******* Cowboys Official Season Thread 2024 *******

41,763 Views | 799 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by double aught
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those of yall who live in dfw, I think Jerry must be putting something in the water. Not drinking the dak camp koolaid this time around. The cool era of self mutilation and emo wore off like 15-20 yrs ago. Yall do yall though
PatAg
AG
So you wont be watching the games the next 3-4 years?
zgolfz85
AG
PatAg said:

So you wont be watching the games the next 3-4 years?

I wish I had that kind of resolve. Of course I'll be watching. That's what we sports addicted non beta males have to do. Hell, if not for a family illness, I was going to be in Cleveland today for the game. I hope I'm proven wrong about Dak, obviously. That GB game just ruined the guy for me.
FireAg
AG
Zeke looks like he lost some weight…
Goldie Wilson
Infection_Ag11 said:

zgolfz85 said:

Is there anyone here that thinks dak will get us a ring? I think you'd be nuts to suggest as much. Were we mostly trapped by delaying his extension so long? Yes. Will we win a ship while he's here. No. I hate to be gloomy Gus, but today was a culmination of Jerry being Jerry and once again not extending when it would've been a lot cheaper. Now we're in cap hell and will be largely reliant upon continually mastering the draft.

Again, your argument is Dak can't do what Stafford, Flacco, Kaepernick, Newton, Foles, Purdy, Garappolo, Ryan, Wilson, Eli Manning x2 and Peyton Manning with a nonfunctional throwing shoulder have done just in the last 17 years alone. That is an indefensible, completely insane position to hold.
Well a lot of those guys don't have rings. I certainly think Dak can get that done.
Chipotlemonger
AG
FireAg said:

Zeke looks like he lost some weight…
I agree with this. Thought he looked different.

Love the play design that had him moving pre-snap out on the flat. Was able to catch the ball and get going quickly downhill. May not have the same acceleration as he did 7 years ago, but with some steam he's good for some yards.
PatAg
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

I'm expecting an utterly ugly affair in Cleveland against league's stingiest D. The Cowboys actively got worse on offense this summer, so I see no way they repeat as the league's #1 scoring offense this year.

I'll go Browns 16-7.

Great prediction
PatAg
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

Enviroag02 said:

Is CeeDee 100% good to go no limitations?
There will be several key hiccups when he and Dak are not on the same page. I think this offense is going to look rough in week 1 which in reality is not a big deal. The Patriots used to treat the first 4 weeks of the regular season as an extension of the preseason, using it to iron out kinks and better adjust to personnel.

23-13 Browns.

Great prediction
PatAg
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Dude better ****ing play like it. Cant believe Dak Prescott is the record holder for pay.

Just wait a season and he won't be
Kashchei
AG
Diggs doing Diggs things
BassCowboy33
PatAg said:

BassCowboy33 said:

I'm expecting an utterly ugly affair in Cleveland against league's stingiest D. The Cowboys actively got worse on offense this summer, so I see no way they repeat as the league's #1 scoring offense this year.

I'll go Browns 16-7.

Great prediction

Missed it by thaaaaaat much.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Great win

Hopefully Ferg won't be out too long
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Macarthur
BassCowboy33
If they can somehow be 3-1 heading to Pittsburgh, that would huge.
TyHolden
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

If they can somehow be 3-1 heading to Pittsburgh, that would huge.
probably favored in every game....including baltimore
BassCowboy33
Definitely the most impressed I've been on an opening day in years, at least since the TB loss. Won all facets against what should be a pretty darn good Cleveland team.
jr15aggie
AG
We made the Cleveland Browns turn back into the Cleveland Browns.
gigem1223
Can't wait to watch all the analysts crawfish on their Cowboys predictions tomorrow
double aught
AG
Macarthur said:

That guy has a weird idea of what common sense is. Knowledge of NFL salary cap intricacies ain't it.
jr15aggie
AG
Gonna need all the Twitter/X people to hurry up and give us a Fergy update. Also gonna need you guys to post that because I'm old and don't have an account.
wspagg
AG
jr15aggie said:

The Cowboys have:

1. Franchise / top 10 QB.
2. Top 5 WR
3. Top 3 pass rusher
3. All Pro CBs
5. Rookie LT with franchise LT potential.

Combine this with the fact that they typically draft well, we have all the main ingredients to be a strong team for the next few years.

