*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,307 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
boogieman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every time someone mentions what "Carl would of wanted", I roll my eyes.

Also...Eugene is an annoying character. But making himself throw up to escape was sooooooo dumb.

Otherwise....somewhat passable episode.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

allshine said:

YEp. Two in a row now. Hopefully the season finale is strong.
I just saw the preview for next week.

Two thoughts:
1. How is Eugene still alive?
2. I think this ends in a cliffhanger and continues to next year.

So glad I dropped this one.
1. People underestimate him and he uses that to manipulate and take advantage of them. He is one of the characters the show has highlighted that although he tries to change and be someone different he reverts back to who he is (a manipulative person who will lie to ensure his survival). The preacher admitted it this episode that he is who he is (a coward who will do whatever it takes to ensure his survival). I think Rick will come to that revelation himself pretty soon. He's not someone who wants to kill everyone, he wants to protect and bring peace.

2. I wouldn't be surprised either....the finale preview did say "THE WAR ENDS" but that could be open for interpretation. With them killing Carl they showed that they are trying to break away from the comics so we'll see what happens.

I think it is fairly obvious that Aaron and his clan of women will get involved in the season finale. I guess he had been wandering around outside of their camp until they took pity on him (another bad story line)? Fortunately the screen-time was minimal with that story line this episode.

Did they ever say who ratted on Simon? I know Simon thought it was Dwight but I don't remember seeing it mentioned anywhere. Did Negan somehow figure it out? I assume he did since he told Dwight when the time comes to be ready.

I wish Simon didn't get killed off, I like his character. Especially when he would get pissed off.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
allshine said:

Did they ever say who ratted on Simon? I know Simon thought it was Dwight but I don't remember seeing it mentioned anywhere. Did Negan somehow figure it out? I assume he did since he told Dwight when the time comes to be ready.

I wish Simon didn't get killed off, I like his character. Especially when he would get pissed off.

Seriously? Yeah it was Dwight. Did you miss the scene out by the dumpster when all the lieutenants were out there?
"I like beavers. Healthy beavers are important" -- Olin Buchanan 6/11/2021
jr15aggie
AG
I at least felt some real connection to the latest episode. The letter from Carl talking about the stuff before it all went to crap... taking walks, going to the movies, etc... was a good scene that reminded me of the earlier seasons. You know, when we could really relate to these people whose entire world had turned inside out and we couldn't wait to see what happened next.

The world of walking dead has gotten so ridiculous the last couple seasons it's lost that tangible connection. Of course it's always been fiction, but at least it was believable fiction before. That's why we all lost it when Carol's zombie daughter came out of the barn. But that's gone now... they could have blown Eugene's head off at the end of that episode and it wouldn't have even registered.

Heck even Negan's henchmen, who I couldn't wait to see get offed when they were first introduced, don't even phase me now that 2 are gone. Shame.
toucan82
I bet Negan's plan is to surround the Hilltop with walkers and hope nobody can escape
jr15aggie
AG
toucan82 said:

I bet Negan's plan is to surround the Hilltop with walkers and hope nobody can escape
That sounds made up!
Sq1dvm
AG
I enjoyed this one, I particularly liked Negan playing with Simon and Dwight. Trying to guess what Negan knew and how he would handle them was entertaining to me. Puking Eugene was stupid, but fitting for his character.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Agree, hopefully the finale finishes up strong.

Will Heath make an appearance? What was the helicopter about? Where is the trash woman who is now a clean freak? Does Morgan pull a Forrest Gump and just start running until he runs into FTWD?
Sq1dvm
AG
I forgot all about Heath. Disappeared with Tara on an overpass if I recall? I gave up on FTWD halfway through the first season, but I have to say the trailers for the new one look good. What say you, Entertainment Board? Should I go watch seasons 2 and 3 or just jump into 4 on FTWD?

(edit to make fun of myself. "What say you?"? Who talks like that? Channeled my inner Ezekiel.)
duck79
AG
I remember reading that Heath was supposed to come back this season(I think it was an interview after 24 had concluded).

