*** JURASSIC PARK/WORLD FRANCHISE ***

72,603 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by TCTTS
Gigem314
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

Alan Grant turned into Indiana Jones?

"Dinosaurs belong in a museum!"
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

No matter how tame Blue the Raptor is at this point, if you are Grant, Malcolm or Sattler, if you see that thing coming near you, after the experiences you've had, you blow its head off without hesitation.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
MW03
AG
Yall are some haters...
TCTTS
AG
I still have no idea how they're going to explain how the 10-15 dinosaurs (if that) we saw escape at the end of the last movie resulted in what looks to be a not-at-all-insignificant exodus/infestation of dinosaurs all across the country, who apparently can't be killed/captured.

Did 10-15 sterilized dinosaurs somehow produce that many offspring in the four years since the last movie?

Are companies cloning the escaped dinosaurs and releasing *them* into the wild?

Did B.D. Wong go full-villain and this is some kind of ridiculous play at world domination?

Really, no explanation makes any damn sense, and I have a feeling they're going to hand wave the entire thing.

The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

Did B.D. Wong go full-villain and this is some kind of ridiculous play at world domination?

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

S-E-C !

S-E-C !

S-E-C !

TCTTS
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Rex Racer
AG
TCTTS said:

Quote:

"I wanted something that felt like the Joker," teases writer-director Colin Trevorrow of the Giga. "It just wants to watch the world burn."

If you're Trevorrow, even if for some insane reason this was your actual intention, at least have the decency to not say it out loud. Good gosh that sounds bad. Also, when will they ever realize that we don't need some dumb new big-bad dino for each new installment. Just give us new situations and new environments, with all the usual dinos we know and love. Maybe, every so often, give them a bit more intelligence or something, but that's it. On paper, dinosaurs-in-a-mansion was actually a pretty fun idea for the last one. But we didn't need it to be some super raptor hybrid thing or whatever the hell that was. Normal raptors would have been perfectly fine.
But then they couldn't make a new toy!
TCTTS
AG
Very true.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
double aught
AG
Parasaurolophus ain't got time for that.
The Porkchop Express
Between JW3 and Thor, Pratt is going to go roaring into the top 10 of Career Domestic Box Office, which already reads like an Avengers' casting call anyways.

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-star-records/domestic/lifetime-acting/top-grossing-leading-stars

Current Top 10

Frozone Windu Fury $5.7 billion
Tony Stark $5.4 billion
ScarJo $5.3 billion
Tom Hanks $5.1 billion
Rocket Raccoon $4.3 billion
Indiana Solo $4.0 billion
Steve Rogers $3.97 billion
Ethan Hunt $3.96 billion
Thor $3.959 billion
Uhura Saldana $3.956 billion
Rex Dangervest $3.951 billion

Will the combined force of JW3 and Thor get him past Zoe Saldana with the force of Avatar 2? Not sure she's in Thor.
TCTTS
AG
Good call. That's insane.

As for Saldana, I don't know if she's in Thor either, but yeah, she'll have Avatar 2 this year, and then Guardians 3 and Star Trek 4 next year. So I think she stays ahead regardless.
double aught
AG
How does that website accurately rank the top EIGHTY FIVE HUNDRED box office stars?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

I still have no idea how they're going to explain how the 10-15 dinosaurs (if that) we saw escape at the end of the last movie resulted in what looks to be a not-at-all-insignificant exodus/infestation of dinosaurs all across the country, who apparently can't be killed/captured.

Did 10-15 sterilized dinosaurs somehow produce that many offspring in the four years since the last movie?

Really, no explanation makes any damn sense, and I have a feeling they're going to hand wave the entire thing.

So Universal clearly saw this post, edited a spot this afternoon to address my concerns, and then aired it tonight during the Mavs game just now since they knew I'd be watching.

