*** THE LAST OF US *** (Non-Gamer Thread)

182,218 Views | 2419 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by jokershady
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Madmarttigan said:

The ending almost felt like Pascal didn't know what the joke was going to be. It felt like a genuine that joke was so bad its great moment.

Or he's a good actor.
J. Walter Weatherman
Madmarttigan said:

The ending almost felt like Pascal didn't know what the joke was going to be. It felt like a genuine that joke was so bad its great moment.

It was especially hilarious after he (and others) giggled through the last SNL skit he was in on Saturday.

Ghost91
Amidst all the hullabaloo about the female casting, I'm surprised no one is talking about the kid. Is it just me, or does she have one of the most punchable faces EVER?

And she has such a ridiculous quick scathing snark. Pedro hasn't even finished a sentence before she's shooting back with some witty retort that a kid would never come up with. She's like the Beth Dutton of the zombie apocalypse.
gigemJTH12
AG
I dont think she's punchable at all, mostly because I never think of adolescent girls as punchable

Rudyjax
AG
Dude. Get a grip.
cbr
AG
Its almost as if hollywood intentionally forcing political bull**** into their content divides the audience….oh wait!
Goldie Wilson
Yeah, that's probably what the issue is
aTmAg
AG
It's not the people criticizing the show that is making the thread a trainwreck, it's that some people can't handle those criticisms that make it a trainwreck.

Believe it or not, not everybody agrees with everybody. The point of a discussion board is to that people can express their opinions.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Criticize politics/sexuality/whatever in the show. Get criticized personally for your critique. Rinse and repeat.
AgE2theBONE
AG
aTmAg said:

It's not the people criticizing the show that is making the thread a trainwreck, it's that some people can't handle those criticisms that make it a trainwreck.

It's both
fav13andac1)c
AG
It's pretty civil in the gamer thread, but y'all aren't allowed over there, so…because you had to start your OWN thread.
javajaws
AG
Finally got around to watching Ep3 and 4. Really liked both. Only part I cringed at was Bill getting into a shootout in the middle of the street. Pretty lazy of the show runners to do that. I know this isn't TWD but it wasn't in Bill's character to be that stupid.

Ep4 Karen character...it does seem as if they intentionally made it so that we didn't get the full picture of the situation and only gave us the "Karen" parts to hate on her a bit. I suspect they do a 360 or something in the next episode and everyone's take on her will change. Right now I'm enjoying hating on her (and not because she's a woman lol).

Worst part...was reading the last 800 posts on this thread. To those of you who think it's only ok to say positive things or who like to bash on other poster's thoughts/opinions: you'll are truly miserable people.
Kampfers
AG
lmao, of course people are entitled to their opinions.

That doesn't mean that their opinions are good, based in reality, or worthy of further discussion.

Kyrie Irving is of the opinion that the world is flat. Doesn't mean he's right, or that we should tolerate his bull**** if he started posting here for some reason.

Just because you can think whatever you want doesn't make you informed, intelligent, or correct.

And when you start spewing bull****, you shouldn't be surprised when someone calls you out on it.

Don't like it? Go back to your safe space

This thread is hilarious, I'm so thankful for TCTTS for starting this source of endless entertainment. From the gamer debates to the role of women in the apocalypse, this thread truly delivers.
gigemJTH12
AG
so is the ground caving inside that building a sign that the fungi is growing in there?
gigemJTH12
AG
also, when she shot that dude on top of him it seemed like she shot him directly from behind. That was a terrible decision considering where Pascal was. She needed to get an angle
DallasTeleAg
Lol...

You completely missed his point. The complaint from one side is that the thread sucks because of all the bickering. However, bickering requires two sides to respond in order to continue. If one side would just post and say, "I disagree with you" and left it at that, the bickering would not continue for multiple pages.

And then we get posts just to say how stupid the posters on this thread are for bickering, which in and of itself is only furthering the issue. Not really contributing anything to the conversation or thread, but just trolling and stirring the pot.

I don't think anyone critiquing the show has complained about the thread or the opinions of others. It is the people who respond to those critiques by making personal attacks, and then complaining that those posters are defending themselves and their opinions who are then saying this thread is the worst of all time.
Kampfers
AG
I thought you were ignoring me after your last safe-space debacle in the Rings of Power thread? Guess someone is just a glutton for punishment
AggieOO
You can just as easily say, "I disagree" and move on. But you'd rather continue to write lengthy responses of why everyone else should move on.
DallasTeleAg
AggieOO said:

You can just as easily say, "I disagree" and move on. But you'd rather continue to write lengthy responses of why everyone else should move on.
Oh... I don't care. I don't mind the discussion, at all. I'm not complaining about the thread.
M.C. Swag
AG
Kampfers said:

Kyrie Irving is of the opinion that the world is flat. Doesn't mean he's right, or that we should tolerate his bull**** if he started posting here for some reason.
Hey, i specifically come here to avoid my Mavs anxiety!
Prophet00
AG
The old adage, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" really does apply to several people on this thread.
Teddy Perkins
AG
jokershady
AG
Madmarttigan
AG
This thread -

"I'm going to post the most asinine/ridiculous opinion"

People lash against said opinion.

"Oh you can't handle different opinions, can't have logical discussions, or you are a part of Hollywood's agenda"
aTmAg
AG
Madmarttigan said:

This thread -

"I'm going to post the most asinine/ridiculous opinion"

People lash against said opinion.

"Oh you can't handle different opinions, can't have logical discussions, or you are a part of Hollywood's agenda"
Just because you don't like the opinion doesn't make it asinine/ridiculous.
Madmarttigan
AG
You live in an alternate reality on the politics board and have no baseline for what a ridiculous opinion actually is.
MaroonStain
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

so is the ground caving inside that building a sign that the fungi is growing in there?

It's got to be a big monster infected.
double aught
AG
The most frustrating part of the episode to me was how they lost their truck and supplies after a day or so. I get that it's probably a storytelling necessity, but damn.
DallasTeleAg
Madmarttigan said:

You live in an alternate reality on the politics board and have no baseline for what a ridiculous opinion actually is.
Or you live in an alternate reality in your own world with a different baseline of what a ridiculous opinion is.

But thinking that others have different opinions that could possibly have some validity obviously is not something you are capable of. They are just stupid and irrational.
javajaws
AG
TCTTS said:

BowSowy said:

Oh **** off and don't start this argument. After a week of having to see you boobs get triggered about a gay relationship, I doubt any of us want to see y'all get triggered about a woman in charge.

This x 1000.

At this rate, I'm about start a new, Non-Gamer, Non-Triggered thread.
^

You might as well start your snowflakes only trigger-free thread now. Next season will be like this thread x1000 and who knows what might happen in Ep.5 - maybe that stuff happening in the building is an underground zombie orgy and they are all down there making gender-fluid zombie fungus babies or something.
javajaws
AG
MaroonStain said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I like my idea better!

Seriously though I'm hoping they don't drop that plot line and cover it in Ep.5
gigemJTH12
AG
javajaws said:

MaroonStain said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I like my idea better!

Seriously though I'm hoping they don't drop that plot line and cover it in Ep.5
zero doubt thats going to be covered
aTmAg
AG
Madmarttigan said:

And you live on the bastion of "intellectualism" that is the entertainment board. Maybe someday if you read and learned enough, you could post on the politics board without embarrassing yourself.
M.C. Swag
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I think it's literally TCTTS waiting to respond
javajaws
AG
M.C. Swag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I think it's literally TCTTS waiting to respond
LMAO If he doesn't come back to this thread for that one, he ain't coming back!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.