******* Cowboys Official Season Thread 2024 *******

41,780 Views | 799 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by double aught
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mazi Smith didn't travel with the team to Vegas. Apparently suffered some kind of allergic reaction but has since been treated and will be reevaluated for his status tonight.
shack009
AG
During pre season is not the time to try the adventurous sushi roll for the first time…
BassCowboy33
shack009 said:

During pre season is not the time to try the adventurous sushi roll for the first time…

Oysters are natures version of Russian roulette.
shack009
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

shack009 said:

He must do better with the East coast oysters.
Infection_Ag11
AG
It's wild to me that people can watch Daniel Jones, realize that he's an average NFL QB (not even in the bottom 10 starters in the league) and still want to get rid of Dak Prescott. Giants fans would crawl over a hundred yards of broken glass and AIDS needles to have Dak Prescott.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Infection_Ag11
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

shack009 said:

The risk of eating oysters is vastly overblown.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BassCowboy33
Infection_Ag11 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

shack009 said:

https://www.foxweather.com/lifestyle/man-dies-eating-raw-oysters-hot-summer.amp
Infection_Ag11
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

shack009 said:

Why do you think this story refutes my post?
BassCowboy33
Infection_Ag11 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

shack009 said:

Why do you think this story refutes my post?

I don't. I'm being goofy, just like post about oysters.
Goldie Wilson
Infection_Ag11 said:

It's wild to me that people can watch Daniel Jones, realize that he's an average NFL QB (not even in the bottom 10 starters in the league) and still want to get rid of Dak Prescott. Giants fans would crawl over a hundred yards of broken glass and AIDS needles to have Dak Prescott.
I think it's subjective as a fan what are you satisfied with, and what do think Dak's ceiling is? For me, I would like the Cowboys to advance past the second round, and I don't think Dak is the QB to do that. Yes I acknowledge that that potentially or likely means some years of QB purgatory, but (in my opinion) Dak isn't the QB that's going to lead this team past the second round, so I think it's time to move on. If you're happy with getting to the divisional round every so often, or think Dak has more upside than what he's shown his first 8 years in the league, then I could understand how you would want to keep him.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

I think it's subjective as a fan what are you satisfied with, and what do think Dak's ceiling is? For me, I would like the Cowboys to advance past the second round, and I don't think Dak is the QB to do that. Yes I acknowledge that that potentially or likely means some years of QB purgatory, but (in my opinion) Dak isn't the QB that's going to lead this team past the second round, so I think it's time to move on. If you're happy with getting to the divisional round every so often, or think Dak has more upside than what he's shown his first 8 years in the league, then I could understand how you would want to keep him.

See, this is why it's so difficult to have rational debates surrounding athlete narratives. Some people are so entrenched in their position that they ACTUALLY BELIEVE a given player, by their very nature, is intrinsically incapable of being on a team that achieves a given level of success. Like there is no conceivable scenario where an MVP caliber QB could ever advance past the second round because of the name on his jersey. Jimmy Garappolo and Nick Foles can be the starters on Super Bowl teams but Dak Prescott cannot because fate has deemed it so.

People with college degrees ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS. It's so wild. And it's a level of superstitious nonsense impervious to logic and reason.
PatAg
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Goldie Wilson said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

See, this is why it's so difficult to have rational debates surrounding athlete narratives. Some people are so entrenched in their position that they ACTUALLY BELIEVE a given player, by their very nature, is intrinsically incapable of being on a team that achieves a given level of success. Like there is no conceivable scenario where an MVP caliber QB could ever advance past the second round because of the name on his jersey. Jimmy Garappolo and Nick Foles can be the starters on Super Bowl teams but Dak Prescott cannot because fate has deemed it so.

