*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,331 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Well. Can it return to greatness?
Oh yea, it's on tonight right?

Answer: Nah
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Yeah. Just started. Probably more of endless resources guns food military fighting sans zombies. Different show.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
So far, the ****show continues.

God ,the writers on this show are the laziest people on the planet.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Sad. But whole episode Carl's death.
45-70Ag
AG
I'm openly pulling for negan
He's the only one on the show that makes it entertaining.
Olsen
AG
The dream sequences are making this show look too much like Lost. It's horrible.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Yes this show hard to watch unless on Netflix........
mazzag
AG
Morgan is a BAMF. Put rick to shame.
Sq1dvm
AG
I thought it was ok. 90 minutes was too long. I love me some Murder Morgan.
Griffle
I've been a fan for a long time and I've read a lot of the graphic novels. But I found myself fast forwarding through this episode. It's getting close to me removing it from the record list.

It's not terrible, but just OK. I have a lot of other shows to watch that rate better.
Mucho austin
AG
Episode was fine except for them dragging out Carl's death for the last 20 mins
Gregg Papivich
Griffle said:

I've been a fan for a long time and I've read a lot of the graphic novels. But I found myself fast forwarding through this episode. It's getting close to me removing it from the record list.

It's not terrible, but just OK. I have a lot of other shows to watch that rate better.

No it's terrible
King
AG
RIP Coral
SeattleAgJr
Like the swallows returning to Capistrano, or an Aggie football team collapsing in November, it is another half season of Walking Dead *****ing!
Counterpoint
AG
What about the ninja kid stealthily killing that savior without anyone seeing him beforehand?
cupcakesprinkles
AG
That part was stupid. Overall I thought it was a decent episode. They dragged on with Carl but Morgan and Carol doing their thing was fun to watch.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Counterpoint said:

What about the ninja kid stealthily killing that savior without anyone seeing him beforehand?

Or how about a major plot point of the entire season; such a major issue that Negan told Eugene to solve the problem or else.....how to get rid of the walkers so that the saviors can get out of the building.....only to be solved in 30 seconds by sending four shooters to a higher floor and spraying and praying at all the walkers (I guess they were all headshots but I didn't see too many walker heads explode). And let's just conveniently ignore the fact that this thing started when Rick and the gang rolled up, didn't shoot Negan but instead shot about a gazillion rounds shooting out all the windows so that they could monitor their every move and snipe them if they tried anything funny. Instead, Morgan watches the 4 gunmen through the scope of his rifle as they literally thwart the entire plan....and never squeezes off a shot.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I cannot imagine watching that episode live and not on dvr or Netflix. Maybe they will end the show this season. Someone please take a stiletto and stab this show in the brain to make it end.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I thought it was back on next week.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
et98 said:

Yall are acting like this show was once on par with Citizen Kane or something. It's never really been that good, at least not after the 1st episode.

They figured out in the 2nd episode that walking around in zombie guts made them relatively invisible, and we ripped the a new one for washing it off (because it was freaking stupid). Merle was kind of a ridiculous cartoon character, the Shane/Lori relationship was absurd, Carl was waaaay more annoying in the beginning than he was in season 8, Andrea was the most annoying character ever, and Rick shot his gun inside a tank and suffered no permanent hearing loss.

Rick rode a horse dozens of miles through a zombie apocalypse from the suburbs to a city, met up with a random group of weird strangers, and then somehow met up with this his long-lost family in a secret campground several miles outside of the city he'd just rode into on his horse. None of that at all made any sense and was about as statistically impossible as a freaky disease turning dead people into flesh-eating monsters.

Oh, and just to show you how bad it was all along, please let me remind you of...
Rick Grimes: "We met a siiiigh-inn-tiiist" (Season 2, Episode 1...if I recall)

There's some kind of weird cognitive bias going on where yall can't remember how bad this show was from the get-go.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

et98 said:

Yall are acting like this show was once on par with Citizen Kane or something. It's never really been that good, at least not after the 1st episode.

They figured out in the 2nd episode that walking around in zombie guts made them relatively invisible, and we ripped the a new one for washing it off (because it was freaking stupid). Merle was kind of a ridiculous cartoon character, the Shane/Lori relationship was absurd, Carl was waaaay more annoying in the beginning than he was in season 8, Andrea was the most annoying character ever, and Rick shot his gun inside a tank and suffered no permanent hearing loss.

Rick rode a horse dozens of miles through a zombie apocalypse from the suburbs to a city, met up with a random group of weird strangers, and then somehow met up with this his long-lost family in a secret campground several miles outside of the city he'd just rode into on his horse. None of that at all made any sense and was about as statistically impossible as a freaky disease turning dead people into flesh-eating monsters.

Oh, and just to show you how bad it was all along, please let me remind you of...
Rick Grimes: "We met a siiiigh-inn-tiiist" (Season 2, Episode 1...if I recall)

There's some kind of weird cognitive bias going on where yall can't remember how bad this show was from the get-go.

