*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,383 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
coupland boy said:

I've often wondered about the mathematics of the walkers. Seems as if there'd be some diminishing numbers of them. Maybe some concerted effort to eradicate them would make entire areas almost devoid of them after 8 seasons/years.

That's not thinking like a producer I guess.
at some point, the tissues would rot/fall off enough that the walkers would no longer be mobile, especially in the hotter/warmer climates like the south and east coast.

swamp zombies would have rotted to literal pieces....

stupid logic.
CDub06
AG
I caught up on this stupid freaking show last night. WHAT THE CRAP WAS THAT NONSENSE WITH THE BLIND PREACHER AND THE DOCTOR?

They walk into a room full of prescription drug bottles and sometime later, after the doctor has been sitting and pondering among the bottles, the blind guy says "What is this?" and the doctor is like "BY JOE! YOU'VE DISCOVERED PRESCRIPTION DRUGS IN THESE PRESCRIPTION DRUG BOTTLES! I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT TO LOOK THERE! YOU'RE SAVED"
GCRanger
AG
Wife and I were laughing - cringing at the whole doctor priest thing.
1. Priest checking out the HAM radio, and doc comes in and they have a chat before he has fully cleared the house. How the heck, after years in zombie apocalypse is it not second nature to fully clear a house before doing anything else.
2. They don't immediately check all the prescription bottles for something of use and check the gun and room for anything else that is useful
3. Doctor doesn't read sign as they walk up to the house let alone on their way out. It's the blind guy that notices the warning of BEAR TRAPS.
4. Zombies magically appear when trap goes off
5. Blind priest magically shoots the zombie
6. The zombie's trapped by bear traps don't rip their own legs off trying to get to the doctor. These ones must feel pain or something
7. Doctor stupidly goes for gun when 3-4 other saviors are right around them....the priests building faith that God is saving them is dashed in one moment of stupidity.

I can't stop watching at this point, it's been years of following these idiots around. Now it's like watching a train wreck.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I'm assuming this has been discussed but I didn't read the entire thread.

Why the hell hasn't the gas in all these vehicles turned to complete sludge? They must have an endless supply of Stabil or **** loads of fuel filters and carburetor cleaner.
Fairview
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

I'm assuming this has been discussed but I didn't read the entire thread.

Why the hell hasn't the gas in all these vehicles turned to complete sludge? They must have an endless supply of Stabil or **** loads of fuel filters and carburetor cleaner.

My assumption is it's just something they ignore to keep the plot going and have the ability to have distance between groups. I can get over that, but what annoys me is they have almost any car available and they always drive beat up POS's. I did notice in the last episode a savior was driving a late model Ram but for the most part it's total junkers.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
The gas thing is WAY down on the list of stupid things this show ignores/is unaware of/doesn't consider.
FTAG 2000
AG
Just gonna check out until season finale and tune in to see the battle. Show is a waste otherwise.
maca1028
How is FTWD holding up? I gave up 2 episodes into last season.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
maca1028 said:

IMO it's better than TWD. It turned a corner around the time Chris was killed/murdered. The new areas that were introduced (not the ranch) were intriguing and you get a sense of why decisions are being made by the main characters in how there isn't always a clear cut good vs evil decision.

The end of season 3 changed everything so I am looking forward to see what's in store for season 4.
Agnzona
I haven't watched in a few seasons. Is the overriding theme still Zombies are a nuisance but people are the real problem? And how are they many zombies anymore?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Maggie is the hottest/fittest 7 month pregnant chick ever.
Counterpoint
AG
allshine said:

maca1028 said:

IMO it's better than TWD. It turned a corner around the time Chris was killed/murdered. The new areas that were introduced (not the ranch) were intriguing and you get a sense of why decisions are being made by the main characters in how there isn't always a clear cut good vs evil decision.

The end of season 3 changed everything so I am looking forward to see what's in store for season 4.
Damn I always back the wrong horse.
I stuck with TWD instead of FTWD.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Counterpoint said:

allshine said:

maca1028 said:

Damn I always back the wrong horse.
I stuck with TWD instead of FTWD.

