*** THE LAST OF US *** (Non-Gamer Thread)

182,252 Views | 2419 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by jokershady
barbacoa taco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just finished this ep. Like others said, definitely not among the best of the series but damn the tension was off the charts. Every step they took in the mall I expected an infected to jump out and attack them. I was constantly bracing for a jump scare, especially after they revealed an infected being woken up.

But they let it simmer and then devastated us… again… I love this show but it's so heartbreaking
barbacoa taco
AG
Also, can someone explain the difference between a stalker and a runner? I must've missed that. Clickers are obvious.
MW03
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Also, can someone explain the difference between a stalker and a runner? I must've missed that. Clickers are obvious.

Seems like a gamer question. I don't recall it being explained in the show. Context clues suggest one stalks while the other runs though. HTH.
DallasTeleAg
I'm fairly certain the standard infected is considered a Runner.
aTmAg
AG
Tobias Funke said:

I am absolutely bewildered by the fact that there is a crossover in the Venn Diagram of people who:

-fast forward through much of an episode of an hour long TV show

-care enough about the show to post their opinion of it on a message board

This was my least favorite episode of the series but it was still entertaining and interesting
So people who have been watching the entire series but thought this episode sucked are not allowed to post that opinion? Or even worse, they should no longer watch the show? Only positive posts allowed here?

By that argument, I should have stopped watching Breaking Bad and never opine again after The Fly episode.
aTmAg
AG
MW03 said:

barbacoa taco said:

Seems like a gamer question. I don't recall it being explained in the show. Context clues suggest one stalks while the other runs though. HTH.
When you can't see, you don't run. And it's hard to hear clicks when all you hear are footsteps and wind while running.

The show seems to imply that clickers and bloaters are higher up the danger pyramid. But I think runners would easily be the most dangerous. You can just run away from the other two.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
aTmAg said:

Tobias Funke said:

I am absolutely bewildered by the fact that there is a crossover in the Venn Diagram of people who:

This was my least favorite episode of the series but it was still entertaining and interesting
So people who have been watching the entire series but thought this episode sucked are not allowed to post that opinion? Or even worse, they should no longer watch the show? Only positive posts allowed here?

By that argument, I should have stopped watching Breaking Bad and never opine again after The Fly episode.

Holy crap. I'm watching BB for the first time and it's fantastic but I just got to the fly. What a waste of time.
aTmAg
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

aTmAg said:

Tobias Funke said:

Holy crap. I'm watching BB for the first time and it's fantastic but I just got to the fly. What a waste of time.
Stick to it. They needed to save budget for an episode. Still the best series ever.
barbacoa taco
AG
yeah, filler episodes are definitely a thing, even in high quality shows. just a bummer how so much of this episode was filler when there are only 9 this season.

even if half of the episode was the flashback with Riley and the other half progressed the main story, that would've been a lot better.

but, I still liked it. that's how good this show is.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Watched the episode last night and it was what I expected. A filler episode. But it does follow the game sequence from what I remember.

I did think the abandoned mall setting was pretty cool. Good setting to see in a zombie apocalypse. Although a little difficult to believe that they would only encounter 1 infected.

Looking forward to next week!
Nagler
AG
Quote:

I did think the abandoned mall setting was pretty cool. Good setting to see in a zombie apocalypse.

tomtomdrumdrum
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Agreed. I feel like if you find yourself fast forwarding through a show, you should just admit to yourself that you don't like it and spend your time doing or watching something else.
Saxsoon
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Neckbeards gotta ***** about something
Rudyjax
AG
That describes someone so well.
agracer
AG
Quad Dog said:

I liked it. Nothing was as tense as them dancing with masks on in a Halloween store. All I could watch was the background waiting to see an infected.

I wonder if this is how this series will be told throughout: a couple episodes in present for plot, then one separate episode in the past to explain character motivation and decision.

I thought for sure something was going to happen after the photo booth.
agracer
AG
beanbean said:

Ellie makes so much damn noise everywhere she goes. That's what annoys me about this show. You'd think you'd try to be as quiet as possible in this world.
. And the flashlights shining EVERYWHERE!!!
agracer
AG
beanbean said:

I still can't get past this......."Hey, didn't they drive all the clickers into the mall and lock it down." "Yeah well, I didn't see any in there." Proceeds to turn on all the lights, crank some tunes, dance on counter tops, play video games and be loud as fk. Clicker wakes up and attacks them. They deserved to get bit.

