*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,321 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That barbed wire cage with 1 foot gaps. Lol
DannyDuberstein
AG
And Michone and Rosita. ****ing useless as the barbed wire.
Olsen
AG
Morgan Jones (Lennie James) is crossing over to Fear The Walking Dead next season. He starts shooting his scenes in Austin tomorrow.
kapon
AG
What?
GIG 'EM!
toucan82
So what the hell was Rick doing?
Philip J Fry
AG
For the first time while watching the show, I hoped Ricks dies. Hate the stupid trash people, hate that the writers brought them back into the fold, hate that they thought it was a good idea for Rick to try talking to them again. I was hoping Rick had a suicide vest on that would just blue everyone up and end the show.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Wtf how does that make sense story wise
Joseph Parrish
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I didn't know they still had a story...
LHIOB
AG
FTWD has been better than TWD so they decided to add the worst part of TWD to even things out a little
Muy
AG
Shouldn't all the dead's muscles have deteriorated by now?

And... go!
Prosperdick
AG
Just noticed last night the trash lady talks like Yoda and it's really dumb. The rocket launcher scene looked like special effects you would see on youtube. Oh and Rosita looks more pregnant than Maggie.
EllisCoAg
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

I didn't know they still had a story...
it's all part of the plan, geez
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
AgFB
AG
friscodick said:

Just noticed last night the trash lady talks like Yoda and it's really dumb.

You noticed this LAST NIGHT?
Robert C. Christian
AG
AgFB said:

friscodick said:

And here I am thinking that my multitasking is bad.
pilgrim82
AG
I did appreciate trash lady's comment..."talks too much"...
Prosperdick
AG
AgFB said:

friscodick said:

I've been barely interested in the show the last two seasons so forgive me.
Out in Left Field
AG
Just caught up on the last two episodes. Can't remember which one it was from but the conversation in the car between Michone and Used-to-be-hot reminded me of this gem from last season's thread:

Quote:

Stupid Boring Character #1: "Why won't you say it?? Just SAY it!".
Stupid Boring Character #2: "Saying it would be the easy way out.... Which is what they want....Which is what YOU want...".
Stupid Boring Character #1: "How would you know what I want?? You are NOT me! And I think that has to mean something!! This. ALL. Has. To. Mean. SOMETHING".
Stupid Boring Character #2: Really? Because I think that's all bullsh**t!! And she knew it! You see? She finally got it!".
Stupid Boring Character #1: "You think I don't know that?? You think I don't see??"
MBUSA
They have lost the show. The writing is horrible. Last week was hopeful. This week was a total disaster.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
91_Aggie
AG
Still in process of watching the latest episode. Aaron trying to convince us he is in a lot of pain from his boyfriend dying even though they never showed them before having a deep relationship.

And if long haired guy tried to steal a gun in front of everyone you shoot him right then.

And Carls girlfriend definitely would get lots of voted in a Bigger than you thought thread on Reddit.

And part of Ricks big plan relied on convincing the trash people to join them?!??!
duck79
AG
No mention of the trash people walking around in an apron with no clothes. Was that really necessary?
DannyDuberstein
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

It's as if the guy was 90% hydrogen and methane gas from a fart he'd been holding in his entire life
et98
AG
duck79 said:

No mention of the trash people walking around in an apron with no clothes. Was that really necessary?

I was going to say something about Trash Lady not wearing any pants, but I thought maybe I was mistaken since nobody else had said anything.
duck79
AG
There was the second one that walked right past the screen in front of her too.
Canyon99
How did the trash people forget to speak proper English in such a short period of time? That is the biggest mystery to me.
GCRanger
AG
I was hoping Rick, after being denied his request by trash lady, would have asked "were y'all liberal arts majors before all this?"
CDub06
AG
There's still one huge thing that bothers me about the show. No, not the fact that zombies exist. Not the unlimited ammo thing.

It's been, what, like 3 years since the outbreak? In that time, an entire sect of society forgot how to talk properly and went to play Mad Max at the dump? We're not talking thousands or hundreds of years since society collapsed. This dystopian dump future is just a few years separated from normal life.
91_Aggie
AG
CDub06 said:

There's still one huge thing that bothers me about the show. No, not the fact that zombies exist. Not the unlimited ammo thing.

It's been, what, like 3 years since the outbreak? In that time, an entire sect of society forgot how to talk properlt and went to play Mad Max at the dump? We're not talking thousands or hundreds of years since society collapsed. This dystopian dump future is just a few years separated from normal life.

Maybe with the nudity that was on view in this last episode, we are going to eventually discover that this was a group of people from Europe on Holiday in the states and they didn't speak English. So when the apocalypse hit, they didn't have TV to learn English from.

Nudity leads us to this because Europeans are more comfortable being nekkid at beaches and such.

Hulla Baller
AG
Yep, doesn't make sense at all. I know most stuff doesn't make sense on this show but I can't get over how these people are so different already.
Hulla Baller
AG
How have the ratings been this season? I would think they have been terrible and it has to be cancelled after such a terrible story...right?
Ghost91
Hulla Baller said:

How have the ratings been this season? I would think they have been terrible and it has to be cancelled after such a terrible story...right?

Most people that I know are b*tching about it just like all of us on here, but keep tuning in each week for various reasons (its like watching a car wreck, or for the humor value now, or because I've already invested this much time, etc.).

This show probably has the most misleading ratings in history since it went from cult status to mainstream blockbuster to awful in the span of three seasons.
91_Aggie
AG
Also when Carl and the now token middle easterner were walking up to kill 3 walkers, and then all of sudden they are completely surrounded by about 6 more that they never saw coming and were shambling at slower than walking speed in the area.

It's been 3 years Carl and your group has had this happen to them countless times... why can't you check around the general vicinity before rushing a small group of walkers???!!
GCRanger
AG
It really annoys me that walkers can sneak up on people in the woods so easily. A snarling, stumbling, buffoon, dragging it's feet through brush, leaves, and twigs makes a ton of noise. You'd hear them a mile away, not to mention smell them.

I know, I know, it's a zombie show, but come on.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Ratings are definitely slipping.

Quote:

Since the Season 7 premiere, which earned the second-largest audience in The Walking Dead's history, the numbers on Sunday nights have slipped to the lowest since 2011. With 17 million tuning in on October 23, 2016 to learn the identity of Negan's victim in brutal fashion, the still top rated show on cable fell to 7.85 million with Episode 8x05 on November 19, 2017.

LHIOB
AG
FrioAg said:

Ratings are definitely slipping.

Quote:

Since the Season 7 premiere, which earned the second-largest audience in The Walking Dead's history, the numbers on Sunday nights have slipped to the lowest since 2011. With 17 million tuning in on October 23, 2016 to learn the identity of Negan's victim in brutal fashion, the still top rated show on cable fell to 7.85 million with Episode 8x05 on November 19, 2017.

Whoa. Thats a HUGE drop-off. I wonder if they will make any changes to the writing staff or if they will just try to trick it up even more with bad car chases and cartoonish villains.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.