Me too. I gave up Fear after the Mexican hacienda fire and faux Johnny Depp's constant smearing/cleaning of zombie guts on himself.
bigtruckguy3500
Ol Jock 99 said:

Maggie is the hottest/fittest 7 month pregnant chick ever.

Six months pregnant https://instagr.am/p/BWLBATRHCiE

Eight months pregnant
?fit=inside|750:800&output-quality=100
jr15aggie
AG
First of all... Don't believe it.

Second of all... The whole point is for them to stick out. That way every time you are in public together you get to walk a little taller. Every time you pass somebody you get to non verbally say, "that's right, I did that!"

Poor Glenn missed out on the bragging rights!
CDub06
AG
Yeah... that's just disturbing to me...
zooguy96
Wow, why am I watching this episode again?
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
HTownAg98
Rick shoots like most cops. Can't hit the broad side of a barn.
Counterpoint
AG
HTownAg98 said:

(Unless shooting walkers...when he becomes an expert deadeye sharpshooting marksman.)

$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Also, in classic TWD writer fashion....let's not have Rick walk up to the car silently while Negan lay stunned and scared after the car has flipped. No, let's have Rick start spraying and praying at the car from 50 yards away so that Negan can react and run to cover.

Also, Negan looking at the bat before the roadtrip and saying "you look beautiful, baby" damn near caused my eyes to roll out of their sockets.
boogieman
AG
Not sure why he unloaded a mag into the bottom side of the car.

*edited clip to mag...before the Outdoors board kicks me out.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Kill the cheesy lines, bad decision making, and irrational thought and this show could be good again. You don't need terrible decision making to create suspense and conflict in a zombie apocalypse setting. Ugh, why do I still hold out hope this show will get good again?!
SeattleAgJr
Revival03 said:

Kill the cheesy lines, bad decision making, and irrational thought and this show could be good again. You don't need terrible decision making to create suspense and conflict in a zombie apocalypse setting. Ugh, why do I still hold out hope this show will get good again?!
all they had to do was follow the damn comic.
this is literally the best storyline, and from what I have read they have completely ****ed it up.
Two Gun Corcoran
AG
Rick could have easily killed Negan multiple times by now. It's obvious he's letting him live so they can team up and take on Simon. Advisories putting aside their differences to come together and defeat a common foe; it's the classic buddy picture formula!
Stive
AG
And now there's just some random lady in a clean business suit driving around selling windmill plans?

That may be part of the comic but it seemed so freaking random to me (a non-comic reader).
DannyDuberstein
AG
The A Key to the Future Lesbo Patrol was a new low.
91_Aggie
AG
Still haven't summoned up the interest to get past the part of the 1st episode of this 2nd half where Carl and the arab are opening up the sewer to go down.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Stive said:

And now there's just some random lady in a clean business suit driving around selling windmill plans?

That may be part of the comic but it seemed so freaking random to me (a non-comic reader).
It's not in the comics. So far it is a horrible story line and makes no sense in the 10 minutes of screen time it received. I'm willing to overlook Rick randomly spraying a flipped over car with bullets even though he could run up to it and put Negan out of his misery but that woman with the two teenagers is just weird. Even weirder than the trash people story line who are all hamburger meat. I thought that story line was stupid but I enjoyed the ending of it.

Whos Juan
AG
Stive said:

I really wanted the plans to be for a monorail.
Counterpoint
AG
Whos Juan said:

Stive said:

I really wanted the plans to be for a monorail.
She DID look like that guy...

wessimo
AG
Watched all the seasons up to this one. Just checking in to see if I'm missing out on an uptick in the quality of this show. Sounds like a big fat no.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yes I haven't watched any of the recent episodes....not sure I will. They're on the DVR though still.
toucan82
I was watching the scene with Enid and the beachwomen and remember thinking that what the show needed was another community of people doing stupid things
Cibalo
when the zombie apocalypse comes and someone in my group references something that was done in the Walking Dead as a solution I'm shooting them
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Where the hell did the queen of the trash people come from to capture negan? Was she just wandering by happenstance?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.