*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,332 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

The good news is it is impossible for tonight to be worse than last night.

Hold my bitter, long past expiration date beer. [/Rick]
mazzag
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

The good news is it is impossible for tonight to be worse than last night.

zooguy96
There should have been this much action last time.
zooguy96
Finally, the tiger does something cool.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
"Fake it 'til you make it baby"
Charlie Delta
It would be nice to know WTF is going on in the midst of all this action. This episode is all over the place with no clear direction.

Add to that the fact that I just don't care what happens to these characters anymore, and this is easily one of the most boring episodes ever despite all the action.
Trident 88
AG
The chick who realizes "they didn't have to move in on us" and gets her neck bitten deserves a rasberry for a piss poor death scene. I'm guessing she's the director's niece.
gigemags-99
AG
Morales!!!!!
zooguy96
Hell, its action. I'll take action at this point over the crap they had last week.
DannyDuberstein
AG
This was the Battle of I Don't Know What the F***
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Wtf. Morales?
Charlie Delta
I'm rooting for Tara to die this season. She's easily the worst character on the show other than King Ezekiel.
gigemags-99
AG
Charlie Delta said:

I'm rooting for Tara to die this season. She's easily the worst character on the show other than King Ezekiel.

KE is badass.
Charlie Delta
gigemags-99 said:

Charlie Delta said:

KE is badass.

He's a clown.
Dobre casy
AG
They focused on a couple of people that I had no idea what team they played for. Good guys/bad guys, gay/straight? Oh, they're shot? I don't even know who that is.
SeattleAgJr
Gave up the show early last season, but I still enjoy TWD threads here.
The whining and misery here bring me such joy!
Objective Aggie
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Gave up the show early last season, but I still enjoy TWD threads here.
The whining and misery here bring me such joy!

I read it every few months just to reconfirm my decision to abandon TWD before last season.
Olsen
AG
I said "holy ****" when I saw Morales. Haven't seen him since season 1. I'm glad the writers didn't forget about him all this time.
LHIOB
AG
I feel like the script for this episode got blown off the table and the pages were put back in the wrong order.
EllisCoAg
AG
glad I wasn't the only one confused on who was who and what was going on and where.

Only good scene was Rick's fight and then walking into the next room.
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
oh no
AG
This was much more entertaining than the window shoot out/old man Rick episode last week. Quick recap:

group 1: Aaron & gay lover, others: assaulting a Savior outpost with unlimited ammo while waiting for the dead to reanimate and finish the remaining Saviors. Aaron's boyfriend is shot. I think this battle is still going on after the episode concluded.

group 2: Morgan, Tara, Jesus: assaulting another Savior outpost the original one they attacked a few seasons ago; Morgan is shot, but lives, two other good guys shot & killed. Dozens of saviors killed, including a bunch by a pissed off Morgan who seems to think he's invincible, but a few dozen or so more Saviors are captured and tied up. Internal conflict between Tara (Rick's side) who wants to kill them and Jesus (Maggie's side) who wants to capture them.

group 3: King Zeke, Carol: not sure where this battle was (another outpost?), but a savior causes an explosion and ensuing zombie attack. after dispatching the living dead, the "good guys" attempt to track the savior who attacked them before he can warn other Saviors. They come across a creepy zombie in which they wondered what happened to it - looked like acid poured over it or something. Eventually, the tiger gets the injured fleeing savior, giving them a sense of small victory, but they learn over the radio that other saviors have indeed been warned. Internal conflict as King Zeke's fake over-confidence is creeping Carol out as they march on to battle knowing now that the Saviors know they're coming. Next week's preview appears to show this group surrendering.

group 4: Rick & Daryl, all by themselves, exploring floor by floor of yet another Savior outpost that seems really nice yet seems to be currently abandoned, looking for a weapons cache per a note from their insider - Dwight. On the top floor and starting to doubt their intelligence, Daryl sees a half eaten sandwich and other interesting things like handcuffs attached to a pipe, Rick gets attacked by one guy who says there are no guns, then finds a sleeping baby who slept through gun shots in the next room, then gets caught by Morales, who has called the Saviors back to wherever they are. Don't worry, Daryl is still in there wondering around somewhere.

