*** JURASSIC PARK/WORLD FRANCHISE ***

72,612 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by TCTTS
The Shank Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would be cool but I doubt that dino-reproduction for such a limited amount of each species could have that be possible without humans being able to eradicate them all.

10-12 of each species spread across the state/country/continent doesn't seem like much of a threat to repopulate the earth fast enough before they could be killed.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The Shank Ag said:

Would be cool but I doubt that dino-reproduction for such a limited amount of each species could have that be possible without humans being able to eradicate them all.

10-12 of each species spread across the state/country/continent doesn't seem like much of a threat to repopulate the earth fast enough before they could be killed.
True, in a coldly logical way.

But this is a movie series where dinosaurs have been brought back to life. I can excuse the illogic of the limited numbers somehow eradicating humanity ...
ChimbosAg
AG
Grimey said:

The first trilogy was Jurassic Park.

The second trilogy is Jurassic World.

The next trilogy must be.....Jurassic Universe! DINOS IN SPAAAAAAAACE!

Can't wait to see raptors flying
redline248
AG
Is this "original cast" news similar to how Jeff Goldbloom was used in the last movie? "Hey everyone, come see the original cast in our new Jurassic movie *fine print - they each get 2 total mins of screen time*"

Also, is it just me or did they completely shelve Pratt in the last movie. Here, do a lot of stuff, but don't ever actually say much.
Urban Ag
AG
redline248 said:

Is this "original cast" news similar to how Jeff Goldbloom was used in the last movie? "Hey everyone, come see the original cast in our new Jurassic movie *fine print - they each get 2 total mins of screen time*"

Also, is it just me or did they completely shelve Pratt in the last movie. Here, do a lot of stuff, but don't ever actually say much.
Laura Dern will show up with Malcolm and Grant in tow and absolutely read the riot act to Pratt for being so reckless and arrogant in allowing the dinosaurs to escape. From there she'll take over the entire team tasked with containing the dinos by implementing a plan that she never really explains the purpose of. Eventually she'll have to sacrifice herself taking out a T-Rex to give the rest of the team the ability to flee (because her plan sucked and once revealed made absolutely no sense). When all seems lost, Dallas Bryce-Carter and her former assistant will show up in a beat to sh** range rover and rescue what remains of the team. As the heroes drive away, silently reflecting on the fact that almost their entire force was killed and they're no closer to containing the dinos than they were when they started - joking - they'll laugh and hug and celebrate!
israeliag
AG
Can we just give the reins over to Rupert Wyatt and/or Matt Reeves? Just do with Dinosaurs what they did with apes.
Carlo4
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

My favorite idea of which would be if the dinosaurs actually "won" at the end of this one, eventually took over the planet, and all movies from here on out are basically post-apocalyptic/human survival movies.
This.

I believe this has been discussed on another thread. Every time I watch Fallen Kingdom, I watch it through this lens, that is, of a movie leading toward some kind of ultimate dinosaur victory. I actually enjoyed Fallen Kingdom largely because it did seem like they are setting up exactly that. Now, I fully expect to be disappointed - Hollywood does that so often, it seems, as I don't really believe the filmmakers will have the balls to put out a movie wherein humanity is largely wiped out or that the leads are eaten.

Love the idea.... however, the world ends because some teenager couldn't let them die in a facility?!?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

LMy favorite idea of which would be if the dinosaurs actually "won" at the end of this one, eventually took over the planet, and all movies from here on out are basically post-apocalyptic/human survival movies.
This.

I believe this has been discussed on another thread. Every time I watch Fallen Kingdom, I watch it through this lens, that is, of a movie leading toward some kind of ultimate dinosaur victory. I actually enjoyed Fallen Kingdom largely because it did seem like they are setting up exactly that. Now, I fully expect to be disappointed - Hollywood does that so often, it seems, as I don't really believe the filmmakers will have the balls to put out a movie wherein humanity is largely wiped out or that the leads are eaten.

Love the idea.... however, the world ends because some teenager couldn't let them die in a facility?!?
Sure. That kid was a clone herself.
mazag08
AG
TCTTS said:

There's a way to express that opinion without calling everyone "idiots," but yeah, just for the record, again, I seriously doubt this final installment will be any good. I don't think anyone here is expecting much. I'm just saying that the original cast coming back and teaming up with Pratt/Howard could go a long way toward covering up Colin Trevorrow's general incompetence, but I doubt it.

Trevorrow wrote and directed the first Jurassic World, only wrote Fallen Kingdom, was hired to write/direct Star Wars: Episode IX, but was fired after delivering his draft, and was then hired to return to write/direct this JW installment. In between all of that, he wrote and directed another movie - The Book of Henry - that was one of the most panned movies of the past five years. In other words, the guy clearly doesn't have a great track record, but who knows, maybe he final delivers on the potential Spielberg originally saw in him.
Ya I wasn't defending the namecalling.. more pointing out that I was right.
mazag08
AG
Grimey said:

The first trilogy was Jurassic Park.

The second trilogy is Jurassic World.

The next trilogy must be.....Jurassic Universe! DINOS IN SPAAAAAAAACE!
Jurassic Universe - Men In Black

All along the dinosaurs were aliens hellbent on destroying earth. Only the retired Agent J can save the day with the help of his two new idiot partners who are banking off their popularity from other movies.
mazag08
AG
Or.. during the ending of Godzilla vs King Kong - we get an after credits scene of Jurrasic World dinosaurs shooting out of a volcano.. and Pacific Rim robots rising out of the ocean to fight them.
Daveintx
Biggest problem for me with the last was it didn't even feel like a jp.. time to reboot and follow the book better this time
PatAg
AG
With the tech we have, it would be interesting to see some of Crichton's books get remade into movies
TXAG 05
AG
PatAg said:

With the tech we have, it would be interesting to see some of Crichton's books get remade into movies

Sphere should be first. Then a Lost World that half way followed the book. Terminal Man or Prey would be good too.
Philo B 93
This explains a lot for me. I never knew why I didn't finish JW2: Fallen Kingdom. I thought it just wasn't grabbing me at that moment. Turns out it sucks.

