*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,359 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
85aggie777
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My son made a pretty clever guess as to who Neegan's passenger might be. He thought it could be the woman who escaped the ambush of the Saviors on the road who knows Dwight is a traitor.
coupland boy
AG
"Well if **** took a shot I don't think it would look as ****ty as you do"

What did Koral write on his letter?
Stive
AG
Wow that's a serious call back but it might be the best guess!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Really starting to doubt they have the Savior storyline wrapped up this season. 2 episodes left?
Stive
AG
That stood out to me last night when they mentioned two episodes left. I'd bet serious money it goes another year.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
So Negan managed to scoot and grab pictures, a flare, and a pistol that Jadis just left in a bag next to him while he was tied up? Is that what happened? Can someone rewind and check and see if his bonds changed from pre scoot to post scoot? Thought she had his arms strapped down pretty good but apparently not good enough to keep him from getting all that stuff and then being able to look through photos, spread them out, light a flare, and hold her at bay with a pistol.
Chipotlemonger
AG
They are treading water and don't have an actual plan to wrap this thing up.
Counterpoint
AG
Gota De Limon said:

So Negan managed to scoot and grab pictures, a flare, and a pistol that Jadis just left in a bag next to him while he was tied up? Is that what happened? Can someone rewind and check and see if his bonds changed from pre scoot to post scoot? Thought she had his arms strapped down pretty good but apparently not good enough to keep him from getting all that stuff and then being able to look through photos, spread them out, light a flare, and hold her at bay with a pistol.

WTF? That was the weirdest edit I've ever seen on a TV show. They just completely cut out the most important part! I actually liked the episode, other than that.
91_Aggie
AG
still haven't got past first 2 minutes of ep 1 of this 2nd half of season.
Stive
AG
Found myself fast forwarding through quite a bit of dialogue last night and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything.
teecoy
AG
Yeah I thought it was just me. I was so confused on how the hell he got the pics flare etc. other than that enjoyed episode.
Joseph Parrish
AG
I was shocked that I didn't think last night's episode was complete garbage.
91_Aggie
AG
Have they explained Eugene's awesome plan to escape that kept Negan from killing him from last season? Seems like the awesome, genius plan was "Hey, we have people with guns in here. We should have those people with the guns shoot at Rick's people with guns."

Ol Jock 99
AG
91_Aggie said:

Have they explained Eugene's awesome plan to escape that kept Negan from killing him from last season? Seems like the awesome, genius plan was "Hey, we have people with guns in here. We should have those people with the guns shoot at Rick's people with guns."

Everyone is running out of ammo. They've mentioned it (in passing) a couple times.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

91_Aggie said:

Everyone is running out of ammo. They've mentioned it (in passing) a couple times.

I'm still waiting for Eugene to start up his powder and primer factory.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Simon walked around all episode with an AR with no sight a week or two ago. Don't hold your breath too long.
Gigem314
AG
Gota De Limon said:

Then he goes from shooting at her to "My wife's name was Lucille, the bat is all I have left to remind me of her. I didn't burn your pictures, I was never going to. You should come with me"

I can't decide whether they're softening Negan up to turn against Simon and his merry band of killers and reconciling with Rick and the crew...or if he's going to do a veer back to season 7 Negan and bash a lot of heads in before Rick finally kills him.

Oh and I love how he flipped his car with no seatbelt, fell down at least 2 floors after Rick forces him to let go of the railing, and then fall through a window...but he's walking just fine. Negan is like Harry and Marv from Home Alone.

There needs to be a 'Benny Hill' remix of Rick and Negan's exchanges and miraculous escapes like this:

Agnzona
Maybe a dumb question but has any infrastructure improvements happened yet? Are there cleared roads? Any law and order? Any power or water, hospitals or schools? Or has humanity forgot almost everything? Also has their been any contact with other parts of the world?
Chipotlemonger
AG
We'll be waiting a long time for any of that. (They'll never touch it).

