usually late, deep passes weren't catchable. Pocket awareness was good.
shack009
AG
You can see why teams don't want to give up on guys like Lance or Fields. The way he escaped the pressure to create more time or to run... It makes you feel things. Then you see him throw it and you get queasy again.
gigem1223
Best thing about today, no injuries
DannyDuberstein
AG
Lance is very athletic with a strong arm, but when you boil down being a good QB in the NFL, it requires (1) accuracy and (2) being able to consistently make fast, successful reads. The issue is, as physically talented as he is, these two seem to be his biggest shortcomings.

This team is in a spot. Dak is a postseason choker, but without him, I think they are closer to the Giants than SF or Philly
BassCowboy33
gigem1223 said:

Best thing about today, no injuries

Didn't Edoga leave in a walking boot? Heard he got injured early in the game. Guyton had to play extra because of it.

Edit:
Infection_Ag11
AG
Everyone who wants to get rid of Dak Prescott needs to go back and watch that game five or six times and do some real sports soul searching.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BassCowboy33
Infection_Ag11 said:

Everyone who wants to get rid of Dak Prescott needs to go back and watch that game five or six times and do some real sports soul searching.
32 quarterbacks start in the NFL. Maybe 20 of them are "starter" material, which I'd define as a guy who can go out and win you a game on a weekly basis, as opposed to managing a game. In 2023, Dak Prescott's NFL ranks amongst QBs:

QBR - 2nd
RTG - 2nd
Yds: 3rd
TDs: 1st
CMP%: 3rd

For Cowboys fans to want to dump that and take their chances with....?, makes zero sense.

If he hits the free-agent market, he'll get an absolutely monstrous paycheck, and Dallas will be forced to start over at the QB position.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Assuming they sign him, what do they have available cap wise to build around him in the future? He isn't putting the team in his back and carrying them to a SB. How much of their cap would be tied to him and Lamb if they both get deals?
gigem1223
I'd guess around 1/3 of the cap but hard to really know without knowing structure details. How many QBs in the NFL can put a team on their back and carry them to a SB? I can only think of 1.
Infection_Ag11
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Assuming they sign him, what do they have available cap wise to build around him in the future? He isn't putting the team in his back and carrying them to a SB. How much of their cap would be tied to him and Lamb if they both get deals?

The cap will be around $265 million next year. If Dak and Ceedee sign the deals they are expected to get their first year cap hits combined will account for around 28-30% of the cap.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Goldie Wilson
I think the frustration is more that he's had like 1 or maybe 2 good playoff games in 8 years? At this point he probably just is what he is. Yes moving on from him likely results in a downgrade in the near term, but if he can't get it done in the playoffs (and you don't think he's going to just find that at 31 yo), then why keep him around

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.