******* Cowboys Official Season Thread 2024 *******

41,781 Views | 799 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by double aught
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Infection_Ag11 said:

Shows just how fundamentally irrational this fanbase is

Also, so much for the Eagles revamped secondary. WOOF.

Can't see the game, because it's on Peacock, but the boxscore makes it seem like Love is having a tough time. 10-23 at the time if this writing.
gigem1223
Both QBs have been cheeks. Love missing often and Hurts is still vastly overrated.
Infection_Ag11
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Can't see the game, because it's on Peacock, but the boxscore makes it seem like Love is having a tough time. 10-23 at the time if this writing.

He's played awful, thrown three balls at the feet of wide open receivers 10+ yards downfield, missed a wide open TD, and just missed a bunch of throws in general. But every time a ball gets into the secondary there's a GB receiver wide open. Eagles have blown a couple coverages leading to TDs.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
shack009
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Love has thrown some balls 5 yards short of wide open crossers 15-20 yards down field. Also made a couple bad throws near the goal line that led to having to settle for a FG. Guys on GB running wide open all day.
shack009
AG
Welp, there goes Love…
Infection_Ag11
AG
Looks like a high ankle
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
shack009
AG
If he's lucky. When he was being helped off, one of his legs did not look like it was bent the normal way.
BassCowboy33
Maybe its just me, but I feel like I can see that knee recoil on the hit, as if something inside gave out.
PatAg
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Maybe its just me, but I feel like I can see that knee recoil on the hit, as if something inside gave out.
Yea you see something bulge in his knee weirdly
TyHolden
AG
This is probably the least amount of enthusiasm I've felt for the Cowboys since I was born. They'll probably win the Super Bowl....
BMX Bandit
4 years $240mm for Dak

Infection_Ag11
AG
Jerry wised up
BassCowboy33
YAAAAAAAS!! LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!!
zgolfz85
AG
Gross
TyHolden
AG
Dak gets paid. No idea how I feel about this. I'll tell you after the season.
FireAg
AG
He needs to bring a title…
zgolfz85
AG
Dude better ****ing play like it. Cant believe Dak Prescott is the record holder for pay.
Macarthur
Happy for Dak.
BassCowboy33
zgolfz85 said:

Dude better ****ing play like it. Cant believe Dak Prescott is the record holder for pay.

It'll last for, like, ten minutes until the next QB contract is announced. By the time the deal is up, he wont be Top 10. Just the way the market goes
All I do is Nguyen
Welp we are officially the most ******ed nfl franchise. The cowboys are about to have 70% of their cap tied up in three players
Tksymm7
AG
I'm glad it's only a four year deal
TyHolden
AG
FireAg said:

He needs to bring a title…
actually, he really doesn't need to do anything now.
BassCowboy33
Tksymm7 said:

Apparently, that was the sticking point. Prescott wanted less time, and Dallas wanted more. The sooner he hits the market, the sooner he'll get an even bigger deal next time around.
Vince Blake
Good for Dak…but Christ we need a real GM.
jr15aggie
AG
All I know is, NFL football sucks donkey balls when you don't have a good QB.

I honestly wasn't ready to go back to QB hell.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, let's a franchise QB walk away in their prime.
gigem1223
All I do is Nguyen said:

Welp we are officially the most ******ed nfl franchise. The cowboys are about to have 70% of their cap tied up in three players

What makes them ******ed? While it may be true today, the salary cap is projected to go up by at least 30% by year 2026. As usual, when it comes to large contracts they typically look a lot better in a year or two (barring the player doesn't flop or get hurt).

Micah up next.
jr15aggie
AG
The Cowboys have:

1. Franchise / top 10 QB.
2. Top 5 WR
3. Top 3 pass rusher
3. All Pro CBs
5. Rookie LT with franchise LT potential.

Combine this with the fact that they typically draft well, we have all the main ingredients to be a strong team for the next few years.
aggiebird02
I'm excited for the Dallas Cowboys football season to start in a few hours…
TyHolden
AG
jr15aggie said:

The Cowboys have:

2. Top 5 WR
3. Top 3 pass rusher
3. All Pro CBs

Combine this with the fact that they typically draft well, we have all the main ingredients to be a strong team for the next few years.
Can we afford Micah now?
jr15aggie
AG
They can... but we are going to start losing players like Tank and Zack Martin.

I think we see Micah and Tyler Smith get the next big deals. I don't think we will be able to afford Bland.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Don't see how but I also know nothing of the cap situation. I still say trade him fir some picks and load up on young guys on rookie deals. Seems to be the blueprint.
TyHolden
AG
jr15aggie said:

They can... but we are going to start losing players like Tank and Zack Martin.

I think we see Micah and Tyler Smith get the next big deals. I don't think we will be able to afford Bland.
2-3 years of hope and then start over like the Texans did. Jerrah will probably be dead by then.....been saying this for 10 years. He's a tough old buzzard.
Infection_Ag11
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

The projected cap for 2026 is $330 million. By then Parsons will be on his new deal, and Dallas will have three players accounting for 32-35% of their cap depending on the specific structure of Dak and Parsons' deals. For reference, this year 12 teams have that much or more tied up in either three players, or two players plus dead money, and half of them are contenders.

So yeah, you're way off
Infection_Ag11
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Tksymm7 said:

Apparently, that was the sticking point. Prescott wanted less time, and Dallas wanted more. The sooner he hits the market, the sooner he'll get an even bigger deal next time around.

This is his last huge guaranteed contract. He'll turn 35 the offseason after this deal is up, and nobody is giving him more than two years of guaranteed money at a time at that point.
Infection_Ag11
AG
TyHolden said:

jr15aggie said:

The Cowboys have:

2. Top 5 WR
3. Top 3 pass rusher
3. All Pro CBs

Can we afford Micah now?

Easily

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.