They lost their way with what a zombie apocalypse should be like. Now this show is just a tribal drama.
AceAggie05
AG
Agnzona said:

Maybe a dumb question but has any infrastructure improvements happened yet? Are there cleared roads? Any law and order? Any power or water, hospitals or schools? Or has humanity forgot almost everything? Also has their been any contact with other parts of the world?
Well, there was a helicopter last night. Apparently Jadis knew it was coming, as the helicopter hovered over her, waiting for a signal (don't know how they didn't see the people directly below them).
FTACO97
AG
AceAggie05 said:

Agnzona said:

Well, there was a helicopter last night. Apparently Jadis knew it was coming, as the helicopter hovered over her, waiting for a signal (don't know how they didn't see the people directly below them).
Yeah, the helicopter adds a big component to the story now. Jadis knew it came around on a schedule as she kept the timer going on her watch. For there to be another group with plenty of fuel to fly a helicopter around and Jadis is connected to them somehow. Very interesting.
LHIOB
AG
How about her kickass modern apartment!
coupland boy
AG
What do these people do for toilet paper? I know gasoline and batteries in vehicles are an infinite resource in this post apocalyptic reality but surely TP is on short demand.
91_Aggie
AG
coupland boy said:

What do these people do for toilet paper? I know gasoline and batteries in vehicles are an infinite resource in this post apocalyptic reality but surely TP is on short demand.
bidets
gomerschlep
AG
WHY AM I STILL WATCHING THIS SHOW
coupland boy
AG
gomerschlep said:

Because it was an excellent show and we are all too far in it to walk away. It's as simple as that.
jr15aggie
AG
I guess I'll pile on... what in the actual crap are they doing? Nothing makes a bit of sense anymore. One second we have people of remorse and "life is important", the next second it's an all you can kill buffet.

And for the love of Pete, if you have no idea how to properly coordinate a fight sequence, then just don't have one. Rick vs. Negan... just have Negan's car empty if you want... for the love, why, just why did you have rick unloading all of his AK rounds into the underside of the car and then wasting all of his revolver ammo. It makes ZERO sense.

And the saviors invading Hilltop... rofl... yeah, I'm sure they would just walk right out into the open in front of the mansion. And not just that, but the head hancho is friggin whistling and calling out the enemy behind the walls. Then the lights turn on and they are like, "oh crap, they pulled a fast one, run for your lives".

It's honestly just awful at this point.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
jr15aggie said:

I guess I'll pile on... what in the actual crap are they doing? Nothing makes a bit of sense anymore. One second we have people of remorse and "life is important", the next second it's an all you can kill buffet.

And for the love of Pete, if you have no idea how to properly coordinate a fight sequence, then just don't have one. Rick vs. Negan... just have Negan's car empty if you want... for the love, why, just why did you have rick unloading all of his AK rounds into the underside of the car and then wasting all of his revolver ammo. It makes ZERO sense.

And the saviors invading Hilltop... rofl... yeah, I'm sure they would just walk right out into the open in front of the mansion. And not just that, but the head hancho is friggin whistling and calling out the enemy behind the walls. Then the lights turn on and they are like, "oh crap, they pulled a fast one, run for your lives".

It's honestly just awful at this point.

It's even worse than that. Go rewatch that scene. Rick reloaded the AK AND THEN THREW IT ON THE GROUND before pulling out the pistol and then chasing Negan in the building.
91_Aggie
AG
coupland boy said:

gomerschlep said:

Because it was an excellent show and we are all too far in it to walk away. It's as simple as that.
Sunk-cost fallacy!
coupland boy
AG
Good episode.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
YEp. Two in a row now. Hopefully the season finale is strong.
SeattleAgJr
allshine said:

I just saw the preview for next week.

Two thoughts:
1. How is Eugene still alive?
2. I think this ends in a cliffhanger and continues to next year.

So glad I dropped this one.
Joseph Parrish
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

allshine said:

I just saw the preview for next week.

1. How is Eugene still alive?

I think they like Redneck Yoda.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
If Negan isn't dead at the end of next week's episode then I most likely will be out for good despite my 'sunk cost'.

These past two episodes weren't really that good. They were better than what we've gotten for the past few years but they were still pretty much garbage. That's how bad it's gotten for this show.
coupland boy
AG
I have to agree with you there. Negan needs to just be dead already but I don't think he will be. At this point Glenn is a distant memory.

As it is I might finish this show on Netflix and if i see spoilers somewhere else then so be it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.