People with college degrees ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS. It's so wild. And it's a level of superstitious nonsense impervious to logic and reason.
If by some years in purgatory you might mean 5-10 years, all for no gauruntee you actually ever GET this transcendant QB you think is just laying around to grab.
People need to live in reality. Any starting QB with a pulse is going to get paid a lot of money, you just have to deal with that. If you don't have one of the 2-3 QBs that can with just about any roster, then you need to build your team with that in mind.
Dak is good enough to win a SuperBowl with, but I dont think he will WIN the games to get you there either.
Hes definitely better than most of the QBs in the NFL.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Yep

Every fan wants Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes, but the reality most SB QBs are closer to Dak than those guys. Unless you have generational fortune, Dak and QBs of his caliber are who you will be trying to win super bowls with. And to give that up for the minuscule chance of landing a better QB in the near future is madness.
Danny Vermin
Aubrey is so money.
gigem1223
Unreal find by this front office. Next great kicker in the nfl.
gigem1223
2nd team defense looks great
Infection_Ag11
AG
Liufau looks like a player
Macarthur
We actually have a big DT
Infection_Ag11
AG
Challenges should be banned in the preseason

Nobody give a ***** It doesn't matter. Let's speed this up.
PatAg
AG
People that pay to watch a preseason game need to be on a list
Infection_Ag11
AG
Lots of coaches have stated that preseason games only usually impact 3-5 roster spots. The vast majority of the spots are determined by contract status and training camp.

To be honest these games really only serve as a reminder of how grateful we should be for the few starting caliber QBs out there. The caliber of defenders at this level, even among the backups, make games between backup/camp fodder QBs unwatchable.
gigem1223
Been impressed with Booth
jr15aggie
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Yep. LB has been a surprising bright spot this preseason. Zimmer has these guys playing great. I'm excited to see what he does with Parsons.

And as far as RB is concerned, I'm pissed if Deuce isn't on this team. Him and Rico are the only backs on the roster than can get us extra yards with their talent. Every other RB is simply a punching bag.
Infection_Ag11
AG
jr15aggie said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Yep. LB has been a surprising bright spot this preseason. Zimmer has these guys playing great. I'm excited to see what he does with Parsons.

And as far as RB is concerned, I'm pissed if Deuce isn't on this team. Him and Rico are the only backs on the roster than can get us extra yards with their talent. Every other RB is simply a punching bag.

I'd keep 4 (Dowdle, Zeke, Vaughn and Davis) until you see how Dowdle does with 10+ carries per game. Once it's clear he can handle it and Zeke still has the ability to bash into linemen for 3-5 yards when needed, you can cut Davis to make room for someone else later in the year.

Vaughn with good run blocking is probably the most explosive back we have. He just has to have room to start without being touched because he'll go down immediately.
Infection_Ag11
AG
For all the talk of Guyton being raw and too weak to run block in the NFL, I'm not really seeing it. He looks pretty polished to me.
jr15aggie
AG
You can't forget about Luepke. If we keep 4 RBs, right now he's on the team along with Rico and Zeke. Deuce is not only competing against guys like Davis... he's gotta convince Dallas that they need go keep 4 RBs.

I still say they are nuts if they let him go.
Macarthur
Huge fan of Luepke. Such a versatile guy.
gigem1223
I wouldn't waste a spot on Davis. If I had to bet it's Zeke, Dowdle, Luepke, and Vaughn for the RB depth chart.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Luepke is the fullback/H-back at this point, he's on the roster and they aren't regarding him as one of the running backs in terms of numbers.

Pretty much all the people around the franchise who report on them think they're keeping 4 + Luepke to start the year. And Freeman is very unlikely to make the roster.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Meanwhile Lance is gonna do just enough to trick the front office into keeping 3 QBs and believing they have leverage on Dak.
Danny Vermin
66 yard field goal.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Aubrey is a maniac
PatAg
AG
Crushed that kick
gigem1223
Aubrey is amazing
gigem1223
Infection_Ag11 said:

Meanwhile Lance is gonna do just enough to trick the front office into keeping 3 QBs and believing they have leverage on Dak.

Lance brings more to the game than Rush. I like Rush as a dependable back up but Lance still a bit raw but the upside is there and he's had a pretty good game thus far.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.