Seriously, though, a brand new spot just aired during the game, featuring the clone girl form the last movie saying, "Blue had a baby. That's impossible!" And then B.D. Wong is seemingly working with the heroes, as he tells them, "We need to fix a terrible mistake." So, yeah, the dinos can now somehow reproduce (because of course they can), and B.D. Wong seems to be trying to do good, not hell bent on world domination.
YellowPot_97
AG
I don't know if you know this, but life finds a way.
Gigem314
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

I don't know if you know this, but life finds a way.
Boy do I hate being right all the time…
The Porkchop Express
Ian Malcolm on visiting TexAgs for the first time.

Gigem314
AG
Id say more like this:

The Porkchop Express
Now I want to find that old JP thread where some guy posted a pic that didn't work and had about 90 Gif responses from the movie.
The Porkchop Express
double aught said:

How does that website accurately rank the top EIGHTY FIVE HUNDRED box office stars?
You know there are celebrities constantly checking that **** out seeing who they are ahead of in a real petty way.

You know Rob Riggle is picking up chicks by saying he's made more box office gross (#2,037) than Bo Derek (#2,042).

I also really like that Chadwick Boseman is 26th despite just 11 films, while Nic Cage is 28th with EIGHTY SIX. The only other person in the top 500 even close to that volume is Deniro at 74, and he's 20 years older than Cage.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tickets on sale.

Looks like AMC has an event for a double feature with JP and the new movie, but it's not included on A-List, so no go for me.
AMW2010
AG
New/final trailer just dropped!!!!! Random guy gets eaten on his scooter!!! I was like YESSSSSS!!! Need more of that!!!
The Porkchop Express
This looks so stupidly amazing. I can't imagine the plot makes sense for more than 3 seconds. Can't wait.

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Tickets secured. Cannot wait.
#FJB
Sea Speed
AG
TCTTS said:

TCTTS said:

So Universal clearly saw this post, edited a spot this afternoon to address my concerns, and then aired it tonight during the Mavs game just now since they knew I'd be watching.

Seriously, though, a brand new spot just aired during the game, featuring the clone girl form the last movie saying, "Blue had a baby. That's impossible!" And then B.D. Wong is seemingly working with the heroes, as he tells them, "We need to fix a terrible mistake." So, yeah, the dinos can now somehow reproduce (because of course they can), and B.D. Wong seems to be trying to do good, not hell bent on world domination.

I feel like I completely missed something in the last movie because I do NOT remember a clone girl at all.
DeBoss
AG
They hid it at till the end of the last movie. That's why she let out all the dinosaurs, she is one of them.
OnlyForNow
AG
Just now seeing this map, I'm also going to point out how the far west coast, specifically San Fran area, is apparently a hot bed for cold blooded animals... not the desert southwest or the southcentral part of the states.

SFO whose average temperature is like in the low 70s if that... ya this is stupidly horrible.

Also love how they have saguaro cactus in the middle of Texas...
TXAG 05
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Just now seeing this map, I'm also going to point out how the far west coast, specifically San Fran area, is apparently a hot bed for cold blooded animals... not the desert southwest or the southcentral part of the states.

SFO whose average temperature is like in the low 70s if that... ya this is stupidly horrible.

Also love how they have saguaro cactus in the middle of Texas...

Based on some scenes in the trailer, I'd say they are warm blooded. Plus, since they were originally released in Northern California, it makes sense that area would have higher concentrations compared to other areas, as they are spreading out from there.
OnlyForNow
AG
Just watched the trailer, would have to agree.

Also, looks like someone stole more dinos from one of the islands and is setting them free on the mainland.
TXAG 05
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Just watched the trailer, would have to agree.

Also, looks like someone stole more dinos from one of the islands and is setting them free on the mainland.

Also looks like they made it to Europe or the Middle East, so they are definitely prolific.
double aught
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

This looks so stupidly amazing. I can't imagine the plot makes sense for more than 3 seconds. Can't wait.

This looks awesome. Love that the Quetzalcoatlus (?) built a nest atop 1 WTC.
double aught
AG
OnlyForNow said:

It's established in the first movie that they're warm blooded.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.