Damn. It is sad cause it is true.
Cibalo
I hit the fast forward button on every scene with Coral. I might hit play when Darrel came on but that was it. I found what was going on with Morgan and Carol to be ok except for show no mercy Morgan letting the saviors shoot all the walkers while he watched. You had one job!
Sports-Ag
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I cannot imagine watching that episode live and not on dvr or Netflix. Maybe they will end the show this season. Someone please take a stiletto and stab this show in the brain to make it end.

Agree with having to watch the show on DVR now. Started doing it last season and helps a ton. Fast forward through all the commercials and slow stuff.
91_Aggie
AG
I saw this thread, and my immediate knee jerk reaction was "Oh noes, I can't click on that because I haven't watched the episode yet... then I remembered this last half-season and was all "I don't care at all if something gets spoiled at this point for me... I can just read this thread and maybe not have to watch the actual episode that would be a good thing."
redsquirrelAG
AG
I actually didn't think it was terrible. They are at a complete split with the comics now. Some scenes last half finale were similar but where they go from here to finish will be interesting.
SockDePot
I'm getting really close to ejecting.

The people who run the show don't understand/ abuse cliffhangers to the point people don't care anymore. There was no point to not wrap up Carls death before the break. Wondering what Rick is going to be / do after Carls death induces more interest and thought, than already knowing Carl is going to die and waiting for it to be over.

The viewership is dropping because of it.

I kept wanting to empethize with Rick, but really just wanted for the show to move on. The emotions were spent months ago when we found out he was bitten.

The analogy for this show is like when your mother in law's dog gets old and sick. You've had some good times, and you'll pay it attention when you see it and listen to stories about it, you know that you should feel emotions, but really just want it to die and be over with.
jr15aggie
AG
Thought the episode was good and mostly hit the emotions they were going for.

And then, after all that "I'll make that place real Carl" talk... The preview for next week fires up and we are back to "I'll kill you"!

Honestly that's the part where they've lost everybody. They kill ruthlessly, but then will immediately stop and say "killing isn't the only way".

I'm this close to being done. Really hope they just wrap it up already.
JJWAGGIE
AG
I am going to go ahead and finish this season but I am absolutely not returning in October...
Chipotlemonger
AG
I have it on DVR but haven't watched it yet.

I think I may delete and bounce. I have other, more compelling shows taking my time now.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I liked the episode; it should have been a stardand length though. Could have easily condensed 20ish minutes.
rshackelford
AG
I hope it goes 8 more season just so you folks wishing it were done already have to keep living it. You realize it's a tv show? It obviously still commands a decent level of interest if after 8 seasons you hate it so much you only wish it would conclude, yet you still record and tune in every episode faithfully and rant about it on a public forum.

I know that will ruffle some feathers but it is what it is. You cant hate it THAT much if you continue watching it. It's a fool's errand to assume that suddenly you'll fall in as much love with it as you once had several season ago. At this point it is what it is and it's not going to go backward. That's like continuing to buy the albums of a band you hate, hoping they'll return to that sound you once loved 10 years ago. If you're really that ready to move on....then move on. You're not being locked in a utility closet in a high school at gunpoint, being forced to watch it. DVR settings are easy to change, people.
coupland boy
AG
rshackelford said:

I hope it goes 8 more season just so you folks wishing it were done already have to keep living it. You realize it's a tv show? It obviously still commands a decent level of interest if after 8 seasons you hate it so much you only wish it would conclude, yet you still record and tune in every episode faithfully and rant about it on a public forum.

I know that will ruffle some feathers but it is what it is. You cant hate it THAT much if you continue watching it. It's a fool's errand to assume that suddenly you'll fall in as much love with it as you once had several season ago. At this point it is what it is and it's not going to go backward. That's like continuing to buy the albums of a band you hate, hoping they'll return to that sound you once loved 10 years ago. If you're really that ready to move on....then move on. You're not being locked in a utility closet in a high school at gunpoint, being forced to watch it. DVR settings are easy to change, people.

Simma down now. I think there are just a lot of people upset that such an entertaining show we all at some point had high hopes for has turned into a snooze fest.

I'll keep watching and look forward to Negan's gruesome and untimely death. Until then, I wish the producers would turn down the suckage in the episodes.
Ghost91
I love how when Carol & Morgan infiltrate Hilltop (or whatever community it was, I don't even know/care anymore) to rescue King Ezekiel, killing the bad guys was completely logical and fair game. Until they got down to the main bad guy who'd been holding Ezekiel. Then suddenly it's back to the "don't do it, Morgan! Killing him would make us no better than theeeeeeeem!!!" nonsense.

Emoji would be laugh-cry if I wasn't lolpoor.
DannyDuberstein
AG
LOL at the trash people ground beef conveyor. Time to slap some patties together and fire up the bbq pit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.