*** JURASSIC PARK/WORLD FRANCHISE ***

72,540 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by TCTTS
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not to be THAT GUY but did we not get similar hype comments for the last one.
TCTTS
AG
Oh, no doubt.

I'm just the messenger!
israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

I mean, best since the OG isn't really saying much.
double aught
AG
Ehh, kinda. Jurassic World is solid. If this is better, I'll be pretty impressed.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
First trailer has to be soon, I'd imagine…
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Oh, no doubt.

I'm just the messenger!

Well the assumption is that you buy into the hype if you're posting it, right?

But btw, I'm more hyped for this than I have been for any of the other new ones.
C@LAg
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Nice!

Seems like a good place to drop this nugget.

TCTTS
AG
Sent this to a couple of cat-obsessed friends yesterday. It's so good, and legitimately well done.
TCTTS
AG
I now need a Jurassic Park Christmas movie.
AliasMan02
AG
A JP directed by Shane Black? Sign me up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The light coming from the truck is a nice touch.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
For real. I watched it more times than I care to admit.
double aught
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

Nice!

Seems like a good place to drop this nugget.

The purring while rubbing the Explorer.
The sound as he runs for the cat food.

So ridiculous!
AMW2010
AG
C@LAg said:

I need that!
AMW2010
AG
TCTTS said:

First trailer has to be soon, I'd imagine…

I'm feelin super bowl vibes…. Like for the lost world all those years ago!
TCTTS
AG
My super-nerdy, by-the-numbers take...

Jurassic World released June 12, 2015. Its first teaser trailer released Tuesday, November 25, 2014, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (three days before the first The Force Awakens teaser trailer released that Friday).

29 weeks from teaser trailer to movie premiere.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom released June 22, 2018. Its first teaser trailer released Thursday, December 7, 2017.

28 weeks from teaser trailer to movie premiere.

Jurassic World: Dominion releases June 10, 2022. So, if precedent holds, 28 weeks prior is the week of December 5-9, while 29 weeks prior is the week of November 28 - December 2 (the weekend after Thanksgiving). In other words, history tells us we're potentially looking at the first teaser trailer anywhere from next week (Thanksgiving week) to the first full week of December.

That said, we *did* technically get that IMAX prologue/preview thing exclusively in IMAX theaters with Fast 9 this past June, something neither of the previous two JW movies had that far in advance, which could "push" the first teaser trailer back to, yeah, perhaps the Super Bowl.

If I had to guess, though, I'm betting we get the first teaser trailer theatrically with Spider-Man: No Way Home on December 17, and it'll drop online either that week or the week prior, falling right inside the JW teaser trailer release range. No Way Home is going to be the biggest box-office draw in over two years, since Endgame, and every studio is going to want all their massive trailers attached to it, Universal included.
C@LAg
double aught
AG
Cool
AMW2010
AG
TCTTS, for the record that doesn't count as a trailer! Hahaha still holding I it for super bowl!!
Solo Tetherball Champ
The dinosaur nerd in me is annoyed by a few parts of that, but it looks cool.
TCTTS
AG
AMW2010 said:

TCTTS, for the record that doesn't count as a trailer! Hahaha still holding I it for super bowl!!

Agreed. The prologue finally being officially released this week tells me the first trailer itself is probably a ways off now. Super Bowl seems way more likely now.
TCTTS
AG
Official embed + poster...

Capitol Ag
AG
Great prologue! My 6 year old (as well as my 6 year old self) loved the 65 million year flashback sequence. Though he was in denial that the T-Rex could lose and die.

Ok, now for the "nerd/actually" comment, T-Rex, as far as we know at this point, was the absolute alpha theropod of its time. The other theropod that defeats and kills the T-Rex appears to be one of either an Acrocanthasaurus which lived 110m years ago, well b4 Rex, Giganotosaurus which predated Rex by 30m years or Carcharodontosaurus which predated Rexie by 10m or so years. G and C lived in South America and Africa respectively and were separated from N. America by water and Acro lived here in TX and the SW. we think that the theropod prints at Glenrose are Acro prints. While all three of these were either as big or bigger than Rex, they most likely never crossed paths. So that is a bit of a jump to assume 2 big alphas in one area in N. America 65m ya. But WHO CARES?!?! The graphics were awesome and I thought it was great that they feathered many of the dinos as we now think many theropods were. So cool and fun. While the JW movies haven't been "great", the story isn't why I love them. Just give me dinos. Inject them straight into my veins!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Right there with you.

These are dinosaur movies. And as great as the original was, I actually got slightly more enjoyment out of The Lost World since IMO a dinosaur movie should feature lots of stompin' and chompin'
Capitol Ag
AG
Here is a great video I found with a paleontologist reviewing the accuracy of the Prologue video. Fun stuff...

I do wonder if the large theropod advisory is actually a Gigo or an Acro, as the Acro had a large hump on the back and was also over 40 ft long. The Prologue's versions seems to have that spinal hump. Both were relatively closely related as they belonged to the Carcharodontosauridae family. But I'm no paleontologist...

An Acro here:

A Gigo here:

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CXwEd_lJg-x
The Collective
AG
More motorcycles and raptors
The Porkchop Express
Thought they would have evolved beyond simple "running" at this point.

Thunder18
AG
That's apparently a different (actual) species of "raptor" but once again it's the wrong size for the species. Wish they would just use Utahraptor or Deinonychus
TCTTS
AG
They have a bit of leeway with stuff like that. First of all, it's obviously just a movie. None of this is even possible to begin with. But they've also said that since these are all genetically engineered dinosaurs, they did things like get rid of the feathers as to met people's expectations rather than gave them hyper-accuracy. So I don't see why they couldn't have done the same with size, etc.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Velociraptor is so much easier to pronounce than Deinonychus. Plus, velociraptor lent itself so much easier to a new NBA team at the time the original movie came out ...
Thunder18
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Velociraptor is so much easier to pronounce than Deinonychus. Plus, velociraptor lent itself so much easier to a new NBA team at the time the original movie came out ...

So they should've just gone with Utahraptor to begin with

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.