Is that the same thing that happened to me with the new "Independence Day"?

I hate not finishing movies that I assume must be good.
redline248
AG
JW2 was a total mess.
HvilleAggie
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

PatAg said:

Sphere should be first. Then a Lost World that half way followed the book. Terminal Man or Prey would be good too.
Prey or Micro would be awesome with modern SFX
TXAG 05
AG
Micro would be fun, since it's like a Honey I Shrunk the Kids for adults.
hurleyag
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Micro would be fun, since it's like a Honey I Shrunk the Kids for adults.
Wasn't that the 3rd sequel? Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves
Goro Majima
AG
Jurassic Park/World is one of my two favorite franchises along with Godzilla. Therefore I unconditionally love anything they put out (even if it's objectively not that good).
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

My favorite idea of which would be if the dinosaurs actually "won" at the end of this one, eventually took over the planet, and all movies from here on out are basically post-apocalyptic/human survival movies.
This.

It's been foreshadowed since the first movie.

God creates dinosaurs.
God destroys dinosaurs.
God creates man.
Man destroys God.
Man creates dinosaurs.
Dinosaurs eat man, woman inherits the Earth.

We're going full liberal, social justice warrior for the final trilogy. This thing is going to end with Malcolm's daughter killing the leader of the Raptor Rebellion and taking over as it's Alpha.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Cinco Ranch Aggie
TCTTS
AG
So... some kind of Jurassic World "short film" called Battle at Big Rock, directed by Colin Trevorrow (writer/director of JW, writer of JW: FK), is premiering on FX this Sunday night. And this isn't some rinky-dink production either, as it boasts a super legit cast, writer, cinematographer, and composer. What, exactly, this is, why the surprise, and why an NBC/Universal property is premiering on a Fox network, I have no idea. This is such a random (and kind of cool?) announcement, but we'll apparently find out a bit more tomorrow...

http://collider.com/jurassic-world-short-film-colin-trevorrow-fx/

LHIOB
AG
I was at a buddies house and his 10 year old was reading JP. I went home and dusted off my copy and Im about 100 pages in. Ive read it 10 or so times.

Im going to read Sphere for the 10ish time next.

Crichton is such a force. Id love to see his books taken on in a mini-series format by HBO. A new book every year over 10 episodes. Can you imagine Sphere told without cutting corners?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
LHIOB said:

I was at a buddies house and his 10 year old was reading JP. I went home and dusted off my copy and Im about 100 pages in. Ive read it 10 or so times.

Crichton is such a force. Id love to see his books taken on in a mini-series format by HBO. A new book every year over 10 episodes. Can you imagine Sphere told without cutting corners?
I could read the parts about how the computer system works in JP every day and not get bored.

I read Sphere and went to see it with a buddy. He had no idea what was going on and I had about a 3% idea of what was going on. Bizarre.
TXAG 05
AG
LHIOB said:

This. Can't tell you how many times I've read JP. Every time I read it, it is just as great and thrilling as the first time.

For that short film, if that really a "super legit cast?" Never heard of any of them, had to look them all up.
Decay
AG
Y'all are making me remember the bewilderment and thrill of reading Crichton's novels. "The B-8 problem" in Congo, the expanding fractal through each chapter of Jurassic Park, the pH level in Andromeda Strain, Sphere, etc etc. Just wonderful.
LHIOB
AG
Congo was such a great book. I was sick in the hospital in high school and read it in a day. Then read it again the next day.

Thats another book that would make an amazing mini-series.
TCTTS
AG
So this might actually be kind of cool. It's an eight-minute short that takes place a year after Fallen Kingdom. Almost like a coda to the last movie or a little prequel to the next movie, showing a dinosaur attack on a family camping at "Big Rock National Park, about 20 miles from where the last film ended." In other words, with the dinosaurs now loose in the world, this is one of the first attacks out in the wild. Again, it premieres on FX this Sunday night (they still haven't said a time for some reason), but it'll be online immediately after...

http://collider.com/jurassic-world-short-film-colin-trevorrow-interview/#jurassic-world-3
TCTTS
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

LHIOB said:

This. Can't tell you how many times I've read JP. Every time I read it, it is just as great and thrilling as the first time.

For that short film, if that really a "super legit cast?" Never heard of any of them, had to look them all up.

Andre Holland starred in Moonlight, which one Best Picture in 2017, was in Selma, which was nominated for Best Picture in 2015, and was the lead in High Flying Bird earlier this year, one of Netflix's most high-profile movies to date, directed by Steven Soderbergh. He was also the second lead on The Knick on Cinemax, one of the best series of the past few years, and is the star of Castle Rock on Hulu. Granted, he's not a mega star, but If you've never heard of him, that's on you. Dude is absolutely "legit."

As for Natalie Martinez, she's not nearly as big of a name, and I can understand having never heard her, but she's definitely an up-and-coming film and TV actress who's been in a ton of stuff.
TXAG 05
AG
I get what you are saying, never seen any of those. I thought Castle Rock was on Hulu instead of prime so I'll watch that since I like Stephen King.
TCTTS
AG
You're right. It's Hulu.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Moonlight - totally forgot I saw that movie. Confusing.
TCTTS
AG
Reminder. 6:50 PM PT / 8:50 PM CT. Will apparently be online immediately after...

hurleyag
AG
I missed it. Was it good?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.