*** JURASSIC PARK/WORLD FRANCHISE ***

72,546 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sea Speed said:

I did see that in 3d. There were like 3 scenes that were cool but the movie was terrible, but let's not derail this thread.

The 3D was objectively fantastic on that movie considering it was filmed and built from the ground up with 3D in mind.

But agree, let's not derail.
Cromagnum
AG
This movie...

Juan Solo
AG
I thought Ian was going to go out a hero redirecting the t rex away from everyone else
TyHolden
AG
Cromagnum said:

This movie...

great correlation....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sea Speed
AG
c-jags
Sea Speed said:

I've never seen a 3d movie that was worth it.

I don't care for it (compared to the praise it got) but Avatar in 3D was good.

I also saw Dr. Strange 1 in 3D and that was fun. I don't use, but if feel like that movie in 3D while high would have been a lot of fun.
YellowPot_97
AG
That was dumb.
The Porkchop Express
My biggest problem was why the Mosaurus was being friends with the whales at the end. It's going to attack a fishing boat for a few pounds of crabs, but not devour two massive lunches?
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, the "living in harmony" montage at the end was so overly sentimental, to the point of ridiculousness. I like ending on that basic montage/idea, but there were a million less ridiculous situations to convey it.
TCTTS
AG
That said, the more time passes, the more I kind of sort of liked the movie overall? Or, rather, it's getting incrementally less worse?
BoydCrowder13
There was no saving the franchise after the atrocity of Fallen Kingdom. This was a mess and a bad movie but kind of entertaining if you kept your expectations low.

They jumped the shark when they moved into human cloning and auctioning off dinosaurs for a couple million to mustache twirling billionaires.
YellowPot_97
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

My biggest problem was why the Mosaurus was being friends with the whales at the end. It's going to attack a fishing boat for a few pounds of crabs, but not devour two massive lunches?

How did it end up in the ocean to start with?? It was in a swimming pool on an exploding volcano.
TyHolden
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

helloimustbegoing said:

How did it end up in the ocean to start with?? It was in a swimming pool on an exploding volcano.
come on....

YellowPot_97
AG
Bugs flying forever while on fire
Most valuable girl in the world is left alone with an all access Fitbit just sitting on the table
Claire went from cooperate suit of multi billion dollar company to eco-terrorist
The company safety plan is bringing all the Dino's to the front lobby
Survive a plane crash without a scratch
Blue just happens to live in the woods around Owen's cabin
Mazy's mom wanted a kid but figured it would be easier to clone herself instead of just going to a bar and getting laid
They kept talking about the ecological disaster of the locust, but never mentioned the ecological impacts of DINOSAURS all over the planet
The dinosaurs were cool and my 8 year old loved it. But the whole thing was silly
TyHolden
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

Most valuable girl in the world is left alone with an all access Fitbit just sitting on the table
Claire went from cooperate suit of multi billion dollar company to eco-terrorist
Mazy's mom wanted a kid but figured it would be easier to clone herself instead of just going to a bar and getting laid
They kept talking about the ecological disaster of the locust, but never mentioned the ecological impacts of DINOSAURS all over the planet
The dinosaurs were cool and my 8 year old loved it. But the whole thing was silly

lol - I agree with all of this
Urban Ag
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

My wife and I literally LOL'd so loud in the last couple of minutes that people in front of us turned around and looked and our 13 year old got embarrassed. And the Pterodactyls flying off the lake in harmony with ducks (no stupid they would be eating them). If this were real life, we could blame inflation on dinosaurs eating the domestic meat supply and locusts wrecking the farms. It's not my fault! - /current US POTUS (either party).

As Yellowpot noted , bio-engineered locusts equal end of the world. 100 species of dinosaurs roaming the planet, well we'll just learn to co-exist. LMAO. I can't believe Spielberg allowed his name in the credits.

Like the last film, the most fun was simply not taking it seriously and laughing at it. Some of the action sequences were good for sure. But this is just an all time high of incredibly ridiculous film making. And frankly, it's a massive steamer on the world that Chrichton so brilliantly created.
TCTTS
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

My personal favorite was ejecting Claire into a dinosaur-infested forest, miles from the Biosyn labs, so she could be the one to rescue clone girl, only for Owen and the pilot to crash land, not a scratch on them, basically AT the labs.
boogieman
AG
Well that was boring.

I was deceived into thinking this would be a movie dealing predominantly with how a world is dealing with dinosaurs being a part of life, Instead I got a James Bond imitation plot with dinosaurs stuck in the background .

The main villain looked and sounded like Tim Cook from Apple. I wonder if that was on purpose.

They really were going out of their way to cover up Bryce Dallas Howard, weren't they.

