*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,396 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
et98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's faking it so he can get close to the doc and devise a plan to escape together. It's all part of the "plan."
Joseph Parrish
AG
et98 said:

He's faking it so he can get close to the doc and devise a plan to escape together. It's all part of the "plan."
The writing has been so bad, this wouldn't shock me.
Sq1dvm
AG
I know some of y'all read the comics; anyone read the Negan backstory? Was thinking of ordering for a Christmas gift for my 15 y.o. nephew who loves the show.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Sq1dvm said:

I know some of y'all read the comics;

This used to be a four letter word around here.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Sq1dvm said:

I know some of y'all read the comics; anyone read the Negan backstory? Was thinking of ordering for a Christmas gift for my 15 y.o. nephew who loves the show.

I haven't, but I read "Rise of the Governor" and I can say it was the single worse piece of garbage I have ever read. I swore I wouldn't read any more of the "novels" after that.

So a 15 year old would probably love it.
aTmLoKi
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Sq1dvm said:

I know some of y'all read the comics;

This used to be a four letter word around here.
The show has now become that four letter word.
Aggie Infantry
AG
Maybe Fr. Gabriel had a cut or open wound? Smearing Z-blood on it would cause infection...

Just guessing...
Chipotlemonger
AG
Just to be clear, are the comics still running? Do they ever end? Or is it also just a rambling story.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Just to be clear, are the comics still running? Do they ever end? Or is it also just a rambling story.

Still running but coming out at a slower pace. Quality is down too, but we've seen a little uptick in the story once the Saviors storyline finally ended.
91_Aggie
AG
I finally watched the rest of this.

So, RICK has this elaborate plan that depended on getting the trash people and keeping the sanctuary surrounded by walkers.

But Daryl decides to screw that up by driving a truck into it. And then the saviors decide "Oh, we have always had the means to shoot our way out because only Eugene could have come up with that plan"

Yikes.
Cy_Tolliver
OK I have not liked this season but other than sports I really have zero shows to watch (well, I've seen some of Curb your enthusiasm)

Every time Tara hits the screen I feel like my life force has been taken from me. I've never disliked a character more than her

Well it's the "midseason finale", whatever that means. Let's see what happens.
Canyon99
I missed the first 15 minutes. What happened? I picked up where Coral and Michone were packing up to get the hell out.
Cy_Tolliver
I'm about 15 to 20 minutes behind because I delay the start of this show to speed through commercials, but basically Rick and the trash people tried to attack Sanctuary and got ripped up. Then despite that bullets were all around him when he was hiding, Rick managed to run out in the open and get in an SUV driven by Carol and get away.

Oh and Carl is terrible.
Laser Wolf
Eugene is just terrible.
mazzag
AG
Red machete reveal has been the best part so far.
Cy_Tolliver
Eugene's phony accent is so bad I literally can't understand him most of the time.
SeattleAgJr
I want to thank all of you who are still soldiering through this terrible show.

As someone who wisely gave it up, I live vicariously through your tears and frustration without having to experience it first hand.

Keep it up!
beanbean
Cy_Tolliver said:

I'm about 15 to 20 minutes behind because I delay the start of this show to speed through commercials, but basically Rick and the trash people tried to attack Sanctuary and got ripped up. Then despite that bullets were all around him when he was hiding, Rick managed to run out in the open and get in an SUV driven by Carol and get away.

Oh and Carl is terrible.
Why why why, can't they stop by an abandoned CVS or Walgreens and grab Carl an eye patch? Or freaking make one. Instead of that damn dirty gauze.
beanbean
OK, just saw the ending. I say haha, good!!
Olsen
AG
The long-awaited ending to Carl's storyline is finally here.
Laser Wolf
brucoh said:

OK, just saw the ending. I say haha, good!!

I was like meh, don't care.
teecoy
AG
How did he get bit? I was like halfway paying attention and missed how it happened?
SeattleAgJr
Glenn. Dumpster.

Part 2.
mazzag
AG
His watch has finally ended
Olsen
AG
I find that Carl's death by a walker bite was imminent. He almost got himself killed by a walker in season 2 and he's the reason why Dale died.
Sports-Ag
AG
I feel like they foreshadowed Carl's death throughout the show. If the writers find a way to keep Carl alive I just can't.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
They didn't show it. I think when he was knocked out
mazzag
AG
Daryl and Tara are at fault for all this
Cy_Tolliver
So Carl is dead?

This is a good thing, aside from Tara who I keep hoping will get bit or shot or run over in the most violent way possible, Carl was a terrible character.
beanbean
teecoy said:

How did he get bit? I was like halfway paying attention and missed how it happened?
Didn't show it. All very weak. Hilarious how they are trying to present it as a profound sense of loss on the Talking Crap show. We're way past this point now guys. This used to work back when like Hershel got killed, but people are getting so far detached from this show now that it's all just like...."whatever." I don't give a crap who dies now. I feel like I'm stuck in a bad marriage with this show since I've watched it from the beginning and can't bring myself to quit it.
Olsen
AG
Gimple confirmed on Talking Dead that it's a walker bite. Hershel ain't alive anymore to save Carl's ass this time.
mazzag
AG
"Bites will play out as bites play out" but we never saw what happened to Jim after he was left by the tree. And the Dr is coming back. So Carl lives.
beanbean
mazzag said:

Daryl and Tara are at fault for all this
They are all at fault for not taking out Negan and his whole board of management when all of them were standing out on the balcony in the first episode. Idiots. They all deserve to die.
maca1028
2 episodes behind and haven't read anything in here. Let me guess, something crazy happened tonight leaving us with another cliffhanger that won't get answered until the end of the 2nd half premiere. Then of course followed by several episodes of boring dialogue and ****ty acting.
Amirite?
beanbean
maca1028 said:

2 episodes behind and haven't read anything in here. Let me guess, something crazy happened tonight leaving us with another cliffhanger that won't get answered until the end of the 2nd half premiere. Then of course followed by several episodes of boring dialogue and ****ty acting.
Amirite?
It was even a crazy or exciting ending. It was just like, "meh" like another poster said above.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.