It seems as if the victory from executing their plan to shoot out windows in episode 1 has been followed up by several doomed plans and some bad intel.

MIA group 1: Eugene, Dwight, Simon, and other Savior captains- still hanging out in the building with all the broken windows?
MIA group 2: Negan and Gabriel - just hanging out in the trailer still?
MIA group 3: Michone, Karl, Judith, etc. in Alexandria - Karl still feeding the muslim guy in the woods that Rick chased away last episode?
MIA group 4: Maggie and the hilltoppers?
AgFB
AG
Did anyone notice the "dead good guy" next to Morgan breathing and blinking in the shot where they were laying on the floor? Was that intentional or just that bad?
Murder Hornet
AG
Rolled my eyes when "plot armor" Morgan is chasing dudes around the compound with two hand guns and doesn't stop once to pick up any of the rifles. Also I'm pretty sure that at least on one occasion he "shot" and then the villain came into view to die.

Finally, there were other villains all clearly carrying their own guns that were running from Morgan as if he were Michael Myers. Turn around and at least shoot back or if you are out of ammo (does anyone ever run out of ammo?!) throw your gun at the guy chasing you.
91_Aggie
AG
I started watching episode 2 on my lunch break... (note: haven't read this thread since ep 2 started).

1. Almost turned off in the pre-credits scene with them showing close ups of all the main characters with their "war faces on". ugh... Well, here's 1 to 2 minutes of not having to write any script... Woohoo [/The Writers]

2. Turned it bored during the battle scenes... these are the worst combat/battle scenes ever... even worse than all the episodes of the A-team. They are literally 25 yards from each other, shooting automatic weapons and can hit anything... not to mention you never see a bullet hole in any of the cars.

3. don't know what is happening with the 3 different groups infiltrating different places, but they have already dragged it on too long.

4. Got bored at the part where Daryl was trying to kick in a door (and failing) and the "bad guys" were advancing on the good guys because the good guys were to chicken**** to move forward.

Turned it off and started watching Stranger Things 2.

Maybe I'll finish it, but I have absolutely no strong feelings about needing to watch the rest of it. Too much stupid writing and poorly thought-out battle scenes.
LHIOB
AG
Im starting to wonder if the show runner and producers are in on the joke. Are they trying to see how bad it can be before the idiot fan boys/girls start to question it?

I mean there is a guy with a f****** tiger running around. Every one of those humans is hungry and this tiger is just hanging out, not eating everything in sight?

FightinTexasAg15
AG
It always makes me laugh when somebody gets shot but doesn't start to bleed until they look at it
Murder Hornet
AG
haha like cartoon gravity
Sq1dvm
AG
Cheesy? Absolutely. I will admit to enjoying Morgan dual wielding and tapping his inner John Wick. BABA YAGA!
Streetfighter 02
AG
PS Vue auto rolled into season 1 episode 1 after the newest one ended. That was a great hour of television.
SgtBarbarossa
If the show stuck to camp/cheesy action (tigers, katanas, over violence, zombie gross-outs, etc) I think it would be a good show. If it stuck to being a well-written drama with the backdrop of a zombie apocalypse, I think it would be a good show. Trying to be both dramatic and cheesy within one show, though, just ruins the effects of both and makes it too pretentious to take seriously. It tries to be The Evil Dead and 28 Days Later, but fails at both because they can't seem to make up their mind.
91_Aggie
AG
I finished ep2 today.

Geez... the main problem was I had no idea why they were attacked the 3 different locations (maybe I missed all that in episode 1 or from last year's last episode.

So, rick thought the church had guns in it, but it only had a single baby.

