*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,338 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
Sq1dvm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I kinda liked this one. The actor who plays Simon killed it. Also thought Jadis dropping out of the heapster speak was a good scene too, I really thought she was gonna do a swan dive into the grinder. And dead heapsters. We can all be glad for dead heapsters.
Trident 88
AG
Still wondering why garbage dump people speakum like injuns.

Did anyone ever figure that out?!
coupland boy
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

LOL at the trash people ground beef conveyor. Time to slap some patties together and fire up the bbq pit.

Hamburger helper
Sq1dvm
AG
Soylent Green is made out of heapsters...... IT'S MADE OUT OF HEAPSTERS!!
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Trident 88 said:

Did you watch tonight's episode?
Jadis explained it. The landfill was the canvas. The people were the paint. They could create something new.

Or some stupid bull**** like that.
Counterpoint
AG
Gota De Limon said:

Trident 88 said:

Jadis explained it. The landfill was the canvas. The people were the paint. They could create something new.

So they talked like that because they were doing an art project? Is that why Jadis stopped talking like that when everyone died? I didn't hate the trash people, but they sure were confusing!

coupland boy
AG
I'm thinking either Simon or Negan will be ground chuck.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Counterpoint said:

Gota De Limon said:

Trident 88 said:

So they talked like that because they were doing an art project? Is that why Jadis stopped talking like that when everyone died? I didn't hate the trash people, but they sure were confusing!

They were creating a new society, man. They weren't constrained by the rules of the world any more, brother.
No need to bother with articles of speech in the brave new world; why waste so much time when there's molten metal to pour over walkers and heaps of garbage to create????
cupcakesprinkles
AG
So now the gay guy is infiltrating the lesbian community?

All of the characters who I want to see more screen-time are the Saviors. Simon, Negan, Eugene. Too bad they killed of the other guy last week by getting a stick to the neck because he was interesting as well.

coupland boy
AG
Solar panels aren't going to have power to run that meat grinder.
ellebee
coupland boy said:

DannyDuberstein said:

LOL at the trash people ground beef conveyor. Time to slap some patties together and fire up the bbq pit.

Hamburger heapster

Fify
coupland boy
AG
In a post apocalyptic world would you do Jadis? Not that weird speaking one but the one that let her guard down?
coupland boy
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jadis looks like the kind of gal that mightt secretly handcuff a guy to the bedpost, and next thing he knows, he's trapped and she's putting on the strap-on

For the record, i do not speak from experience
jr15aggie
AG
During Negans speech to Rick I couldn't help but picture the Morgan Freeman "he's right you know" meme.

I liked the episode though.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Were a bulk the heapsters CGI? Because they looked like CGI.
Ghost91
- What was the deal with the kooky herky-jerky camera work and random zooming in on faces? Supposed to be artsy?

- So the garbage people just CHOSE to talk in 2-word sentences until they were getting wiped out, then it's back to talking normal? Why?

- Gay Aaron's Plan is to squat next a tree outside the All-female camp until....something?

Did this show start sucking as soon as it caught up with the comics and then had to start thinking for itself? Seems like that's right around the time that the suckage started.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Ghost91 said:

Did this show start sucking as soon as it caught up with the comics and then had to start thinking for itself? Seems like that's right around the time that the suckage started.
IMO the issue was that the show was tied too closely to the comics. They tried a couple of side stories but the main ending was almost always the same as the comics so once people realized this then there weren't any new surprises that could shock the audience. The killing of Carl is the first step to go their own direction b/c without him a huge story-line completely changes that was in the comics. They now have new directions they can take that will be completely separate from the comics. To me that is very interesting. Carl was one of the 2-3 characters I thought would never be killed.

Now it seems that the show will start thinking for itself so we'll see how that goes.
91_Aggie
AG
I started watching the first episode of this 2nd half.

had to quit 75 seconds in... (I may go back to it).

Quit it with the slow motion shots of peoples faces making expressions!!! dear lord, what a waste of air time... Carl getting bit was the one I'm talking about.

teecoy
AG
I thought this was a pretty good episode...actor who plays Simon kills it. Most compelling WD in awhile...
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Still wanna know where Eugene is getting his powder, primers, etc. from for his reloading endeavor.
Sq1dvm
AG
I enjoyed the reverse Han / Lando blind shot.
DannyDuberstein
AG
No way does a dumb, worthless sack of crap like Tara survive a zombie apocolypse this long
cupcakesprinkles
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

No way does a dumb, worthless sack of crap like Tara survive a zombie apocolypse this long
Hopefully she is next. She's now reached the level of disgust I had with Andrea where I hope in every scene that a zombie bites her.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
coupland boy
AG
So if they all have this zombie disease such that they turn when they die anyway, what does it matter if you get bit?
SeattleAgJr
coupland boy said:

So if they all have this zombie disease such that they turn when they die anyway, what does it matter if you get bit?
it is a really dumb plot point.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
coupland boy said:

Lolwut?

Look, this show has become so bad it's comical but this is like saying "well, since we're all gonna die anyway why shouldn't we skydive without a parachute?".
The bite kills you.
jr15aggie
AG
I especially loved the part where Dr. & Preacher were just talking it up, having a good old time... but as soon as the bear trap got his leg... zombies... zombies everywhere!!!!! Zombies caught in other traps, zombies that just happen to be passing by... doesn't matter, just zombies!!!
coupland boy
AG
Gota De Limon said:

coupland boy said:

Lolwut?

Look, this show has become so bad it's comical but this is like saying "well, since we're all gonna die anyway why shouldn't we skydive without a parachute?".
The bite kills you.

No. If, when you die, you turn, there is already the stuff in your bloodstream to make you turn. The question is what is it that a bite carries beyond what's already in your body?

Hey, I know. Zombies. So why am I questioning this? I guess it's because of what Negan seems to be suggesting....a biological warfare type thing it seems.
gigemags-99
AG
coupland boy said:

Gota De Limon said:

coupland boy said:

Lolwut?

The bite kills you.

No. If, when you die, you turn, there is already the stuff in your bloodstream to make you turn. The question is what is it that a bite carries beyond what's already in your body?

Hey, I know. Zombies. So why am I questioning this? I guess it's because of what Negan seems to be suggesting....a biological warfare type thing it seems.

The bite causes severe infection, which causes death. They have explained it a few times early on, but it's been a while. The bite does not cause you to turn directly, but you are doomed to die and then turn.

Give all of the zombies these and I assume we are safe:

coupland boy
AG
Thanks.
coupland boy
AG
I've often wondered about the mathematics of the walkers. Seems as if there'd be some diminishing numbers of them. Maybe some concerted effort to eradicate them would make entire areas almost devoid of them after 8 seasons/years.

That's not thinking like a producer I guess.
AgTDub
AG
So now Negan is planning on launching zombie body parts into the Hilltop as a sort of biological warfare?

Although they've all smeared zombie blood and guts all over themselves many times with no ill effects?

Do I have that correct?
SeattleAgJr
AgTDub said:

So now Negan is planning on launching zombie body parts into the Hilltop as a sort of biological warfare?

Although they've all smeared zombie blood and guts all over themselves many times with no ill effects?

Do I have that correct?
Not just blood/guts, but sharp items and other projectiles so the skin is punctured.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.