*** JURASSIC PARK/WORLD FRANCHISE ***

72,545 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They also CLONED A HUMAN BEING and it was like the tenth most important thing in the movie (and it looks like they brought her back for this one).

But yeah, I can't figure out where all these dinos are coming from.

Here for it, though. Regretfully.
The Porkchop Express
Sex Panther said:

The second one is one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. And I'm still not sure how the earth is overrun with all kinds of dinosaurs because 20 of them escaped a black-market, dinosaur, weapons auction (Jesus Christ... that was the actual plot)... but damn if this doesn't look awesome
And aren't they auctioning the dinosaurs for like $20 million? That's like a decent middle infielder price.
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

They also CLONED A HUMAN BEING and it was like the tenth most important thing in the movie (and it looks like they brought her back for this one).

One of his best

wangus12
AG
Them dinosaurs have 65 million years of love making to make up for. They'll put rabbits to shame
TCTTS
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

TCTTS said:

One of his best

That was incredible. And you can tell he has a particular seething dislike of this one more than just about any of the other movies he mocks.
Jack Ruby
Clearly I'm in the minority here, but this movie looks downright awful.

Reminds me of The Many Saints of Newark. Just pure fan service and nothing else.
TCTTS
AG
I think most of us are expecting awful. Just that it'll be *fun* awful. I'm so far past the point of caring about them adhering to any kind of basic story logic that merely seeing dinosaurs rampage across America, as senseless as it might be, could actually be pretty cool.
Jack Ruby
I totally get why the studios do it- this will gross a billion dollars at least. I just can't watch an action movie that doesn't have at least a halfway compelling storyline to it.

Then again I love the Jackass movies so to each their own I suppose.
double aught
AG
Jurassic World was a solid, fun movie. There is still hope.
Jack Ruby

I just can't help think of this scene from South Park when I see a trailer like that.
Max Power
AG
Sex Panther said:

The second one is one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. And I'm still not sure how the earth is overrun with all kinds of dinosaurs because 20 of them escaped a black-market, dinosaur, weapons auction (Jesus Christ... that was the actual plot)... but damn if this doesn't look awesome
I feel like that's the true test, if after you see it, and then the written plot is more ridiculous, it has to be watched. Someone could watch the movie and believe it to be an action drama, that sentence clearly demonstrates the films true comedic intent.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Matt_ag98
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hey JJ...

I seriously would have forgiven so many sins of the sequel trilogy if TFA simply had that same basic shot with Luke, Leia, and Han all sharing the frame together, one last time, even if only fleetingly. And there was literally no reason they couldn't. Instead, in one of the most bone-headed decisions in all of modern blockbuster movie-making, for some asinine reason, they actively CHOSE not to.

They couldn't damnit! Luke was away and sad because he almost murdered his nephew during the middle of the night remember!
Matt_ag98
k20dub said:

My 4 year old is OBSESSED with dinosaurs right now. He watches all the Jurassic World kid stuff on Netflix. Anyone know a way of watching the Jurassic Park movies without all the violence? Longshot, I know.

I told my wife that I think I watched the Jurassic Park movies when I was pretty young and she said, not at 4.

It is indeed tough, the wife and I thought our 4 year old was asleep so decided to flip on Jurassic Park and the next morning my son was saying "shoot her...shoot her!!!" so you would have to skip even the beginning of the movie lol
Max Power
AG
Jurassic Park is one of the movies from my childhood that has completely held up into my own daughter's childhood. It's one of the movies that I can remember vividly what theater I went to, and who I was with at the time, it's imprinted on me. The original is one of my all time favorites, it doesn't feel dated to me other than the Ford Explorers and computers, the visual effects are still enjoyable. My daughter loves it, it totally holds up. She's also a fan of the Back to the Future films, it's nice to be able to share those with her. All the sequels feel like they've acknowledged the original is untouchable so they have permission to go off the rails with the story.

And I'm totally going to see this silly film as well, I'm getting Roland Emmerich vibes off it and I love all his end of the world movies for their silliness.
Gigem314
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

TCTTS said:

One of his best

Just once I'd love to see Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool go back and forth on one of these.
Thunder18
AG
Max Power said:

Jurassic Park is one of the movies from my childhood that has completely held up into my own daughter's childhood. It's one of the movies that I can remember vividly what theater I went to, and who I was with at the time, it's imprinted on me. The original is one of my all time favorites, it doesn't feel dated to me other than the Ford Explorers and computers, the visual effects are still enjoyable. My daughter loves it, it totally holds up. She's also a fan of the Back to the Future films, it's nice to be able to share those with her. All the sequels feel like they've acknowledged the original is untouchable so they have permission to go off the rails with the story.

