*** JURASSIC PARK/WORLD FRANCHISE ***

72,551 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A partially arctic setting could be really cool...

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1142138-new-jurassic-world-dominion-set-photos-arctic-setting
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
double aught
AG
C@LAg said:

Thought this was gonna be a little more lighthearted, being a cartoon. Still, I think my five year old dino lover will like it.
TCTTS
AG
Showed the trailer to my six-year-old nephews last week and they flipped for it. Both are huge dino lovers as well (I introduced them to Jurassic Park last summer). They asked if the camp was real. I said if it was, would you want to go, and they both said yes in a heartbeat.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

From Alan Grant's twitter today
TCTTS
AG

https://www.superherohype.com/movies/484853-jurassic-world-dominion-photo-teases-return-to-key-place-from-the-past
West Point Aggie
AG
Will the bad guys be any dumber than the last few duds?
AliasMan02
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Duds? Jurassic World is one of the top grossing movies of all time.
West Point Aggie
AG
AliasMan02 said:

West Point Aggie said:

Duds? Jurassic World is one of the top grossing movies of all time.

$$ made and cool cgi does not take away from how bad I thought they were...exhibit a, b and c (the last three SW movies) don't like my opinion? Feel free to gloss over it!
TCTTS
AG
double aught
AG
Not sure I'm following. If he's referring to the large iconic gate with "Jurassic Park" at the top, it was in a civilian area. Dinos were never supposed to have access to it. Moreover, none are ever shown going through it or any other gate. TRex breaks through a fence; the raptors break through the wiring around the top of their enclosure.
TCTTS
AG
It's a joke, making fun of the idea that if the gate was strictly for civilians, why make it big enough for dinosaurs to escape through?
double aught
AG
I'm just not a fan of the joke.

I'm fun at parties, I know.
Belton Ag
AG
double aught said:

I'm just not a fan of the joke.

I'm fun at parties, I know.
Overheard at a recent party:

double aught: "This is just silly, why would a man bring a duck to a bar? And besides, ducks do not have vocal chords capable of producing words. Further, it has been proven in lab studies that ducks do not have a frontal lobe, which is the part of the brain where cognitive processes like language are created."
double aught
AG
All good points!
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
There was some Goldblum quote on IO9 last week where he talked about him, Sam Neil, and Laura Dern in a scene together being terrorized by something prehistoric that had not previously been featured in any of the JP films. Really makes me wonder what it is.
Belton Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

There was some Goldblum quote on IO9 last week where he talked about him, Sam Neil, and Laura Dern in a scene together being terrorized by something prehistoric that had not previously been featured in any of the JP films. Really makes me wonder what it is.
/insert Cher joke here.
mazag08
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Gotta be a mammoth.

Or the Jurassic franchise finally got smart and merged with transformers.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Hell yeah! New round of sequels, Pleistocene Park!
Decay
AG
At Cambrian Park, you can experience the wonder of early arthropods! Hope you like bugs and crabs!
jeffk
AG
Ready for the Jurassic Park - Ice Age crossover event!
mazag08
AG
Orrrrr.....

Jurassic World 3 ties in on the same timeline of events as the recent Godzilla and King Kong movies. The end of the movie will lead right up to Godzilla vs Kong and the two franchises will merge going forward.
AMW2010
AG
Just finished camp cretaceous.... it was fun.... if you turn you brain off... but as an adult... the kids would have been sent home after like the first few minutes into episode 1 if I was In charge
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AMW2010
AG
I don't have kids. I love Jurassic park, been my all time favorite movie since I was a child. But I'm also a teacher, so I see how kids these age act on a daily
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AMW2010
AG
Watching episode 1&8 is not a good idea.... it was worth a watch overall. It was just to watch it as an adult when they have "adults" in charge of them that are irresponsible. episode 4 I believe was really sad and in episode 7 started I yelled out YESSSS FINALLY
Daveintx
Kids and I blew through it last night. It was fun.and tied in nicely to the movie (better sequel than fallen kingdom)
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

"This is the movie that I've been waiting to make, from the beginning. It's the one that we have spent the past two movies building to. It really was part of a larger story and part of the design. I think people may be underestimating the size and importance of Laura Dern and Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum's characters in this movie. It is very much an ensemble and that element and the ability to take these beloved characters from almost 30 years now, and understand how they interact with each other in the context of a world that we've really never seen before and have not been able to witness until now is very exciting. I'm having the time of my life."

https://www.slashfilm.com/jurassic-world-dominion-update/
TCTTS
AG
Decay
AG
We're a Disney family so we've never really been to universal studios other than once when I was a kid and I barely remember it.

Considering we're big JP fans but not really into Harry Potter, is it really worth it to go to those instead of another day with the Mouse?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.