*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,364 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
Marcus Aurelius
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Neegan still alive according to Rick. I am done with this series if this schtick continues. Show needs a HUGE change.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Neegan still alive according to Rick. I am done with this series if this schtick continues. Show needs a HUGE change.

IF it continues? You just saw that it IS continuing.
What a ****show.
mazzag
AG
Yes.
Sq1dvm
AG
I thought it was ok. I kinda like the idea of Maggie and Darryl vs Rick. Could be interesting. I'm also enjoyed Eugene's betrayal. Honestly did not see that coming, and that's been rare in the past few seasons.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Sq1dvm said:

I thought it was ok. I kinda like the idea of Maggie and Darryl vs Rick. Could be interesting. I'm also enjoyed Eugene's betrayal. Honestly did not see that coming, and that's been rare in the past few seasons.

Still not convinced that Eugene honestly didn't just **** up and try to pass it off as intentional. That would be classic Eugene. He said he got the idea when Gabriel did it but that was like two days before the big climax. Then again, these writers suck so bad they just don't care.
mazzag
AG
He told Gabriel he's the last one to lose faith at a time like this. Or something like that. Eugene did this in purpose.
jr15aggie
AG
No idea where they are going with this now... And no idea how it's not going to be substantially worse than the last two seasons.

The answer is probably:. They don't know either and it will probably will get much worse.
SeattleAgJr
Yelnick McWawa said:

Well, I'm finally done. Can't believe they pulled that chicken**** move. The Negan story continues on into.ywt another season. Nope. Nope. Not doing it. Sunk cost of 8 seasons be damned. Done.
To be fair that is how the comic book series went down (at least as far as Neegan living
SeattleAgJr
jr15aggie said:

No idea where they are going with this now... And no idea how it's not going to be substantially worse than the last two seasons.

The answer is probably:. They don't know either and it will probably will get much worse.
That story beat is one of the few that is actually from the comics. Neegan is still alive, 60+ issues later
Ol Jock 99
AG
Jesus waxing about being nice on the way to war was a bit much.

A Civil War is an interesting idea, but I don't see them doing it.

And as unimpressed as we are, AmEx is still making WD specific ads. So see y'all next season.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Kind of wished they had killed Negan to split from the comics even more since they killed Carl. He is the best character in the comics but they couldn't translate it to the show. The more they split from the comics then the better the show will be IMO.

Will be interesting to see what season 9 holds now that there isn't an enemy to rally against.

Maggie, Jesus, and Daryl vs Rick is a real intersting dynamic if they continue down that path.

Will Maggie start "showing" by season 9? Lol

LHIOB
AG
Having them turn on each other is the best thing they have done in seasons.

This writing is still terrible.
TXAG 05
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Well, I'm finally done. Can't believe they pulled that chicken**** move. The Negan story continues on into.ywt another season. Nope. Nope. Not doing it. Sunk cost of 8 seasons be damned. Done.

You'll be back
Olsen
AG
The fact that Negan was able to survive from that throat slit.... wow.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

You'll be back

Nope. I seriously have lost all interest.
MEEN Ag 05
AG
Just wanted to stop by and say "thanks" to everyone who stuck with this show through this season.

I'd had enough after the last season and now I just read the show summaries on Fox News and the reactions here - and am immensely more entertained than I ever was in the last season of the show I watched.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
If you go into it knowing that the glory days are behind the show then yes it is worth it. It isn't nearly as good as it was the first couple of seasons but it still has its entertaining moments.
Hulla Baller
AG
Why does Jesus want to go against Rick and kill Neegan? I thought he was all about saving people. I didn't understand him being a part of that final conversation. IMO, that is going the opposite direction they were taking us with his character.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Agree, did not get why he was in the room at all.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Because it was SURPRISING TWIST!! Don't question Gimple/Kirkman!
LHIOB
AG
Because he's with Maggie and she wants him dead.
toucan82
Because it's what Carl would have wanted
Joseph Parrish
AG
Because this show can't make up it's mind on whether or not the people setting out to kill somebody suddenly want to keep said target alive when they finally do get the opportunity to kill them.

