*** JURASSIC PARK/WORLD FRANCHISE ***

72,549 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honestly it is. I'm not a HP fan either but Diagon Alley is still super cool, the ride is pretty awesome, and the frozen butterbeer is absolutely delicious.

And if you're a fan of movies in general, there will be plenty of cool stuff to keep y'all entertained. The Mummy ride is fantastic.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm not a HP fan either
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean...have you ever seen me post about HP?

Decay
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Honestly it is. I'm not a HP fan either but Diagon Alley is still super cool, the ride is pretty awesome, and the frozen butterbeer is absolutely delicious.

And if you're a fan of movies in general, there will be plenty of cool stuff to keep y'all entertained. The Mummy ride is fantastic.
That's what I was worried about. Put it on the list...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I mean...have you ever seen me post about HP?

I just went down to the crawl space where I've got all my photoshops of you and opened the Encylopedia Spilnerina I've been keeping these last couple of decades.

Desire to bang Natalie Portman: 7,831 posts
Revenge of the Sith is better than Return of the Jedi: 6,122 posts
I want to live in Middle Earth: 4,122 posts

Nope, you're right, it's not in there.

TCTTS
AG
Might as well add me to the list.

Harry Potter is lame and magic in movies sucks. There's always a spell or potion for everything - or seemingly could be for anything - and thus no one ever feels like they're in true danger. Nothing ever feels of actual consequence, not even death.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Need to do a Mistborn TV series to show magic doesnt suck.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Harry Potter is lame and magic in movies sucks. There's always a spell or potion for everything - or seemingly could be for anything - and thus no one ever feels like they're in true danger. Nothing ever feels of actual consequence, not even death.
All right,you and I are done for good.

HARRY POTTER IS A SERIES OF BOOKS

TCTTS
AG
bluefire579
AG
TCTTS said:

That's not a problem with magic, that's a problem with writing and worldbuilding. Well written magic has consequences and limits behind its use, and is not always the best solution depending on the context. It should also have consistent rules, not just be molded to fit whatever situation the characters happen to stumble into.

Avatar the Last Airbender (and by proxy, Legend of Korra) is a great example of magic done well.
Fenrir
Legend of Korra started to go a little too much towards the magic can fix everything route though.

Hell you can argue that Aang learning energy bending started that trend.
TCTTS
AG
bluefire579 said:

TCTTS said:

That's not a problem with magic, that's a problem with writing and worldbuilding. Well written magic has consequences and limits behind its use, and is not always the best solution depending on the context. It should also have consistent rules, not just be molded to fit whatever situation the characters happen to stumble into.

Avatar the Last Airbender (and by proxy, Legend of Korra) is a great example of magic done well.

Agreed. Establish the rules and I can be invested. HP didn't do a good job of establishing the rules, though.
bluefire579
AG
Oh yeah, wasn't defending Harry Potter, just magic in general
TCTTS
AG
Wow. Universal moving the release date back an entire year, even though they're only three weeks away from wrapping production...

https://deadline.com/2020/10/jurassic-world-dominion-release-date-change-june-2022-1234592554/
TCTTS
AG
They gave us the first official poster, at least...

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Well, I'll just have to put that on my 2022 calendar.

When will this ****** non-sense end?
double aught
AG
Well damn. Hopefully I can survive until then.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, they got me. I'm all in.

Got a good feeling about this one.
jeffk
AG
Future me is very excited about this.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First image of Dr. Ian Malcolm.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The website Jurassic Vault has a lot of spy pictures from the filming, including this one that suggests at least one scene involves the Big 3 from JP with Starlord and BDH

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

The website Jurassic Vault has a lot of spy pictures from the filming, including this one that suggests at least one scene involves the Big 3 from JP with Starlord and BDH

From everything I've heard, the Big 3 basically star in this movie alongside Pratt and Howard.
DeBoss
AG
2022!!! WTF. Just when I had higher hopes for 2021. If they move off Topgun to 2022, then I'm already done with 2021.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I want a scene of Malcolm hitting on Saddler in front of Grant again.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CF1K3GHjkRq

Fantastic.

Edit: Sorry for the repost, was looking for an Instagram post.
TCTTS
AG
NM.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

Decay
AG
Has anyone played Jurassic Park games? My kid has been watching dinos fight on youtube and it looks like it's from a PC game but you know how hit-or-miss a movie game can be.

The only ones I remember were like, an impossibly hard console (maybe SNES?) game and an impossibly hard open-world PC game where you stated at your own tits for health and contorted your arm inside out to aim guns one-handed.
bluefire579
AG
There's a roller coaster tycoon type one called Jurassic Park Evolution that's decent. I believe the dinosaurs fighting one might be a mobile game...I downloaded it a while back but never really played it.
MGS
Decay said:

Has anyone played Jurassic Park games? My kid has been watching dinos fight on youtube and it looks like it's from a PC game but you know how hit-or-miss a movie game can be.

The only ones I remember were like, an impossibly hard console (maybe SNES?) game and an impossibly hard open-world PC game where you stated at your own tits for health and contorted your arm inside out to aim guns one-handed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.