*** JURASSIC PARK/WORLD FRANCHISE ***

72,611 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by TCTTS
West Point Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Later there's running and screaming...
Let’s Go Brandon!
DallasTeleAg
C@LAg said:

Is it weird that this brought tears to my eyes?

Also, not to derail the thread, but the debate on hard magic systems vs soft magic systems is definitely a big one in the fantasy world. Lots of good fantasy panels with some of the best in the business discussing those. The problems with the movies are not the soft magic, imo. It's an issue of bad child actors and horrible adaptation from movie #4 and onward.

Soft magic systems with good world building, plot, and characters can still produce a great story.

Learn from the master of the fantasy universe on how to make a great fantasy story. I know he is working on his own screenplay for The Final Empire, which is a fantastic hard magic system.

TCTTS
AG
Hard to believe this still won't come out for another 18 months...

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/11/against-all-odds-jurassic-world-dominion-wraps-production-in-london
TCTTS
AG
Capitol Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

Ok, this is genius! Will never look at JP the same again. Thank you for that...
Thunder18
AG
TCTTS said:

The last minute really sells it
C@LAg
double aught said:

C@LAg said:

Thought this was gonna be a little more lighthearted, being a cartoon. Still, I think my five year old dino lover will like it.
Season 2 is out.

8 episodes.
AMW2010
AG
Season 1 was good if you turn your brain off.... season 2.... was yikes... some kinda cool stuff in there... but even with your brain off, the level of unrealistic stuff in this show. There's a part in I think the 4th episode that even "something else" is like kids are freakin idiots. I know it's a show about Dino's. But this show is supposed to be set in the realm of the Jurassic movies.

I watched it, I'll watch season 3 but man, watching a kids show being an adult makes it really hard sometimes
TCTTS
AG
The movie itself releases one year from tomorrow, but we're already getting a trailer in a couple of weeks...

TCTTS
AG
In combination with the mosquito imagery, and new amber logo, the tagline "It all started here" is certainly interesting...
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Will always have the bitter taste in my mouth knowing how legendary jj Abrams version of dominion could have been.
AliasMan02
AG
All in on the ancient Earth sequence. I love it when dinosaurs are properly depicted (as best we can tell) with feathers.
Daveintx
Season 3 of Cretaceous had a nice nod to the source material with the rumor that the parks owner (Hammond) was injured and killed by compys
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
If a velociraptor strides into a room and orders a martini shaken, not stirred ... I'm out.
C@LAg
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

If a velociraptor strides into a room and orders a martini shaken, not stirred ... I'm out.
but you are OK if it orders it stirred, not shaken?
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I'm the opposite. A raptor ordering a martini in this third movie would make every bad decision so far in the sequel trilogy more than worth it, just to have that moment.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I'm the opposite. A raptor ordering a martini in this third movie would make every bad decision so far in the sequel trilogy more than worth it, just to have that moment.
Everyone has to have their line in the sand. I damn near got up and left JP3 when a velociraptor started talking to Alan Grant ... then it was revealed he was dreaming so I went ahead and stayed for a so-so movie.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I doubt I'll be seeing F9, so curious to hear any reports of the prologue in IMAX tonight.
TCTTS
AG
Apparently it ends with the film "melting" and a T-Rex appearing to come through the screen, as audience members scurry - all in life size IMAX. Which honestly looks pretty damn cool, and made me realize I've never seen a movie from this franchise in IMAX, something I'm going to have to remedy with this one.

TCTTS
AG
Clarification: I just saw another clip and it's an actual drive-in theater in-movie that the T-Rex attacks.
AMW2010
AG
Very Twister like I dig it!
TCTTS
AG
Ha, that was my first thought.

We had a tornado ripping through The Shining in Twister, so I'm curious to see which movie gets interrupted here.
AMW2010
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, that was my first thought.

We had a tornado ripping through The Shining in Twister, so I'm curious to see which movie gets interrupted here.

What if they are watching Twister and it's the scene of the twister ripping through the movie screen!
TCTTS
AG
MGS
It would also be a nice nod to Michael Crichton.
YNWA_AG
AG
Just saw f9 in imax. Utter ridiculous and incredible. The Jurassic park trailer was more than I was expecting.
TCTTS
AG
A pretty good bootleg of basically the entire thing has finally made its way to YouTube. It's split across multiple videos, though, that will play back-to-back-to-back, if you follow this link to its respective page instead of watching only the embed here...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.