*** THE LAST OF US *** (Non-Gamer Thread)

182,216 Views | 2419 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by jokershady
beagle2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The fungus had already taken hold of the town by the afternoon. Hence all the panic Joel's daughter witnessed while going to the watch shop. It's reasonable that from that point to later in the evening that thousands of people had reached the tipping point of their infection.
gigemJTH12
AG
TCTTS said:

It's nothing you did. It's just that the thread has been pretty contentious the past few days, as we've attempted to define what, exactly, is/isn't allowed here, spoiler-wise. So when you showed up all chipper, it was just kind of funny. Like someone excitedly showing up to a married couple's house, unaware that they just had a long, drawn out fight.

Happy to be the chipper, happy guy, in the midst of a 20 year apocalypse
gigemJTH12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Gigem now.

DallasTeleAg
Those were infected that had accumulated throughout the day. The image i posted was flagged, but it was the one from Boston that explained the time it took to turn based on where on your body you were bitten. Face/head/neck was 5-15 minutes, torso/arm/shoulder/hand was 2-8 hours, and leg/foot was 12-24 hours.

You are making a logical leap just assuming the infected you saw in that scene had immediately turned.
Kampfers
AG
beagle2009 said:

The fungus had already taken hold of the town by the afternoon. Hence all the panic Joel's daughter witnessed while going to the watch shop. It's reasonable that from that point to later in the evening that thousands of people had reached the tipping point of their infection.

Yeah, you actually see signs of infection earlier in the day while she is still in school (the kid itching their wrist in class). The frequency and intensity of sirens and other emergency type events increases as time goes on. We're at least 12 hours after those initial signs by the time they run into the military.

Also, while those initial infections might have taken a while, I don't think that all bites take the same amount of time to spread. Tess's bite was spreading rapidly after one of the clickers got her.
AustinAg2K
Kampfers said:

We're at least 12 hours after those initial signs by the time they run into the military.

Speaking of the military, I hope in one of the flashbacks at the beginning of the episodes, we get to see what happened to the military during this time. The opening makes it seem like the military was fine. There's this wall of tanks/trucks no one can get past. However, based on how we've seen this thing spread, in those trucks there should have been soldiers turning and going after each other.
AgE2theBONE
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Kampfers said:

We're at least 12 hours after those initial signs by the time they run into the military.

Speaking of the military, I hope in one of the flashbacks at the beginning of the episodes, we get to see what happened to the military during this time. The opening makes it seem like the military was fine. There's this wall of tanks/trucks no one can get past. However, based on how we've seen this thing spread, in those trucks there should have been soldiers turning and going after each other.

Maybe the military already had everybody forgoing carbs and had isolated those who hadn't. No idea.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

AustinAg2K said:

Kampfers said:

Maybe the military already had everybody forgoing carbs and had isolated those who hadn't. No idea.

HBO presents, The Last of Us. Brought to you by the Keto Diet.
AustinAg2K
AgE2theBONE said:

AustinAg2K said:

Kampfers said:

So, your suggesting the military already knew the fungus was coming and the cause of it?
double aught
AG
It's possible. The lady in Indonesia figured it out very early.
AgE2theBONE
AG
AustinAg2K said:

AgE2theBONE said:

AustinAg2K said:

Kampfers said:

So, your suggesting the military already knew the fungus was coming and the cause of it?

Absolutely. If they knew it was too late to contain it they might think it's better to prepare as much as possible before all out panic breaks loose.

Keeping in mind, this is all based on my making up an excuse for the military guys apparently not being infected.
Saxsoon
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

YNWA_AG said:

Uhhh, clearly a spoiler based on previously established parameters set earlier in the thread.

…

The fact that I can't separate this from satire makes me fear for regular users of this thread
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
DallasTeleAg
You're drinking and posting again. Please stop.
BowSowy
AG
Dip**** doing dip**** things again. Color me shocked.
Tobias Funke
AG
Two thoughts here:

1) I'm certain I was distracted-watching and missed it, but do the characters in the show actually call them "Clickers"? Or are you guys using that term bc it comes from the game?

2) it occurs to me that pascal is in a very similar role to the Mandalorian, and the girl is just a way less cute baby yoda
DallasTeleAg
DallasTeleAg
I don't think they said the name "Clickers" in the show, but did talk about them in the segment after the show on bringing them to the screen.

And yes.... a WAY less cute baby Yoda. She's a weird looking woman.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

1) I'm certain I was distracted-watching and missed it, but do the characters in the show actually call them "Clickers"? Or are you guys using that term bc it comes from the game?
I THINK Tess did.
Sailor
Ol Jock 99 said:

Quote:

I THINK Tess did.
Swarely
DallasTeleAg said:

I She's a weird looking woman.

Her expressions really take me out of some scenes. When Joel was beating the hell out of the cop/soldier she looked like she was really enjoying it. Unless that's foreshadowing for her being a psychopath it was just really weird.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Swarely said:

DallasTeleAg said:

I She's a weird looking woman.

Her expressions really take me out of some scenes. When Joel was beating the hell out of the cop/soldier she looked like she was really enjoying it. Unless that's foreshadowing for her being a psychopath it was just really weird.

I read an interview after that episode aired stating that yes, she did enjoy watching Joel beat the crap out of him because that was the first time in her life anybody had ever stuck up for and defended her.

Whereas his daughter 20 yrs before was horrified at the violence during outbreak, Ellie grew up in a violent era, was raised in an orphanage, and has never had a father figure who will protect her. Its the beginning of a bond between them (no, that's not a spoiler because every damn commercial and article has already told us the whole point of the show is their relationship.)
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Y'all are weird. Bella Ramsey has been great so far.
Capitol Ag
AG
I feel like I've seen this before. A character, played by Pedro Pascal, is a smuggler who became what he is b/c he lost someone close to him in his family and a badass that some are literally scared of and most respect b/c he gets the job done, finds himself unwillingly in possession of a mysterious child that has a great power/ability that everyone either wants or wants to kill. He has to take this child to its people where the child can save the world/universe from an evil/horrible power and in the process they grow close to each other. Hmmmm

By the way, loved first 2 episodes!

Oh, and a lady friend of his has an "affair" with a strange creature that seems kinda gross. U-tee-dee!
Swarely
That's fair and makes sense.
Four Seasons Landscaping
That was one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen.
drmwvr
AG
No one wants to comment on that episode?
MBAR
AG
Holy **** man. Two great actors no doubt.
mazzag
AG
I could do without the gay but appreciate the love and caring relationship. That said,
Why? I was hoping they'd show up and give bill and frank a reason to live.
aTmAg
AG
Not that I'm asking people from the other thread to come here, but I have a hard time imagining all of that was in the game. That's one long ass cut scene otherwise. Either that or the player had to be either Bill or Frank for a level. Then I wonder how the gay love scene went down. Press X for each thrust?
MBAR
AG
Frank is not in the game in a typical sense. In the game you read letters that provide some backstory and you eventually come across his body. Bill is alive with you until he dies. They changed it quite a bit, but it works much better in this format this way. Bill is essentially the same as in the game but this allows them to tell a much richer story imo.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Offerman and Bartlett. Fantastic job.
barbacoa taco
AG
Got some serious Up vibes from this episode
Mike Elko
AG
An "Inside the Episode" interview explains that E3 deviates from the game the most of any others. Great job by the writers/actors.
astros4545
AG
Terrible

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.