Counterpoint
AG
agracer said:

beanbean said:

You rang?
aTmAg
AG
The notion of "driving" rabid zombies anywhere makes no sense. That only works when the thing you are driving fears for their own safety. Unless you physically drag each and every one into a mall (and then why not just kill them?) there is no way to drive them there.
BowSowy
AG
aTmAg said:

The notion of "driving" rabid zombies anywhere makes no sense. That only works when the thing you are driving fears for their own safety. Unless you physically drag each and every one into a mall (and then why not just kill them?) there is no way to drive them there.
I took it to mean that they sent bitten but not-yet-turned people to the mall.
fav13andac1)c
AG
aTmAg said:

There is more than one way they could have done that. Two off the top of my head would be to use their aversion to light (which has already been demonstrated in the show), or to use live bait and over time lure them underground. Either way, doesn't matter.
aTmAg
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

aTmAg said:

There is more than one way they could have done that. Two off the top of my head would be to use their aversion to light (which has already been demonstrated in the show), or to use live bait and over time lure them underground. Either way, doesn't matter.
I don't remember anything about aversion to light. If you are talking about when they were in Boston looking down at that wad of effected, then I just took that as a reaction. Not aversion.
aTmAg
AG
BowSowy said:

aTmAg said:

Why would they do that? That could ONLY result in bad. Just kill them.
agracer
AG
aTmAg said:

BowSowy said:

aTmAg said:

In the first or second episode they tested that girl they brought in behind the Q-Zone in Boston and gave her a shot to put her to sleep and kill her. So we know they don't send the infected out to live/die on their own.
Rudyjax
AG
They also drove the infected under ground in KC.

aTmAg
AG
Chuck Cunningham said:

They also drove the infected under ground in KC.

Yeah, and I called BS on that too. It makes no sense.
BowSowy
AG
agracer said:

aTmAg said:

BowSowy said:

aTmAg said:

In the first or second episode they tested that girl they brought in behind the Q-Zone in Boston and gave her a shot to put her to sleep and kill her. So we know they don't send the infected out to live/die on their own.
They don't at that particular place. But as others pointed out, KC did drive the infected under ground.
aTmAg
AG
BowSowy said:

agracer said:

aTmAg said:

BowSowy said:

aTmAg said:

They don't at that particular place. But as others pointed out, KC did drive the infected under ground.
That was just so they could "explain" the reason a bunch of infected would conveniently swarm out of a hole in the ground just when the protagonists were about to be killed.
BowSowy
AG
aTmAg said:

BowSowy said:

agracer said:

aTmAg said:

BowSowy said:

aTmAg said:

That was just so they could "explain" the reason a bunch of infected would conveniently swarm out of a hole in the ground just when the protagonists were about to be killed.
You're back to complaining about contrivances in fiction, so this conversation is going to go nowhere.
aTmAg
AG
That's because you went back those KC episodes for "evidence" that driving hyper rabid and athletics zombies into a mall could ever be done.. The point is that both cases it makes no sense. At least in the mall case, it appeared that those rumors were untrue, as there weren't piles of infected everywhere.
dave94
AG
Nothing worse then seeing new posts on a thread only to find the same old equine bludgeoning.
Quinn
AG
I can't believe that I'm going to say this, but I agree with aTmAg. It doesn't make sense to say that they drove the mushroom zombies underground or to a mall or wherever. From what we've seen, the mushroom zombies do not stop unless they have bitten a human or are killed. It's not a huge deal, but it rings false to me based on what we've seen in the world of the show.
aTmAg
AG
[When you troll or derail on this board your bans will automatically be at least two weeks. -Staff]
Prosperdick
AG
Quinn said:

I can't believe that I'm going to say this, but I agree with aTmAg. It doesn't make sense to say that they drove the mushroom zombies underground or to a mall or wherever. From what we've seen, the mushroom zombies do not stop unless they have bitten a human or are killed. It's not a huge deal, but it rings false to me based on what we've seen in the world of the show.
I still want to know why bullets seem impervious to some of the mushroom zombies. I understand the clickers have developed a thick hard shell protecting their brain over the years but the non-clickers don't have that protection yet it seems like bullets don't do much or maybe they're all such bad shots they never get a head shot.

Of course why couldn't shots to their heart and other vital organs not work? Does the fungi take over every part of their anatomy and make it non-essential except for the brain? I don't know, just curious on the rules.
aTmAg
AG
Prosperdick said:

Quinn said:

I still want to know why bullets seem impervious to some of the mushroom zombies. I understand the clickers have developed a thick hard shell protecting their brain over the years but the non-clickers don't have that protection yet it seems like bullets don't do much or maybe they're all such bad shots they never get a head shot.

Of course why couldn't shots to their heart and other vital organs not work? Does the fungi take over every part of their anatomy and make it non-essential except for the brain? I don't know, just curious on the rules.
I agree that is a little iffy. A shot to the heart should be game over no matter how long ago they turned.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.