And I'm totally going to see this silly film as well, I'm getting Roland Emmerich vibes off it and I love all his end of the world movies for their silliness.

Same here, I was 7 when JP was released and now have a 5 and 3 year old daughters who both love watching the original. Oddly enough, my 5 year old won't finish Camp Cretaceous because it's "too scary" but has no qualms whatsoever about anything in JP
The Porkchop Express
I played the trailer for the fam before school/work today and when it was done, I said, "Raise your hand if you want to go see it with me."

Kid #1 - raises hand

Kid #2 - raises hand

Wife - What have you done to them?
jorgerr96

This trailer confirms a lot of the info that was leaked last year was right, so I am pretty excited for the movie after all. Trailer doesn't reveal much.
TCTTS
AG
The Collective
AG
The trailer felt so familiar. Decided the structure and music (at least before it launches into force theme remixed) remind me a lot of the Rise of Skywalker trailer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ironically I've had the opposite issue with LOTR.

The original trilogy had a more "historical" look, where it looked like it could've taken place in our world. The Hobbit movies and now the new series look very colorful and saturated. I get that it's fantasy but it doesn't need to look that fantastical imo. Too much.

I wish movie series would just stick to one choice of cinematography.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I Have Spoken said:

The trailer felt so familiar. Decided the structure and music (at least before it launches into force theme remixed) remind me a lot of the Rise of Skywalker trailer.

No matter how the movie actually turned out (personally I think the movie was decent but it is not compelling enough to watch over and over again), that trailer was fantastic.
The Collective
AG
It was a great trailer. Even the Palps hint in the trailer was interesting, but then we got... "Palpatine is back", and I remember sitting in the the theater thinking, oh no - that's all they got.

Oh well - sorry for the hijack. Back to dinos.
The Porkchop Express

Sam Neil thought they were doing 1-2-3 SMILE, but everyone else smiled on 3.
The Porkchop Express
Tons of new info on the new movie from Empire.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/jurassic-world-dominions-huge-new-dinosaur-the-giga-is-like-the-joker-says-colin-trevorrow-exclusive-image/

The description of the new "bad dinosaur" sounds comically bad by the way.

It's called the Giganotosaurus but for short, it's known as the 'Giga'.

This one isn't a genetic hybrid like the Indominus and the Indoraptor it's a scientifically-documented giant of the Late Cretaceous period. But like its scaly brethren, it's none too pleased to find itself roaming around in the modern day. "I wanted something that felt like the Joker," teases writer-director Colin Trevorrow of the Giga. "It just wants to watch the world burn." As you'll see in the above world-exclusive image from Empire's upcoming Jurassic World Dominion blowout issue, the Giga is set to cause havoc for the film's epic human cast including returning World protagonists Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) and Owen Grady (Chris Pratt); original Park trio Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum), Alan Grant (Sam Neill), and Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern); plus clone-girl Maisie (Isabella Sermon) and newcomer Kayla (DeWanda Wise).

I believe the Giganotosaurus also holds 1,000 as much memory as its cousin, the Megabytosaurus.

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

I believe the Giganotosaurus also holds 1,000 as much memory as its cousin, the Megabytosaurus.
Okay, that's funny.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

"I wanted something that felt like the Joker," teases writer-director Colin Trevorrow of the Giga. "It just wants to watch the world burn."

If you're Trevorrow, even if for some insane reason this was your actual intention, at least have the decency to not say it out loud. Good gosh that sounds bad. Also, when will they ever realize that we don't need some dumb new big-bad dino for each new installment. Just give us new situations and new environments, with all the usual dinos we know and love. Maybe, every so often, give them a bit more intelligence or something, but that's it. On paper, dinosaurs-in-a-mansion was actually a pretty fun idea for the last one. But we didn't need it to be some super raptor hybrid thing or whatever the hell that was. Normal raptors would have been perfectly fine.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is this movie untitled?

Neither the trailer or the poster have shown a title. I get that the logo itself is iconic but still, weird choice.
MGS
Umm, the Jurassic was a period, not an era.
Sapper Redux
TCTTS said:

So there's going to be a mild extinction event brought on by shifting continents and climate change? Kind of dull, but that is how the Jurassic era ended.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Alan Grant turned into Indiana Jones?

"Dinosaurs belong in a museum!"
Thanks and gig'em
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MGS said:

Umm, the Jurassic was a period, not an era.
And I'm pretty sure there are dinosaurs in these movies that did not actually exist in the Jurassic period, but perhaps the Triassic or the Cretaceous.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.