So dinosaurs roaming the earth aren't going to wreck the food chain on earth? We're going to just coexist?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

helloimustbegoing said:

At the beginning of the last one, they sent in a group to recover remains of the indoraptor that the mosasaur grabbed off the dock at the end of the first movie. Something happened to the gate that kept the mosasaur in the lagoon, and it didn't close fully. That's how it got out. If memory serves.
#FJB
YellowPot_97
AG
TCTTS said:

YellowPot_97 said:

My personal favorite was ejecting Claire into a dinosaur-infested forest, miles from the Biosyn labs, so she could be the one to rescue clone girl, only for Owen and the pilot to crash land, not a scratch on them, basically AT the labs.

Like you said miles apart, yet they end up at the same tree house in the middle of the Dino forest without the kid. And then the three OGs rescue the kid and end up at the exact same treehouse.
The whole thing was just dumb and lazy.
The Porkchop Express
A few things I did really like about the movie

1) The use of the piano version of the JP theme for Grant & Sattler's reunion. They played it when Sattler and Hammond are eating ice cream during the original film.

2) What I can only assume was an in-joke by the director when Malcolm says, "Jurassic World? Yeah, not a fan."

3) The Trikes and the elephants in the last shot - my favorite dinosaur and my favorite animal

4) Pretty much anything with the original 3. Once their storyline started, I ceased caring about Starlord and company and I do love me some Starlord in most instances.

5) How disgusting the locusts were. If I saw one of those things on my fence I would not approach it without a flamethrower.

6) Malcolm's lecture on wielding technology to the young Biosyn employees.

7) The fact that Biosyn's CEO got taken out the same way Nedry did, while also in possession of the Barbasol can.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Never thought I would say this. JP3 was a genuinely better movie
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Iowaggie
AG
AMW2010 said:

Just got out a little while ago.

I actually really liked it a lot.
I have 3 large gripes. I did not like the CGI Dino's at the start, I was taking to myself this does not look good, but then it got better. I did not like how easily characters got from point A to point B so effortlessly and always knew what to do. My last gripe was the end battle, it just happened, and then it was over… like really quickly.

For me it was a perfect mixture of Park & World cast members and Maisie was the glue that connected them all together.

I also thought it was a great wrap of 6 movies. If you look at the Jurassic movies not about Dinosaurs, BUT as a movie about genetics where Dino's are the byproduct then this 6th movie to me makes so much for senses.

Watching the Camp Cretaceous shows on Netflix helps fill in the gaps with all of Biosyn

The dilophosaurus for me stole the show in every scene they were in. And when I first heard their noise I was like oh heck yea!!!

My 10 y.o. loves this show and gets more excited about a release of a new season then me for the start of football season. She loves JP and JW, so she loved the movie, and I just had to keep telling myself, "suspension of disbelief" over several of the more predictable parts. Kids will like the movie.
The Collective
AG
Sea Speed said:

I've never seen a 3d movie that was worth it.

I thought Grendel's mother in 3-D was worth the price of admission for Beowulf. I literally can't recall anything else about the movie though.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Wife and I are watching it and enjoying it. Favorite part is when they're at the original visitors center and talking about Hammond.
fire09
AG
Likely the worst movie of all 6. Runtime was too long, and so many storylines that just couldn't capture interest due to lack of development and closure. Trying to overlook that because of nostalgia, callbacks or cg dinosaurs just proved too much. Sad, slow played death of a great movie that's 30 years old.
TCTTS
AG
Philip J Fry
AG
I leaned over half way through the movie and whispered to my wife "Uhhhh, excuse me, this movie does have DINOSAURS in it? "

Plot was all over the place and generally horrible.
SJEAg
AG
Looks like it took quite the drop this Friday. Think TG may be passing it back up in a week or so.
TCTTS
AG
Something I just heard on a podcast that is so emblematic of how dumb/inconsistent this movie is...

Besides the obvious logic reasons I stated earlier as to why the entire sequence is terrible, when Claire ejects and Owen/De crash land... the water reserve is obviously FROZEN at the damn, and there's SNOW everywhere, but then, where Claire is - just a few miles away, if that - it's basically a TROPICAL climate, and not at all cold, where Claire has zero issue going under water to hide from that one dinosaur. Never mind the fact that Owen never dries off after swimming in freezing cold water, the entire logic of that whole sequence/area is just so lazy and so dumb.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SJEAg said:

Looks like it took quite the drop this Friday. Think TG may be passing it back up in a week or so.

Still a solid hold on the weekend overall though, especially considering the reviews and going up against Lightyear. (-61%)
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I mean I don't want to defend this movie, but I think the climate change is due to altitude. It's a valley surrounded by mountains, so the climate in the valley is different. Obviously that is a huge change but \_()_/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah that didn't bug me. Driving up to Ruidoso one time, the climate literally went from warm desert to snow covered pines in a matter of about 2 minutes.
TCTTS
AG
On screen, it didn't appear to be *that* much of an elevation change, but I guess I can accept that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.