*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,329 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
LHIOB said:

FrioAg said:

Ratings are definitely slipping.

Quote:

Since the Season 7 premiere, which earned the second-largest audience in The Walking Dead's history, the numbers on Sunday nights have slipped to the lowest since 2011. With 17 million tuning in on October 23, 2016 to learn the identity of Negan's victim in brutal fashion, the still top rated show on cable fell to 7.85 million with Episode 8x05 on November 19, 2017.

Whoa. Thats a HUGE drop-off. I wonder if they will make any changes to the writing staff or if they will just try to trick it up even more with bad car chases and cartoonish villains.
It needs to be the writing staff. Neegan is cool. I think he's a great villain. How they have written this season though... ugh.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Aggie Infantry
AG
So far, the most memorable line...
toucan82
I think the ratings drop is because of Carl and Maggie kneeling during the national anthem
zap
AG
I rip through each episode in about 20 minutes on the dvr. So much of the dialogue is useless "character development" and does not advance the story line.

Fast Forward
  • Carol & Ezkiel
  • Michone & Rosita
  • Carl & Siddiq
  • Anything with Tara
  • Gay Guy & the Other Gay Guy

I have never "hate-watched" something like this my whole life. I finish each episode full of regret and self-loathing .
HTownAg98
Soap operas have less dramatic writing.

And I'm definitely hate watching now. It's a show I've invested too much time in to just stop now.
91_Aggie
AG
zap said:

I rip through each episode in about 20 minutes on the dvr. So much of the dialogue is useless "character development" and does not advance the story line.

Fast Forward
  • Carol & Ezkiel
  • Michone & Rosita
  • Carl & Siddiq
  • Anything with Tara

I have never "hate-watched" something like this my whole life. I finish each episode full of regret and self-loathing .

And none of it is character development at all.
It's just talking and saying nothing.
jr15aggie
AG
I don't prioritize the show anymore so I get behind... unfortunately watched the last 2 on back to back nights which was too much in a short period of time. Was so ready to be done by the end of the most recent episode.

After the 2 ladies had their targets in the open at short range and then decided to try and "sneak around" I was done. And then the Hilltop cage that will probably fall over after some light wind and some rain... seriously!

I can really only think of 1 single thing that happened in that episode that made any sense at all (and hence made for an enjoyable scene), and that's when Maggie threw Gregory in the cage with the saviors.
Rocagnante
AG
I wish they had an end game planned for the show (regardless of comic book material). But I think they're just going to milk the cash cow as long as they can.

That Jeep car chase scene was cheesy. I laughed. It seemed like something from The A-Team.
ashleyschaeffer
91_Aggie said:

Still in process of watching the latest episode. Aaron trying to convince us he is in a lot of pain from his boyfriend dying even though they never showed them before having a deep relationship.

And if long haired guy tried to steal a gun in front of everyone you shoot him right then.

And Carls girlfriend definitely would get lots of voted in a Bigger than you thought thread on Reddit.

And part of Ricks big plan relied on convincing the trash people to join them?!??!
Off to reddit I go....
DannyDuberstein
AG
LHIOB said:

FrioAg said:

Ratings are definitely slipping.

Quote:

Since the Season 7 premiere, which earned the second-largest audience in The Walking Dead's history, the numbers on Sunday nights have slipped to the lowest since 2011. With 17 million tuning in on October 23, 2016 to learn the identity of Negan's victim in brutal fashion, the still top rated show on cable fell to 7.85 million with Episode 8x05 on November 19, 2017.

Whoa. Thats a HUGE drop-off. I wonder if they will make any changes to the writing staff or if they will just try to trick it up even more with bad car chases and cartoonish villains.

Big dropoff but still a ****ton of viewers. Other than the very last episode of the series which hit 10mm,Breaking Bad topped out at about 6mm vIewers in its best stretch. But the trend does have to be a big concern
Ol Jock 99
AG
Rick walking alone into garbageland is quite possibly the most confounding thing on this show to date. Infinity shotgun included.
91_Aggie
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Rick walking alone in the garbageland is quite possibly the most confounding thing on this show to date. Infinity shotgun included.

All part of the big plan they came up that they need to stick to

91_Aggie
AG
Also "liked" Ken Burns civil war reading of the letters they sent to each other.
gomerschlep
AG
The only reason I can think of for continuing to watch this is that I've already invested so much time in it and just can't quit. I kind of hate myself after every episode.
Oddity
I haven't watched an episode in a long time. I stopped watching since Negan killed Gleen and Abraham. But, I still read the Sunday's recap after each new episode. Seems like I haven't missed much.
Murder Hornet
AG
This show used to be appointment viewing and then check out the TexAgs threads after the episodes aired.

I used to try to avoid spoilers like the plague but I've caught myself checking this thread before watching just to see what ****-ass writing to look-out for.

At this point I'm just hate watching it while goofing off on my iPhone.
91_Aggie
AG
gomerschlep said:

The only reason I can think of for continuing to watch this is that I've already invested so much time in it and just can't quit. I kind of hate myself after every episode.

Good example of the Sunk-cost Fallacy.
Ghost91
Quote:

I finish each episode full of regret and self-loathing .

Blue star because I don't have laugh/cry.
Ghost91
91_Aggie said:

Also when Carl and the now token middle easterner

C'mon. You have to admit that when Coral said "sometimes kids have to show their parents the way", it was an awesome display of the power of diversity and inclusion, as well as how millennials can spark change and create a movement.

Love how this show is #startingaconversation. An IMPORTANT conversation. Nay, a much-needed national dialogue....
Joseph Parrish
AG
zap said:

Fast Forward
  • Carol & Ezkiel
  • Michone & Rosita
  • Carl & Siddiq
  • Anything with Tara

I need to start doing this as well. I miss some episodes, and then I finally get bored enough to see if TWD got any better. And I'm always disappointed. My current habit is checking TexAgs while watching and being more entertained by these boards than what's on the screen.
mm98
AG
This past episode was the turning point for me, too. I watched the last 30 minutes fast forwarding and didn't feel like I missed anything.

Bockaneer
AG
I only half watched most of the episode but "there was nude art?"
91_Aggie
AG

It was quick and no one in show reacted or commented on it.
CoachRTM
AG
jr15aggie said:

I can really only think of 1 single thing that happened in that episode that made any sense at all (and hence made for an enjoyable scene), and that's when Maggie threw Gregory in the cage with the saviors.

Wait for it. They might try to say that Maggie and Gregory put a plan together so that Gregory can spy on the "inmates". It would be a redeeming moment for Gregory.
Joseph Parrish
AG
I'm just going to post
Joseph Parrish
AG
a couple times
Joseph Parrish
AG
so I don't have to see that pale ass in my face when I click on this thread.
Joseph Parrish
AG
much better.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

much better.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
kapon
AG
I was thinking the same thing.
Wolf in with the sheep comment she made right before throwing
him in the "cage" with others.
GIG 'EM!
Blanco Ag
AG
91_Aggie said:

It was quick and no one in show reacted or commented on it.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Joseph Parrish
AG
Joseph Parrish
AG
Murder Hornet
AG
Those three posts were better than any episode this season so far. Writing was so much better

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.