*** JURASSIC PARK/WORLD FRANCHISE ***

72,629 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by TCTTS
c-jags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
veryfuller said:

I mean I don't want to defend this movie, but I think the climate change is due to altitude. It's a valley surrounded by mountains, so the climate in the valley is different. Obviously that is a huge change but \_()_/

You can drop a crap ton of degrees from the top of the Grand Canyon to the bottom. Not defending the plot deficiencies. Just saying.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Just saw it.

Meh
TyHolden
AG
just watched the first again....I'm not sure it's a Unix system.
_lefraud_
AG
I was so very confused with the first 20min, it's like they couldn't decide on a plot so they just roll with 4 or 5 and went into let's see what happens mode.

Had I not been on a date, I would have walked out and into Top Gun (for the 4th time).

It did have some cool action scenes, and it was nice seeing Malcom again, I thought the female pilot was a great addition.

But man that was just a giant cluster **** of a money grab
Big Al 1992
AG
So wth was the last dinosaur with feathers and super long claws that can pierce an entire TRex and apparently is not a carnivore but chases people and dinosaurs like it is?!
Macarthur
Saw it last night. Awful. I guess the dinosaurs were cool but the story was just awful. I really couldn't find anything redeeming. Over $100 w snacks for 6 people.
Tibbers
Big Al 1992 said:

So wth was the last dinosaur with feathers and super long claws that can pierce an entire TRex and apparently is not a carnivore but chases people and dinosaurs like it is?!
I think the name you are looking for is "dumb"
MW03
AG
Took my kiddo to see it, so I got to watch it through his eyes and I have to say it was really fun. While I was kind of lazily watching, he looks up at me during one of the sequences and yells "DAD! THIS IS SO AWESOME!"

It was around this point that I got over myself and started to actually enjoy it.

Fast forward to the parking lot. "DAD, WE HAVE TO BUY THIS ONE AS SOON AS WE CAN!" and "DAD! THAT WAS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!"

If you want a message or meaning, you probably won't find it. But if you can find a kiddo to go see it with, you'll remember that:

(1) Dinosaurs are awesome
(2) "Owen is the coolest!"
(3) "The T-Rex is still the king of all dinosaurs!"

MW03
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Therizinosaurus.

Quote:

With broad hips and a pot belly, this dinosaur was perhaps the strangest-looking of all dinosaurs. An adult Therizinosaurus is thought to have weighed about 6 tonnes, that's as heavy as a large Tyrannosaurus rex.

Therizinosaurs appeared 120 million years ago and their remains have been found in Asia and North America. Because these dinosaurs had strange features it took scientists a long time to realise where they belonged in the dinosaur family. They belong to the theropod dinosaur group called maniraptors which also includes birds. All members of this group have long arms and therizinosaurs had hands equipped with the largest claws in the animal kingdom. Their small heads and the shape of their teeth show that therizinosaurs abandoned the meat-eating habits of their theropod ancestors and ate plants.

https://museum.wa.gov.au/explore/dinosaur-discovery/therizinosaurus
MGS
So a dinosaur version of the Giant Sloth
TCTTS
AG
This thread is hilarious…

Jack Klompus
AG
Season 5 of Camp Cretaceous is out. They've gone and gay-ed it up with two girls kissing in Episode 9. Why can't it just be about dinosaurs eating people?
C@LAg
Jack Klompus said:

Season 5 of Camp Cretaceous is out. They've gone and gay-ed it up with two girls kissing in Episode 9. Why can't it just be about dinosaurs eating people?
series actually ended worse than the movie series. and that is saying something.

the whole remote controlling dinosaurs plotline was stupid.
XXXVII
This was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
YellowPot_97
AG
Took my 8 year old to see the Minions movie last night. I fell asleep through part of it, and it was still better than JW Dominion.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Just got an e-mail from Universal announcing an extended edition of Jurassic World Dominion being available August 16, 14 extra minutes. I wonder if this will include the drive-in sequence that we saw in the trailer?
#FJB
Iowaggie
AG
Jack Klompus said:

One of the strengths of CC was that it was just 6 kids impossibly surviving dino attacks of various types with menacing adults getting eaten due to their own hubris. Everything through most of the first 4 seasons was about sticking together and surviving like a family.

Then in season 4, they had a boy-girl relationship which slowed the whole story down.
Then in season 5, the kids were actually directing the dinosaurs to attack and eat the adults.
Then, as you mentioned, they gave in and decided to throw in that the two other girls have romantic feelings for each other. And in doing a little research on it, it seems like they did because they were listening to the adult anime community, which is a bit creepy to me.

It would have been a highly recommended series for me if they had kept the theme that these teens were a family, making it off the island and safely home because they looked out for each other. Not to sound like Lego Batman, but I'm fine with my kids shows not doing "ships", as in relationships.
Iowaggie
AG
TCTTS said:

This thread is hilarious…

Holy cow, that is a good read.
TCTTS
AG
So this certainly makes it sound like there will be more Jurassic movies, but that Bryce Dallas Howard is done for good (which was expected), and that DeWanda Wise (who played Kayla) might be the/a new lead going forward? That's really the only way I can interpret the "baton" comment. My business partner is currently writing a pilot for/with Wise, so I'll see if I can get to the bottom of this. That said, I really wish they'd take a years-long break from this franchise. Or at least find a completely new creative team and move on from Colin Trevorrow...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChPustWF_cS/
TCTTS
AG
I really hate that Instagram posts don't embed anymore.
C@LAg
they need to reboot it as a live-action, reality TV show type movie, where teams of people go through dino infested areas and the first team to cross the "finish line"/survive wins.

just let the dinos be dinos,

and we, as the audience, get lots and lots of deaths

it could work as both a full reboot or as a continuation of the current worldbuilding.
Sea Speed
AG
They work on other threads
The Porkchop Express
Dinosaurs vs. Predator
Dinosaurs vs. Transformers
Dinosaurs vs. Aliens in a huge gladitorial arena

I don't know why these movies, which I have been writing mentally since age 6, have not been made.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
TCTTS
AG
Universal Pictures vs. 20th Century Studios/Disney
Universal Pictures vs. Paramount Pictures
Universal Pictures vs. 20th Century Studios/Disney

Keeping it the Universal family, your only other franchise options are the Monsterverse (Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf Man, Mummy, etc), Fast & Furious, Bourne, E.T., or 50 Shades.
C@LAg
vampire dinosaurs!
MW03
AG
Jurassic World x Planet of the Apes set in the future with a Tyrannosaurus president.
C@LAg
2 Velociraptorous, 2 Furious
Decay
AG
Wait. The trailer scene with the drive in wasn't even in the movie? What, were they worried about spoiling the impeccably tight plot?
Iowaggie
AG
TCTTS said:

I really hate that Instagram posts don't embed anymore.

But you can still do Vines!!!!!

Trying your IG post:
https://instagr.am/p/ChPustWF_cS
Iowaggie
AG
In the IG address, try replacing reel with p
TCTTS
AG
Thanks, guys. Good to know.
Iowaggie
AG
Headed to Peacock on Sept 2nd.
TCTTS
AG
double aught
AG
Love this so much. Maybe my favorite John Williams work, but how can you really choose?

My wife and I took a helicopter tour of Kauai for my 40th birthday. It included the waterfall from when they first arrive at Isla Nublar in JP. The song even played over our headsets as we flew by it, and it was pretty much the greatest thing ever. So now I'll play "Journey to the Island" on occasion and I'm taken back to that trip. Thank you John Williams!
Ornithopter
AG
50 Shades of Green, staring Kermit the Frog

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.