*** JURASSIC PARK/WORLD FRANCHISE ***

72,617 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Exact same team, unfortunately. Colin Trevorrow wrote and directed JW, and wrote (but didn't direct) JW2. He's back writing and directing this one.
Thunder18
AG
TCTTS said:

Exact same team, unfortunately. Colin Trevorrow wrote and directed JW, and wrote (but didn't direct) JW2. He's back writing and directing this one.

It truly boggles the mind
double aught
AG
Jurassic World is a good movie. It's no JP, obviously. But it's fun.
Goro Majima
AG
JW2 was basically his baby. A lot of the time, directors don't get total control over their productions.
TCTTS
AG
Yes and no. It was definitely his baby in the sense that he wrote it, produced it, and created the world/characters/etc. But J. A. Bayona isn't one of those push-over directors for hire. His movies have a fairly distinct tone/look/vision, and now Amazon is intrusting him to head up their massive Lord of the Rings series as a follow up. That, and remember, Trevorrow was (somehow) hired to write and direct Episode IX, and was off writing/developing that movie once Bayona took the reins. I'm sure Trevorrow was constantly checking in and visiting set, etc during that time, but Boyega had more authorship than you might think.
Goro Majima
AG
TCTTS said:

Yes and no. It was definitely his baby in the sense that he wrote it, produced it, and created the world/characters/etc. But J. A. Bayona isn't one of those push-over directors for hire. His movies have a fairly distinct tone/look/vision, and now Amazon is intrusting him to head up their massive Lord of the Rings series as a follow up. That, and remember, Trevorrow was (somehow) hired to write and direct Episode IX, and was off writing/developing that movie once Bayona took the reins. I'm sure Trevorrow was constantly checking in and visiting set, etc during that time, but Boyega had more authorship than you might think.
What I mean is that the story and creative direction was mostly Trevorrow. From my understanding, creatively, Bayona was told to color in the outline. Now HOW he colored in ... that was entirely him. But the somewhat weak story was all Trevorrow.
YouBet
AG
Rooting for the dinosaurs to just absolutely annihilate human life. And then it ends with similar scene as JP1 with T Rex roaring, but this time he's standing on a 20 ft high mound of human bones.

Because then that would set up JP4 where we discover a small pocket of humans have survived and the next 26 movies tell their tale of survival and clawing their way back to global dominance.
TCTTS
AG
Definitely in agreement with you there. Sorry, I didn't mean to take any blame off of Trevorrow, just saying that Bayona wasn't blameless either...
TCTTS
AG
YouBet said:

Rooting for the dinosaurs to just absolutely annihilate human life. And then it ends with similar scene as JP1 with T Rex roaring, but this time he's standing on a 20 ft high mound of human bones.

Because then that would set up JP4 where we discover a small pocket of humans have survived and the next 26 movies tell their tale of survival and clawing their way back to global dominance.

We had a big discussion about this idea a while back in a previous thread, and yeah, taking the Jurassic franchise post-apocalyptic after this seems like the only viable route. It would take a HUGE suspension of disbelief to have dinosaurs somehow actually take back the planet (you'd almost have to do some kind of virus-like subplot similar to the latest Planet of the Apes trilogy), but honestly, it would be so worth it. Pockets of humanity trying to survive a post-apocalyptic world overrun with dinosaurs could be so much fun.
Goro Majima
AG
Nah dude, if anything, Bayona's vision and style made the most out of Trevorrow's weak story.
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

YouBet said:

We had a big discussion about this idea a while back in a previous thread, and yeah, taking the Jurassic franchise post-apocalyptic after this seems like the only viable route. It would take a HUGE suspension of disbelief to have dinosaurs somehow actually take back the planet (you'd almost have to do some kind of virus-like subplot similar to the latest Planet of the Apes trilogy), but honestly, it would be so worth it. Pockets of humanity trying to survive a post-apocalyptic world overrun with dinosaurs could be so much fun.
Ha. Like minds.
TCTTS
AG
Ok, man. Good gosh.

But the fact the Boyega even agreed to direct that script and support its vision makes him an accomplice.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hoping they bring back tea leoni from Jp3 as and have her eaten by a velociraptor. Her surviving that film was very disappointing. Also like to see Newman as a dinosaur force ghost
Goro Majima
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Hoping they bring back tea leoni from Jp3 as and have her eaten by a velociraptor. Her surviving that film was very disappointing. Also like to see Newman as a dinosaur force ghost
ERIC! BEN!

DR. GRANT SAYS THAT'S A BAD IDEA.

WHAT'S A BAD IDEA?

ROOAAAARRRR
AMW2010
AG
Love bringing back the trio... a part of me wants them to get eaten... and another part of me agrees with the above that it's a Dino planet now... and then that reminds me on the n64 game... Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
LHIOB
AG
I finished reading JP while traveling this week. Such an awesome book.
jeffk
AG
Jurassic World 8: Rise of Turok.
TCTTS
AG
Kind of crazy seeing someone you know getting cast in something like this (have hung out with her a couple times - she's a friend of a friend)...

https://deadline.com/2019/10/jurassic-world-3-lands-dewanda-wise-1202763633/
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Kind of crazy seeing someone you know getting cast in something like this (have hung out with her a couple times - she's a friend of a friend)...

I met chuck Norris one time
WoMD
MuckRaker96 said:

TCTTS said:

I met chuck Norris one time

I met Lyle Lovett once.

Am I doing this right...?
TCTTS
AG

https://collider.com/jurassic-world-3-justice-smith-daniella-pineda-return/
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
here's hoping they are eaten in the first 9 seconds.
AliasMan02
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I have almost no recollection of the movie, I realize. No idea who these people are or what characters they played.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
AliasMan02 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I have almost no recollection of the movie, I realize. No idea who these people are or what characters they played.
The guy was the "dude" who screamed like a little girl whenever he saw a toothy dinosaur.
The gal was a tatted hippy type who was apparently really good at biological/life sciences type stuff.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jake-johnson-omar-sy-return-new-jurassic-world-movie-1279316
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
Hmmm. For what Pratt recently described as the "Endgame" of the franchise - i.e. a huge, blow-out finale in which everyone is coming back (including the original cast) - that's a pretty lackluster/passive title. Fallen Kingdom was a crap movie but it at least had a somewhat memorable title.
TXAG 05
AG
AliasMan02 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Same here. If those people were in the movie, great, but have no recollection of them in it, or really much of the movie at all. A
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Should've gone with Jurassic World: Jurassic Park.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'd pay $500 for a ticket if there's a secret cameo with Sam Jackson as one-armed John Arnold who has become a paranoid schizophrenic jumping at shadows convinced everything is the raptor that tore his arm off. And when he gets back to the island or wherever with everyone else, he has a dinosaur-hunting combination bazooka/purple lightsaber that has bad motherf****er written on it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Does he have a barely-lit cigarette butt hanging out of his mouth though?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.