*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,303 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
Robert C. Christian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

- Ace Ventura cosplay guy kidnapping the King. During one of his monologues I expected Shiva to save the day
I thought having David Koresh on this week was an odd way to cross promote 'Waco'.
H6RBW
AG
Quote:

I haven't liked this season, but I liked this episode.

Same here, though I did roll my eyes a bit at the car chase and didn't understand Shiva's death.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Shiva death should have involved Negan. It felt very much "we're kind of tired of working this lame CGI tiger into scenes, so we're just gonna pull the plug right here".
toucan82
Whoa.... Shiva was CGI?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Shiva died saving Zeke from walkers in the comics too. Much better done though. No toxic mess and no people helping him. He was toast, Shiva saved him, no monolog while looking back.

So they decided to keep the comic dorks (like me) happy, while spicing it up for TV. And, naturally, it fell flat.
Aggie Infantry
AG
1. A .50cal against a Jeep Wrangler. There would be nothing left of the Jeep. I know...

2. No empty brass being ejected.

3. No recoil from shooting.

4. What about that severe ammo shortage they were worried about (Eugene was to solve by making rounds)?
Centerpole90
AG
Serious question from a non-comic dork.

I used to care enough to spoiler protect the plot line but as the production quality has waned I stopped caring. So I read up a little on the plot. Where do you get the comics? Back issues? Are they available online? Is a volume about the equivalent to an episode, or season? How often are they published?

I may just read at my leuisure and salvage the tune I have invested in a tv series I seem to be losing interest in.
Sq1dvm
AG
I got them off Amazon in big bound graphic novels. Think there's 20 or so issues in a volume, I'll check when I get home today. Not sure how many are out, but I have the first 3 volumes and it is beyond where the show is now.
SeattleAgJr
All Out War storyline (The one we are in now) is volumes 20/21 of the comic series.(issues 115-126)
Sq1dvm
AG
The collected volumes are called "compendiums" and have about 50 issues each in them.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I get the "books"; their cross-reference ot the comics isn't easily accessible, but I THINK each has ~10-14 individual comics included. Book 14 just came out in October; they were coming out every ~6 months, but since the show started, has slowed to once a year.

Jesus is the highlighted guy. Just a bit different than the show version.
H6RBW
AG
Quote:

Ace Ventura cosplay guy
CDub06
AG
Y'all's liberal use of the C word is making a lot of people uncomfortable.
hurleyag
AG
I don't even think anyone cares anymore.
DannyDuberstein
AG
hurleyag said:

I don't even think anyone cares anymore.
Agree with this.
H6RBW
AG
Quote:

There is a lot less dialog, which is helpful. But when the show got started up, the quality of the comic went way down. And now the show is caught up to that low-point in the source material.
Has the quality of the comics rebounded since that dip?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

Has the quality of the comics rebounded since that dip?
I haven't read Book 14 yet, but yes. It isn't as good as it was in the beginning, but better. Hope the show can capture the same rebound.

Both series need an end. A goal to work towards. Not having one is highly problematic.
Clavell
AG
Not sure what an end would look like. Even if they discover a cure that killed the zombies as well prevent all humans from becoming zombies the show is really about the battle between human "tribes".
Centerpole90
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Both series need an end. A goal to work towards. Not having one is highly problematic.
This will be the undoing of the TV show. Even if they decide to end the c*m*cs tomorrow I think someone had schemed it would take X years to catch up at this rate. Sorry. I just don't think that there is enough appetite out there for the TV series to accomplish that. This thread is evidence of that.

I long for the time I anxiously awaited the next plot twist; I cared what happened in the story. Somewhere along the way I feel like the TV show became more impressed with itself than the story. That has caused me to backlash and I feel like I'm watching begrudgingly and bitterly to protect my time investment. The only way I know to let the producers know this is to cancel my season pass on my DVR - but I'd still like to know how it ends.

I know that throws me into the 'then why do you continue to watch or post' group and I acknowledge that. This is why I think I want to switch platforms so I can get back to the story - because I just don't have it in me to keep hoping every Sunday evening that I'm going to see something that will renew my interest. I thought I did in the second episode with Morales but that quickly went away with a broadhead to the neck.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Can you feel the excitement about tonight!
toucan82
Ol Jock 99 said:

Can you feel the excitement about tonight!
90-minute episode

50% more bad writing and commercials
SeattleAgJr
89 minutes of talking and out of characters actions leading you to roll your eyes at least 15 times.
1 minute of awesomeness leading to a cliffhanger.

there I saved you time tonight.
Olsen
AG
Longest opening scene ever? 15 minutes into the episode to show the title sequence.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Enjoying it so far, actually.
zooguy96
Yeah, this episode actually doesn't suck so far. A bit of drama actually.
LHIOB
toucan82
They tricked me into recording part of "Talking Dead"

Diabolical
beanbean
toucan82 said:

They tricked me into recording part of "Talking Dead"

Diabolical
Yeah, my TV was showing this episode was from 8:00-9:30. I thought OK, we can cover a little more ground tonight. Then credits started rolling at about 9:05.

Hardwick's monologue on Talking Dead is always hilarious. He tries so hard every week to polish this turd.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
You know, I didn't hate this episode
aTmLoKi
AG
Hey, why did Rick and Darryl get into a fight? It was on in the background, and we really didn't care enough to go and rewind it to figure it out.

This prompted a "Why are we still watching this then?" from the the Mrs.
Canyon99
aTmLoKi said:

Hey, why did Rick and Darryl get into a fight? It was on in the background, and we really didn't care enough to go and rewind it to figure it out.

This prompted a "Why are we still watching this then?" from the the Mrs.

It's the whole kill them vs save them ethical dilemma. Rick and Jesus vs Darryl and Twizzler. It just sets up the next pathetic story line after the Saviors are defeated.
LHIOB
AG
I like how they keep on saying "stick to the plan" when very few if any plans have ever worked out on this show.
Proc92
yeah, way to go rick. even if they don't go blow up the saviors, nice job in letting all that firepower get destroyed. who needs it any way?
Joseph Parrish
AG
So I was stupid and decided I'd catch up on the show cause there was nothing else to watch. Did you guys notice the horrible MacGyver style music when Carol was sneaking up on those guys loading the 50 cal?

Oh, and apparently they replaced the 50 cal with a pea shooter because Rick's jeep would have been demolished.
Charlie Delta
LHIOB said:

I like how they keep on saying "stick to the plan" when very few if any plans have ever worked out on this show.

I don't even know WTF the plan is at this point. The plot of this show so discombobulated.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.