Looks like they might a stud linebacker too.
All I do is Nguyen
Overshwon looked really really good tonight
fretyuioz
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Gonna need all the Twitter/X people to hurry up and give us a Fergy update. Also gonna need you guys to post that because I'm old and don't have an account.

jr15aggie
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Overshwon looked really really good tonight

Overshown has looked good every time we've seen him. Really excited for this kid.

I'm starting to think that the Kendricks signing might be huge. Not only is he a good player, but his role allows Overshown and Clark to just chase the ball.

Overshown was shot out of a gosh darn cannon a few times today.
Macarthur
Yes, and I think he's going to be invaluable against Hurts and Daniels.
concac
AG
fretyuioz said:

I'll wait until the MRI. X-ray ain't going to show whether you have ligament damage or not.
Infection_Ag11
AG
concac said:

fretyuioz said:

I'll wait until the MRI. X-ray ain't going to show whether you have ligament damage or not.

The fact that all the physical exam maneuvers to assess for ligament damage were negative is significant though. In 95% of severe knee injury cases, the MRI is just confirming a strong suspicion raised by the orthopedic exam.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Macarthur said:

Yes, and I think he's going to be invaluable against Hurts and Daniels.

Not sure it matters much with respect to Daniels. Washington looks awful.
Macarthur
Yeah, I was just thinking he will be a real plus against mobile QBs.
Infection_Ag11
AG
A relevant point as we move forward, but Dallas plays an unusually stout schedule with respect to opposing defenses early. We could face as many as SEVEN top 10 defenses over the first 10 games. The good news is we have 6 games against likely awful defenses in the division, and we also play Carolina, Atlanta, Cincy and TB all of whom are expected to be bottom 10 defenses.

So we may be playing in some real knife fights and have relatively depressed offensive numbers over the first half of the season, but it should even out. Wouldn't surprise me if Dak surpasses his passing TD total in the first 10 games over the final 7.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
PatAg said:

VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

Enviroag02 said:

Is CeeDee 100% good to go no limitations?
There will be several key hiccups when he and Dak are not on the same page. I think this offense is going to look rough in week 1 which in reality is not a big deal. The Patriots used to treat the first 4 weeks of the regular season as an extension of the preseason, using it to iron out kinks and better adjust to personnel.

23-13 Browns.

Great prediction

Man I was way off, I'm glad to be wrong too!! Total team win today! Glad Dak got signed, he has what it takes to win.
BassCowboy33
Infection_Ag11 said:

A relevant point as we move forward, but Dallas plays an unusually stout schedule with respect to opposing defenses early. We could face as many as SEVEN top 10 defenses over the first 10 games. The good news is we have 6 games against likely awful defenses in the division, and we also play Carolina, Atlanta, Cincy and TB all of whom are expected to be bottom 10 defenses.

So we may be playing in some real knife fights and have relatively depressed offensive numbers over the first half of the season, but it should even out. Wouldn't surprise me if Dak surpasses his passing TD total in the first 10 games over the final 7.

NFL quarterbacking is a weird gig. There will be days where all you need is 150 and a TD, and days where you need to sling for 400 and 4 TDs. Take what you're given.
Macarthur
Poot
Infection_Ag11 said:

jr15aggie said:

They can... but we are going to start losing players like Tank and Zack Martin.

I think we see Micah and Tyler Smith get the next big deals. I don't think we will be able to afford Bland.

Martin is likely retiring after this season, and Lawrence has only 1-2 good years left in him. Hes largely a run setting end at this point, and a good one to be sure, but his value as a pass rusher is less and less every year.

Bland won't be signed to a huge deal here because the dirty little secret is he's actually a very average cover corner. He has great ball skills and instincts but he is not particularly sticky in coverage.

The modern day Larry Brown.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.