Confusing enough? Yeah, that's about right though.
ClickClack
AG
ClickClack said:

So does anyone know why they shot out the windows?

Also Tara with that twizzler stick acting like she's some badass...kind of looking forward to her death now. I hope Lucille has one more victim and it's her.

Tara still alive.
Ol Jock 99
AG
But we know why they shot out the windows: a "we're all friends" moment.
EllisCoAg
AG
it is almost like the writers tried to make it as anti-climatic as possible
Gigem314
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Why does Jesus want to go against Rick and kill Neegan? I thought he was all about saving people. I didn't understand him being a part of that final conversation. IMO, that is going the opposite direction they were taking us with his character.
It works because he's basically the #2 leader at Hilltop beneath Maggie and they work very closely together. My impression is they were having a normal conversation...then things turn dark (hence the music) and she starts talking about Rick. It's very likely that Jesus disagrees. I don't think they were having a 'plot against Rick' meeting. I think they were having a conversation about Hilltop moving forward and she just abruptly brings it up...and Darryl comes forward to agree with her.

Personally, I like the plot twist. And they had to have some kind of cliffhanger to get people back for S9, especially with Negan and the Saviors neutralized.

My guess is the disagreement will be at the center of the S9 plot...but more of a 'Captain America: Civil War" type of disagreement and not a 'Maggie and Darryl become the new bad guys' kind of thing...and then some threat comes in that brings both sides back together again. Maybe they kill some of the former Saviors, but I don't see them replacing the Saviors as the new villians. There are too many Darryl fans for that...haha.

And I don't think they can go with another Governor/Negan type of villian again...because you really can't out-do the brutality of Negan. I hope with Gimple moving to another role, they can come up with some more original ideas and back away from the tribal war thing.
Sports-Ag
AG
toucan82 said:

Because it's what Carl would have wanted

Tired of hearing that the second half of this season. Hopefully the writers will not write that in the next season but most likely they will.
ClickClack
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

But we know why they shot out the windows: a "we're all friends" moment.

Right. At least we got a follow through on that huge plot line. They brought windows!
SeattleAgJr
Gigem314 said:

Quote:

I hope with Gimple moving to another role, they can come up with some more original ideas and back away from the tribal war thing.

Oh you sweet summer child.

That is ALL that the Walking Dead has.

That has been every "group" they have encountered up to this point, and is the same for at least the next two groups they meet.

That is the world they live in.

Either you fight internally with your group, or it is against the next external bad guy.
Sports-Ag
AG
The last episode felt like a series finale up into the whole Maggie part in the end.

Don't understand how Carl is boy wonder and the model of life now. The whole saving Negan was ridiculous. This whole season was to kill him then the last few seconds nope Rick changes his mind.

Jesus being in the room with Maggie was strange. So if the group kills Negan I don't see Rick killing the group.
Gigem314
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Gigem314 said:

Quote:

I hope with Gimple moving to another role, they can come up with some more original ideas and back away from the tribal war thing.

Oh you sweet summer child.

That is ALL that the Walking Dead has.

That has been every "group" they have encountered up to this point, and is the same for at least the next two groups they meet.

That is the world they live in.

Either you fight internally with your group, or it is against the next external bad guy.
I know I know.

That will always be part of it because, as you say, it's the world they live in. But I feel like they took a sharp turn to the extreme on that when they got to Alexandria. Too much filler with that...and little development on anything else...unlike the first few seasons where there was a nice mix.

But this is what typically happens to most shows once they reach 8 seasons.

Still holding out hope they can end on a high note with S9.
Stive
AG
I miss some of the survivalist and scrounging aspects to zombie life. Those were nice filler episodes but we haven't had one in a long time.
coupland boy
AG
Q - WWJD?

A - pop a cap in Negan
gomerschlep
AG
gomerschlep said:

Neegan needs to die tonight. But he won't.
Called that one

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.