Well 1 episode left for that to happen
Clavell
AG
I gave up a couple episodes into Season 2 of FTWD. I plan to give season 4 a shot for a couple of episodes. Best I can tell it looks like it may mostly be a reboot. Either way, no way going back to watch rest of 2 and 3.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
FTWD got good IMO when in Season 2 after Chris was killed/murdered. This totally changed Travis and the tone of the group.. After that the show started getting remarkable better. There were still some bad episodes/scenes such as Daniels' hallucination episode. But overall it had turned a corner.

The 2nd half of season 2 is much better than the 1st. All of season 3 is better than season 2. Season 3 built upon the end of season 2 and finally had a surprise death out of nowhere to a main character.

The end of season 3 left a huge cliff-hanger and setup season 4 to go in several directions with old and new characters. It will be very interesting to see how much time elapses between season 3 and 4 due to Morgan joining FTWD.

The final episodes in season 3 were the strongest the show has had.
coupland boy
AG
Hey you!
cupcakesprinkles
AG
coupland boy said:

Hey you!

Haha, you're a funny guy!

NICU Dad
AG
Has FTWD hit Netflix yet, or is it available to stream from AMC?

I started Walking Dead late, so I watched via Netflix until I caught up at the start of this current season.

The downward spiral of Walking Dead has me curious to see if the spin off series caught the suck too.

I'll end up watching Walking Dead longer because at this point, it has become too comical to quit.
LHIOB
AG
In an effort to make FTWD as bad at TWD the producers have decided to add Morgan to the cast.
duck79
AG
If Morgan is joining FTWD does that mean he may be killed off in TWD? I realize in the timeline it doesn't matter but are both shows produced at the same time?
Joseph Parrish
AG
duck79 said:

If Morgan is joining FTWD does that mean he may be killed off in TWD? I realize in the timeline it doesn't matter but are both shows produced at the same time?

I don't think that's possible. I think he'd leave the group in TWD, and run into the group from FTWD.
duck79
AG
I don't watch FTWD but assumed it was basically a prequel to TWD. Is that not the case?
Joseph Parrish
AG
duck79 said:

I don't watch FTWD but assumed it was basically a prequel to TWD. Is that not the case?

I have never watched it either, but I think they're gonna make the timelines overlap.
DannyDuberstein
AG
duck79 said:

I guess it was somewhat prequel-ish in that the first season showed the breakout actually occurring. So you got to see the lead-up and immediate aftermath (on the West Coast) vs Rick waking up after the **** has gone down in Georgia. But once it covered that portion of the story all in season 1, it basically went into a West Coast version of TWD. Wouldn't be hard to merge timelines.

Instead of prequel, I'd describe it more as the "same" story but from a different location/characters, and it just happened to spend the first few episodes showing you the outbreak.
duck79
AG
Thank you
Rocagnante
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/ew.com/tv/2018/04/11/the-walking-dead-season-8-finale-showrunner-scott-gimple/amp/

Gimple says finale will wrap up first 8 seasons. Hopefully this means Saviors win and show focuses on Neegan going forward instead of Rick.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Wrap up his involvement maybe. He was "promoted" and won't be the show runner going forward.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Sucks that he's still gonna be involved, but Gimple leaving as showrunner is a positive sign for me. The show started it's downhill trend when he took over and has only picked up steam since then. It was apparent from his appearances on TD that he was very pleased with himself and fancied himself as the most clever guy in the room. Sayonara, Gimple.
gomerschlep
AG
Neegan needs to die tonight. But he won't.
LHIOB
AG
Gimple thinks hes making smart, clever, origional TV. Hes not.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
So this is gonna end in 20 min!
SeattleAgJr
gomerschlep said:

Neegan needs to die tonight. But he won't.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
What did Rick and the gang see that made them all stop and gawk? I couldn't make anything out. They just said they'd never seen one that big. Was it a herd?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Andre the Giant's zombie peenis
Joseph Parrish
AG
Wow, Rick again ****ing things up. Kill him!....Save him! Well then why did you cut his throat dip****.

Make up your damn mind!
Cy_Tolliver
Lol ok I was doing other things but did rick kill negan or not? I thought he did then Maggie was crying. Who knows
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Well, I'm finally done. Can't believe they pulled that chicken**** move. The Negan story continues on into.ywt another season. Nope. Nope. Not doing it. Sunk cost of 8 seasons be damned. Done.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Haven't watched this season. Worth it to binge them sometime, or no?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.