******* Cowboys Official Season Thread 2024 *******

41,779 Views | 799 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by double aught
concac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41193560/sources-cowboys-jake-ferguson-mcl-sprain-week-week

Bone bruise and MCL sprain for Ferguson.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

I agree, I typically don't hold onto to college grudges for NFL players... but there haven't been many TU players that have been worth rooting for in a Dallas uniform.

Roy Williams was a desperate Jerry overpay and he never got close to living up to the expectations. Connor Williams was very mid and very often frustrating to watch.

Unless I'm forgetting somebody, the only TU guy I can remember in this century helping the Cowboys was Leonard Davis.
Roy Williams was what most sips are. All sizzle and no steak. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but his impact on the team was annoying.

What was the cost again 2 first rounders? And he was known for that stupid first down signal after each first down. To make matters worse, all of the receivers we already had on the roster copied it and I don't recall any cowboys team with Roy Williams on it going very far.

All sizzle no steak sip.
FireAg
AG
Drafting has improved overall with Stephen quietly being in charge of it…
DannyDuberstein
AG
More like Will McClay
Goldie Wilson
Roy was only a 1st, 3rd, and 6th. Galloway was two 1sts.
Vince Blake
I could be wrong, but I feel like WR Roy Williams was the last of the chasing of big name flashy players and shifting to their current philosophy of homegrown players through the draft and low risk free agent signings.
jr15aggie
AG
I think he was the last of the flashy names. Brandon Carr was the last big $ we spent on a free agent I think.

And in fairness to Carr, he was a good player... but like most free agents, just wasn't worth what we paid for. We did the reverse thing with guys like Byron Jones and Schultz... let somebody else overpay them.
shack009
AG
Vince Blake said:

I could be wrong, but I feel like WR Roy Williams was the last of the chasing of big name flashy players and shifting to their current philosophy of homegrown players through the draft and low risk free agent signings.
Amari Cooper
shack009
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

I agree, I typically don't hold onto to college grudges for NFL players... but there haven't been many TU players that have been worth rooting for in a Dallas uniform.

Roy Williams was a desperate Jerry overpay and he never got close to living up to the expectations. Connor Williams was very mid and very often frustrating to watch.

Unless I'm forgetting somebody, the only TU guy I can remember in this century helping the Cowboys was Leonard Davis.
And he was known for that stupid first down signal after each first down.
He was just a man ahead of his time.
Danny Vermin
jr15aggie said:

Wane Mcgarity was pretty good.
98Ag99Grad
AG
shack009 said:

Vince Blake said:

Amari Cooper
But that was a good move. They made the playoffs and you could argue he should still be here.
FightinFarrier18
AG
Macarthur
Watching some clips of Guyton and thought he was pretty impressive against Garrett for his first game. Garrett got the better of him a time or two but he certainly didn't look overwhelmed.
98Ag99Grad
AG
agree. whoever they use to evaluate o-line men needs to be kept under lock and key.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Dallas has been exceptional at OL and DB evals since McClay took over a decade ago.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
McClay has been excellent at drafting. Stephen has been excellent at never picking up the phone to call agents to negotiate extensions, except in a handful of cases where he did it with the wrong guys. Agents have to call him.
PatAg
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

They should have guys with straightjackets hiding behind the merch stand for whoever spends $125 on a Scott Stapp jersey. Maybe CPS too.

Huh
DannyDuberstein
AG
^
|
Proud owner of a #11 Scott Stapp jersey
jr15aggie
AG
McCaffrey is out tonight (calf). I know some people here are sensitive about rooting for injuries etc... but seriously... it's been stupid luck how the guy was constantly hurt at Carolina and magically healthy getting 25+ touches a game as soon as he went to SF.

Same goes for Saquon... NY and everybody else should be really frustrated if he's healthy and productive for Philly all year.
jr15aggie
AG
I had no idea Maliek Collins was a 49er now. Looks like the cap is catching up with them too and they are having to bargain shop for "solid" vets.

I also didn't know Rogers started getting arm Tats!

The things you learn watching football games.
Danny Vermin
They will really have to scramble next year as they will have pay Purdy. They have the most 20 million players in the league now.
jr15aggie
AG
I hope the Jets with a healthy Tyron Smith smoke the 49ers. The Jets are relying on multiple injury risk guys, but I'm more than happy for SF to play them at full strength.
zgolfz85
AG
Rodgers is so freaking good. Easy to root for them after the Boys this year
aggiebird02
zgolfz85 said:

I'm not so much rooting for him, more like curious as to how the Aaron Rodgers storyline develops…
Goldie Wilson
zgolfz85 said:

He's always come across as an insufferable ****** in my opinion. Very easy to root against him.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He's insufferable as hell, but F all the covid nazis. Won me over bucking against that nonsense
zgolfz85
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

He's insufferable as hell, but F all the covid nazis. Won me over bucking against that nonsense

This. If anyone hated him before, hard to hate him after. Dude was one of the very few with stardom that had the balls to speak up.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It probably would have helped if it was less of an ahole that bucked against it, but sometimes you gotta take what you can get.
Ag Natural
AG
This Niner game is reminding me of how weak we have been the last two seasons. I really hope all the new faces will change that. We need to be able go bully vs bully with San Fran, Philly and Detroit.
Macarthur
We did the right thing letting Tyron walk. He's so washed.

Guy was a warrior but he's so done.
jr15aggie
AG
The 49ers are using a "never heard of him" RB very effectively.

We could do the exact same thing with Rico and Deuce... unfortunately our team looks hellbent on giving Zeke a majority of the carries.

It's probably my only negative takeaway from week 1... and there is plenty of time to make a change... but we saw the same damn thing 2 years ago when we had peak Tony Pollard and yet we still fed Zeke.
Ag Natural
AG
jr15aggie said:

We could do the exact same thing with Rico and Deuce... unfortunately our team looks hellbent on giving Zeke a majority of the carries.

It's probably my only negative takeaway from week 1... and there is plenty of time to make a change... but we saw the same damn thing 2 years ago when we had peak Tony Pollard and yet we still fed Zeke.

Honestly my bigger issue with week one was we didn't hammer the rock more regardless of the RB. Up big we threw the ball way too much IMO. Not to mention we really need to embrace a defense and ball control mindset.
jr15aggie
AG
I agree with this... but I will also say Cleveland has a dang good defense and the few obvious 2nd half runs we threw at them they shut down.

But yeah, it would have been nice to just hammer them over and over again.
Ag Natural
AG
jr15aggie said:

I agree with this... but I will also say Cleveland has a dang good defense and the few obvious 2nd half runs we threw at them they shut down.

But yeah, it would have been nice to just hammer them over and over again.

I was happy to see how huge Linvale Joseph and Jordan Phillips are. Those guys plus Mazi at least gives us the bodies in the middle. The revamped LB crew looks very athletic as well. Not to mention Kneeland looks like a young Tank already.
shack009
AG
jr15aggie said:

I could rush for 100 yards on 28 carriers in Shanahan's scheme with that O Line.

I wasn't super locked in to the game, but every run I saw was blocked perfectly with giant holes and the line of scrimmage completely reset a few yards downfield. That yards before contact stat is probably nuts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.