*** THE LAST OF US *** (Non-Gamer Thread)

185,290 Views | 2419 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by jokershady
Kampfers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Quinn said:

The people in that community would 100% kill her. They aren't risking what they built there on Joel's word that she's immune.
well, 100% minus one person, at least.
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.
jokershady
AG
Kampfers said:

GreasenUSA said:

Quinn said:

The people in that community would 100% kill her. They aren't risking what they built there on Joel's word that she's immune.
well, 100% minus one person, at least.
A person is smart. PeopleCommunists are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

FIFY
aTmAg
AG
No doubt the commies would kill her.

Capitalists would stick her in a cage for a while, see if she turns, then send an experience scout team to find scientists. Because they are smarter and generally better people like that.
jokershady
AG
Nah we'd kill her too. We'd just start the bidding at 1 rabbit and work our way up to see who wants to pull the trigger the hardest….
double aught
AG
There have been two factions so far that have known Ellie's condition and let her live. And Tommy is a third, really. Seems reasonable that the Jackson Hole crew might cautiously give her a chance.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'm 100% on Team "Jackson would kill her". Hell, if I was a leader of Jackson, I'd kill her. Some pie in the sky hope ain't worth the risk.
BowSowy
AG
double aught said:

There have been two factions so far that have known Ellie's condition and let her live. And Tommy is a third, really. Seems reasonable that the Jackson Hole crew might cautiously give her a chance.
What is the other faction besides the Fireflies? Their living situation was far worse than Jackson Hole. The Jackson Hole crew have basically recreated a society and are thriving and relatively safe. Outside of the fireflies, you really just have individual people or pairs that know/knew about her.
schmendeler
AG
I honestly thought they might make his brother rat her out and Joel and Ellie were going to have to shoot their way out.
double aught
AG
BowSowy said:

double aught said:

What is the other faction besides the Fireflies? Their living situation was far worse than Jackson Hole. The Jackson Hole crew have basically recreated a society and are thriving and relatively safe. Outside of the fireflies, you really just have individual people or pairs that know/knew about her.
Joel and Tess. He was a skeptic originally.
DallasTeleAg
Too little Tommy. I really hope we get to see him again.

I enjoyed the episode, and just deal with the plot conveniences as they come. As long as they aren't breaking some rule set forth in this world, I can deal with it. Hell, it's based on a video game where you can always heal yourself. I'm sure Ellie will just find some herbs and cloth, then craft a healing pack to heal Joel. I've played many RPGs... I know how this goes.
LB12Diamond
AG
schmendeler said:

I honestly thought they might make his brother rat her out and Joel and Ellie were going to have to shoot their way out.

No reason to say anything bc they were leaving.
agracer
AG
schmendeler said:

aTmAg said:

Definitely Not A Cop said:

I would put it the other way. You WANT to look at the screen, but you can't because you HAVE to read the subtitles.

The point is that your eyes are drawn to the subtitles rather than the rest of the screen.
Only aTm could **** that up…
agracer
AG
schmendeler said:

That would be more unrealistic than former giant football or basketball players becoming giant infected….
AggieOO
i'm sure Joel survives, b/c its Pedro Pascal and one of the two major characters...but...

IF he died... Tommy knows the secret about Ellie. She makes her way back to Jackson and the show continues with Tommy taking the place of Joel. He has to make the choice to leave behind the wife and future child to save humanity.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Mark me down for the camp that thinks that would be a lame way for Joel to go out.
Rudyjax
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Mark me down for the camp that thinks that would be a lame way for Joel to go out.
Most realistic though.
Rudyjax
AG
The native american man finds them, and they go back to the house and Elaine, from her experience as a receptionist in a doctors office in Alaska, heals him.
Diggity
AG
and AIdan Shaw crafts a beautiful hardwood stretcher to help carry him to safety.
Rudyjax
AG
Diggity said:

and AIdan Shaw crafts a beautiful hardwood stretcher to help carry him to safety.
What's hilarious is that show created the increasing use of the name Aidan for kids born 2002-2007 or so.
Diggity
AG
aidan's everywhere!
bluefire579
AG
https://www.theonion.com/what-to-know-about-the-last-of-us-1850146691
Rudyjax
AG
All or None.

Love it!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
"Just Like Heaven" playing while on the merry-go-round?

*chef's kiss*
AlaskanAg99
AG
Big Yawner.
aTm '99
Seabreeze
End of the world was in 2003, why is the sound track from 2 decades earlier than that? No Pac, Biggie, Boys to Men?
Sailor
Can't handle the teenage angst. Yawn.
zooguy96
This episode sucked.
Quad Dog
AG
I liked it. Nothing was as tense as them dancing with masks on in a Halloween store. All I could watch was the background waiting to see an infected.

I wonder if this is how this series will be told throughout: a couple episodes in present for plot, then one separate episode in the past to explain character motivation and decision.
C@LAg
zooguy96 said:

This episode sucked.
had me rooting for the clickers.
aTmAg
AG
Count me in the sucked crowd.
Seabreeze
zooguy96 said:

This episode sucked.

To be honest this whole show sucks. I'm trying, I really am because HBO has made so many great epic shows. I'm basically now just waiting for Succesion, and Wining Time to start again. I'll continue to watch hoping for something better.
BenFiasco14
AG
Meh. What we saw in the episode should've been cut way down then get back to the present plot. What they were trying to convey didn't need an entire episode.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
AlaskanAg99
AG
It's a limited series, not TWD with 15 seasons, so it didn't advance the story line except for 1 point.

Disappointing.
aTm '99
Rudyjax
AG
Seabreeze said:

End of the world was in 2003, why is the sound track from 2 decades earlier than that? No Pac, Biggie, Boys to Men?

All or None came out in 2002.
DallasTeleAg
Yeah... was just waiting for it to be over. I didn't need to watch 45 minutes of teenage girls walking around a mall with lesbian sexual tension. We could have gotten this entire backstory in 10 minutes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.