*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,398 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I laughed (in a non-ironic way) when Gregory got so pissed about letting the Saviors in after he had just begged so hard to be let in.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
How many times and with how many characters are we going to go through the "Contemplating life and should I kill people that want to kill me in the zombie apocalypse"?

Daryl shooting Morales and saying he doesn't care who he was is great.
ShaggyAggie01
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Daryl shooting Morales and saying he doesn't care who he was is great.
Daryl gets it.
Greeze06
AG
Daryl did that to Ricky twice that episode. Only thing that made sense.
Stive
AG
Had a chance to watch it last night and just didn't care. I'll probably get around to it in the next day or two but I've just lost almost all interest. I'll give it another ep or two but it's looking like it's going to get buried on my DVR.
pilgrim82
AG
Did anyone else catch Aaron yell "Aaron" when his pal Eric turned? Even the CC showed it as such. Now it seems the characters can't remember their lines...
LHIOB
AG
Is Morgan the worst character in TV history?
Streetfighter 02
AG
Tara...
DannyDuberstein
AG
I have trouble not laughing at Morgan.
91_Aggie
AG
Watching e3 at lunch.
1. The battle scene at the courtyard reminds me of that Police Squad episode where they are having a shootout showing closeups, then they lull away and it shows them being about 5 feet from each

2. Dear walking dead writers/producers: No one cares at all about the gay love storyline. Even gay people probably see how forced that storyline is.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Two things that I thought were silly:

1) King gives himself and small team up as bait. #1 - how did his own ambushers stay concealed from the Savior ambush? And #2 - no friendly fire injuries even though Saviors surrounding them got wasted? They didn't even duck.

2) Toward the end, the Saviors have .50 cals set up in buildings, but they let all of their people on the ground get wasted 1st before firing?
MaroonStain
AG
I am okay having to put up with Morgan and Tara as long as Darryl caps people left and right.
et98
AG
My favorite part was watching those interior walls stop those bullets in their tracks during the Rick & Darryl shootout with the bad guys. I need to get some of my hands on that kevlar-lined sheet rock!
beanbean
LMAO at the Aaron scenes when he was trying so hard to force a cry but there were no tears. And the zombies rolling down the hill.
Joseph Parrish
AG
It's all filler bull***** They have to delay with random stuff until they kill or try to kill Negan in the last episode. This will be a story line where you can Just watch the final episode and not miss anything.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Just sucks. There's no damn plot!
Stive
AG
I'm with Ol Jock. That ep was 1000x better than the last few. Problem is, the last few stunk so bad that 1000x still only gets you back to meh.

Aggie Infantry
AG
How long was that shoot out with the "armored" cars? Then they drive away with no holes in the sheet metal, no broken windshields, or no flat tires.
H6RBW
AG
It is well known that TV sheet metal has radically different properties than real world sheet metal.
91_Aggie
AG
Aggie Infantry said:

How long was that shoot out with the "armored" cars? Then they drive away with no holes in the sheet metal, no broken windshields, or no flat tires.

M16s (I wasn't attention to what guns they were actually using, but let's use this as base point) have a standard magazine capacity of 30 rounds. I didn't see any that looked out of place or bigger.

They were all firing full auto (it seemed)... M16 has an automatic firing rate of 750-900 rounds per minute. That is 12.5 rounds per second.

so every 3 seconds of firing they would need to be changing magazines.

Now, they didn't tell us how long they were in this battle, and they weren't firing constantly. But let's say every 1 minute they fired for 12 seconds. That's 4 magazines every 1 minute of battle.

If the battle lasted for 5 minutes that would be 20 magazines each person would have gone through.

I don't think each person was carrying 20 pounds of magazines with them.

TX AG 88
AG
91_Aggie said:

Aggie Infantry said:

M16s (I wasn't attention to what guns they were actually using, but let's use this as base point) have a standard magazine capacity of 30 rounds. I didn't see any that looked out of place or bigger.

They were all firing full auto (it seemed)... M16 has an automatic firing rate of 750-900 rounds per minute. That is 12.5 rounds per second.

so every 3 seconds of firing they would need to be changing magazines.

Now, they didn't tell us how long they were in this battle, and they weren't firing constantly. But let's say every 1 minute they fired for 12 seconds. That's 4 magazines every 1 minute of battle.

If the battle lasted for 5 minutes that would be 20 magazines each person would have gone through.

I don't think each person was carrying 20 pounds of magazines with them.

Hell, i didn't see one single magazine swap. Commented on that to my wife.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Changing magizines? How soon y'all forget.

ABattJudd
AG
There were several scenes where they were firing full auto and no brass was being expelled.
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
Clavell
AG
Based on reducing number of characters that I would even care if they killed off, not sure why I am still watching.

Daryl (cross bow)
Michonne (swords)
Jerry (two headed ax)
Shiva (obvious)

Hmmm.....guess it is the weapons I would really miss
Josepi
AG
Complaining about ammo usage and lack of brass in a zombie show. Got it....
Joseph Parrish
AG
Josepi said:

Actually complaining about a sh*t story first and foremost.
Gregg Papivich
Joseph Parrish said:

Josepi said:

Actually complaining about a sh*t story first and foremost.

And terrible acting with cheesy dialogue... the only characters i want to see are Daryl and carol
Goat Man
AG
I normally refrain from entering this fray but this season really has been poor, and I can't figure out why. I like the story line but the execution has been terrible. I don't expect near as much from this show as many of you all but I would give this season a 4/10 so far. I hope it gets better but I am not very hopeful for some reason.
AgFB
AG
Goat Man said:

I would give this season a 4/10 so far.

You left out the decimal on your 0.4/10
Joseph Parrish
AG
I thought the lowest scale went on TexAgs was 2/10 WNB...
Prosperdick
AG
This show hasn't cared about Aaron and Eric (if they ever really did) for several seasons. You can't just expect the audience to suddenly care and have any kind of emotional payoff (my wife and I both were confused with Aaron yelling his name...ridiculous).

The "comedy" scene at the gate would only work if there were emotional beats to this season instead of just non-stop shooting with no characters in any real danger (and as stated above, Eric doesn't count).

I've always liked Lennie James and think he's a terrific actor (and had some of the best emotional moments in the entire series) but he's been reduced to a silly caricature of himself. I was bored and watched the Talking Dead and they proudly shared how long Lennie and the Jesus character worked on their fight choreography...if only the writers spent as much time on dialogue or plot.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
I miss first 4 seasons. This is hogwash.
zooguy96
Sorry, they wouldn't have killed that many.
Cy_Tolliver
They could have at least had Tara get cut down by the .50 cal. At least that would have brought something positive.
zooguy96
Axe guy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.