******* Cowboys Official Season Thread 2024 *******

41,765 Views | 799 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by double aught
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, the first offer was $33 a year, right? I'm sure Jerry said okay.
Macarthur
Let's get Dak done and get this over.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Anytime you sign a player to their first big contract immediately after they were first team all pro and they ARENT the highest paid player ever at their position it's a win. This idea that he bent the Cowboys over is silly. Hes making less guaranteed money and a lower annual salary than Jefferson. Only the signing bonus was a record.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Infection_Ag11
AG
shack009 said:

That's the number we all figured it would be. Just behind Jefferson. I'm sure we'll never know, but would love to know which side blinked.

I mean, it's obviously Lamb. He wanted to be the highest paid receiver ever and said as much. Also he was set to lose out on $1 million a week starting in two weeks. That sobers guys up really quick.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigem1223
Cuts so far:

RB - Nathaniel Peat
WR - David Durden
WR - Cam Johnson
WR- Tyron Johnson
WR - Deontay Burnett
TE - Alex Holler
OL- Cohl Cabral
DL - Viliami Fehoko
DL- Durrell Johnson
LB - Willie Harvey
LB - Damien Wilson
CB - Josh DeBerry
DB - Eric Scott
DB - Sheldrick Redwine
TexAgs23
I hate giving out that much guaranteed money. Usually see a softer player after they know they're getting paid regardless of what they do on the field.
DannyDuberstein
AG
At 25 years old and a 4 year deal, I'm good with it. He's going to want to get paid again.
gigem1223
For example?
shack009
AG
Fehoko and Scott… that 2023 draft class keeps taking hits.
Macarthur
gigem1223 said:

Cuts so far:

RB - Nathaniel Peat
WR - David Durden
WR - Cam Johnson
WR- Tyron Johnson
WR - Deontay Burnett
TE - Alex Holler
OL- Cohl Cabral
DL - Viliami Fehoko
DL- Durrell Johnson
LB - Willie Harvey
LB - Damien Wilson
CB - Josh DeBerry
DB - Eric Scott
DB - Sheldrick Redwine
Surprised about Scott.
gigem1223
shack009 said:

Overshown looks like a steal when healthy, Richards looks to be a solid depth pick and Brooks looks to be a great pick. Jury is still out on Smith and Schoony. Those 2 really need to put up this year or it's a bust draft.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
CeeDee and Cowboys agree to terms
jr15aggie
AG
shack009 said:

I'm sure we'll never know, but would love to know which side blinked.

Shoot... I still remember when CD very calmly recovered his phone from that pretty little thing during the draft. There's no blink in that man!
jr15aggie
AG
shack009 said:

Scott was a 6th round pick so I don't have anything to say either way about him. But Fehoko was a 4th rounder. Of all the head scratcher picks we've made in recent years, most of them have one thing in common... they were Dan Quinn guys. Fehoko, Mazi, Nashon Wright, Bossman... all were questionable at the time and 3 of the 4 have already been huge busts and Mazi looks to be right behind them.

No denying Quinn is good... our defense immediately improved when he took over. But there are obvious holes in that guys game and talent evaluation is one of them.
Panama Red
AG
shack009 said:

That's the number we all figured it would be. Just behind Jefferson. I'm sure we'll never know, but would love to know which side blinked.

Probably neither side. He wanted to skip training camp. Not the first, won't be the last
jr15aggie
AG
Yep!

CD wasn't about to report to camp and get hurt during a contract year (this is EXACTLY what would have happened to Diggs if he hadn't gotten his extension before camp last year).

But CD was also not about to start missing Million Dollar game checks either!
BassCowboy33
shack009
AG
Solid 11th year RB propaganda
jr15aggie
AG
Zeke was in phenomenal shape 3 years ago... he was still a shell of his former self.

When a RBs legs go, they are gone and they don't come back.
Macarthur
Good move. He's prob got another decent year in him.
Zachary Klement
AG
He's so washed it isn't even funny.

214 yards last year on 3.2 YPC.
Macarthur
I don't think he was healthy. He was pretty decent in 22.
Peter Klaven
AG
Not many 29 year old running backs replicate their 27 year old season
Macarthur
Yeah, he's def not what he was but I think him, as a part of the RB room, would be decent. He's better than Malik Davis.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He looked washed as a mofo last year. I think he came in out of shape (late) and just never got it together. I don't think it was injuries. Lots of miles on that odometer. If he's in shape, maybe take a look. But veteran minimum + incentives is about all he'd be worth IMO
Southlake
Dalvin Cooked looked awful last year. Go get Boston Scott.
Peter Klaven
AG
Yeah I don't think he is and frankly if I'm giving either a roster spot I'd rather give it to the $500k younger guy. But I think this is a moot point.
Ag Natural
AG
We will not see Nick Chubb in week one.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Ag Natural said:

We will not see Nick Chubb in week one.

That was never even a remote possibility. His best case scenario was always going to be week 4-6. He could easily miss half the season.
jr15aggie
AG
Doubt he'll even be the same guy after that injury, at least not this year.
Zachary Klement
AG
Macarthur said:

I do not think he will be healthy again. His knees are shot.
Zachary Klement
AG
Texans just released Noah Brown. Definitely a Cowboy.
Macarthur
Zachary Klement said:

Macarthur said:

I do not think he will be healthy again. His knees are shot.

Yeah, I don't know much about his injury history beyond the shoulder last year.

I'm just coming at it from a him or "fill in the blank". I think he's better than Malik Davis. If there's someone else out there with the cuts, maybe there's a better, younger option, which is great.
EastSideAg2002
Quote:

"I've done it all," Jones told Clarence E. Hill, Jr. of the new AllDLLS.com. "So I have an ordinate amount of confidence that ****, if anybody can figure out how to get this **** done, I can figure out how to get it done. I've been there every which way from Sunday, and have I busted my ass a bunch, a bunch. And there's nobody living that's out cutting and shooting that can't give you a bunch of times they busted their ass. So hell no, there's nobody that could ****ing come in here and do all the contracts . . . and be a G.M. any better than I can.

"Plus, I'm where the buck stops. When it ****s up, I got to cover it. And so there you can't give anybody enough. Can't give. There's nobody can do it."

"I ****ing have had hundreds of [bad days]," Jones said. "I'm emotional about it sometimes. Well, running this thing, that's who I want to make the last call. Now, when I can't ****ing think, when I'm old and I can't even do it . . . but I'm a long way from not being able to do it too."

"The reason I don't let somebody else be the G.M. is because I don't have anybody that I will let do it to actually do it right," Jones said. "And they're gonna have to come to me and because I know where it is that you're going to pay for it."

"If I didn't give a ****, if this wasn't fun for me to do, or interesting for me to do, whatever you want to call . . . the facts are, I really would rather be ****ing around like this," Jones said. "The point is I love this. And you know I do."

This guy
Macarthur

Interesting. Someone will def pick this guy up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.