Jesus wants to not kill people that clearly will never reform/join them.

Someone named Morales who i barely remember shows up and has Rick at gun point, but doesn't just kill him even though Rick should be shot on sight if you are a Savior.

Sheesh.... at this point, I'm just watching to fill an OCD desire of mine to watch this train-wreck until the end.
91_Aggie
AG

dp
91_Aggie
AG
oh no said:

This was much more entertaining than the window shoot out/old man Rick episode last week. Quick recap:

group 1: Aaron & gay lover, others: assaulting a Savior outpost with unlimited ammo while waiting for the dead to reanimate and finish the remaining Saviors. Aaron's boyfriend is shot. I think this battle is still going on after the episode concluded.

group 2: Morgan, Tara, Jesus: assaulting another Savior outpost the original one they attacked a few seasons ago; Morgan is shot, but lives, two other good guys shot & killed. Dozens of saviors killed, including a bunch by a pissed off Morgan who seems to think he's invincible, but a few dozen or so more Saviors are captured and tied up. Internal conflict between Tara (Rick's side) who wants to kill them and Jesus (Maggie's side) who wants to capture them.

group 3: King Zeke, Carol: not sure where this battle was (another outpost?), but a savior causes an explosion and ensuing zombie attack. after dispatching the living dead, the "good guys" attempt to track the savior who attacked them before he can warn other Saviors. They come across a creepy zombie in which they wondered what happened to it - looked like acid poured over it or something. Eventually, the tiger gets the injured fleeing savior, giving them a sense of small victory, but they learn over the radio that other saviors have indeed been warned. Internal conflict as King Zeke's fake over-confidence is creeping Carol out as they march on to battle knowing now that the Saviors know they're coming. Next week's preview appears to show this group surrendering.

group 4: Rick & Daryl, all by themselves, exploring floor by floor of yet another Savior outpost that seems really nice yet seems to be currently abandoned, looking for a weapons cache per a note from their insider - Dwight. On the top floor and starting to doubt their intelligence, Daryl sees a half eaten sandwich and other interesting things like handcuffs attached to a pipe, Rick gets attacked by one guy who says there are no guns, then finds a sleeping baby who slept through gun shots in the next room, then gets caught by Morales, who has called the Saviors back to wherever they are. Don't worry, Daryl is still in there wondering around somewhere.

It seems as if the victory from executing their plan to shoot out windows in episode 1 has been followed up by several doomed plans and some bad intel.

MIA group 1: Eugene, Dwight, Simon, and other Savior captains- still hanging out in the building with all the broken windows?
MIA group 2: Negan and Gabriel - just hanging out in the trailer still?
MIA group 3: Michone, Karl, Judith, etc. in Alexandria - Karl still feeding the muslim guy in the woods that Rick chased away last episode?
MIA group 4: Maggie and the hilltoppers?

I just read your assessment. At first I thought Rick & Daryl were going in the back door of the place that the gays were attacking... the chick leading the saviors there made a call on her walkie-talkie to someone else and said to lock up all the stairwells... and Rick/Darryl were definitely going upstairs.

But who knows what the hell was going on... I'm sure the writers think they are being clever and all these battles are going to be explained slowly over the season.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I was expecting some sort of "aha!" that explained the storytelling approach. But it never came and I'm not really expecting it anymore. We'll see
BlueSmoke
Quote:

Im starting to wonder if the show runner and producers are in on the joke. Are they trying to see how bad it can be before the idiot fan boys/girls start to question it?

I mean there is a guy with a f****** tiger running around. Every one of those humans is hungry and this tiger is just hanging out, not eating everything in sight?

This is called believing too much in your own press. The show gained such momentum and popularity I'm guessing critical thought and evaluation took a backseat to "creative license". That, and nobody pushing back or daring to question the writing and directing of such a whale of a series. Too many yes-men in the room.

--
Nobody cares. Work Harder

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.