*** THE LAST OF US *** (Non-Gamer Thread)

180,439 Views | 2419 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by jokershady
Seven Costanza
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I suppose there could have been a market for retro arcade games at that time (Frogger, Tetris, Mortal Kombat, etc.). The carousel also seemed like something that wouldn't have existed in a mall in 2003. Not that any of it matters.

Random thoughts:

1. This was a mess of a thread.

2. First episode was great. Felt like it went downhill from there, but still worthy of watching. Not sure if I am interested in a second season.

3. Third episode was really well done. I would have liked to have seen more prepper stuff. Good bit of subtle acting from Nick Offerman - you somehow got vibes that he was into that dude about 10 seconds after they met.

4. This is an awful thing to say, but Bella Ramsey just doesn't have a face for tv/movies. Of course neither does Jesse Plemons, but he keeps getting roles. Thought she did an adequate job, though.

5. Preacher guy and his community felt like something right of The Walking Dead. Kinda cartoonish. I'm sure it was exactly the same in the video game, so I guess it's understandable.

6. I would have preferred Joel picking up on something subtle that tipped him off that they were going to kill Ellie, rather than Marlene just straight up telling him.

Overall that sounds like a lot of complaining, but it was pretty good and I would recommend it.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Urban Ag said:

My ultra hot take (that's sarcasm by the way, seems we must overstate literally everything on this board) was that if you're still arguing or complaining about the episode where they got the gay on, you probably were too hung up on it to appreciate that single episode was some of the best television produced in a long time. No, I am not comfortable watching gay men do gay men stuff. But I was 100% dialed in well before it became apparent that was going to be a part of that back story.

A mini movie about a serious Ron Swanson in the post apocalypse, with amazing writing, humor, and endearing relatability (for long together couples). "Currently nothing" may be the funniest thing I've heard in years. The spat could have easily been me and my wife of 23 years. Humor. Relatability. So well done.

Overall, the season kind of dragged for me but finished pretty strong.
It wasn't even close to the best produced thing in this century and hopefully your wife doesn't end up like Ron's lover.
Counterpoint
AG
I figure this is the place to ask...should I buy these?? I'm scared!

StinkyPinky
AG
Season 2 starts filming in January. Feels like its been an eternity.
jokershady
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.