*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,384 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think folks are being too tough on it, personally. Sure, there were some eyerollers, and the writers still think they are more clever than they are, but it was fine action popcorn. And if you are expecting more than action popcorn, I'm not sure what to tell you.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree. One thing I do like is that it has a solid amount if tension. You never know when Negan is going to turn the tables and push Rick's **** in yet again.
mazzag
AG
Not all pregnant but women have morning sickness and morning sickness isn't necessarily related to seeing gross things.
ClickClack
AG
mazzag said:

Not all pregnant but women have morning sickness and morning sickness isn't necessarily related to seeing gross things.

But most women have extremely sensitive sense of smell when they're pregnant, which I think is what he was referring to.
wessimo
AG
Best part was "Another One Rides the Bus".

Why am I still watching this schizz?
kapon
AG
Yep
GIG 'EM!
oh no
AG
I think the writers wanted viewers to wonder what the f was up with the big owl prop... but no one cares. all fans are talking about is how bad that shiite was. ...no one should be surprised though... we left off last season with a freaking tiger taking a dude out as he was about to execute someone.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I wish they had some Kingdom guard that looked like Hans Gruber to give the order

Schiess dem fenster.
Shoot the glass!

Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

what the f was up with the big owl prop
Missed it. Do what??
oh no
AG
old man rick scene - he gets out of bed walking with his cane... and there's a festival going on outside where they made a giant owl statue or something...
Ol Jock 99
AG
Ah, gotcha. I just took it as getting ready for a party of some sort.
LHIOB
AG
Ive never seen a show pat it's self on the back like TWD
Gregg Papivich
Sq1dvm said:

So FTWD picked up hunh? I only made it through 3/4 of the first season. I really dislike the main people (other than the barber and the boat guy, I hated them all.) I figured it would get better once they were "survivors" instead of people freaking out adjusting to the apocalypse. Maybe it's time for me to check it out again. I enjoyed the premier of season 8, certainly not as much as some of the older seasons, but better than season 7.

Stopped watching a few episodes into season 2 when it was going live, it was way too slow, binge watched it a few weeks ago and starting halfway through season 2 it picks up and surprisingly the writing and pace is decent, the acting is better. Still a cheesy show but somehow loads better than the walking dead.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Prosperdick
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I wish they had some Kingdom guard that looked like Hans Gruber to give the order

Schiess dem fenster.
Shoot the glass!

Of course it's das fenster...since glass is neutral. The other choices are der (masculine) and die (feminine).

That's 2 years of high school German talking. I need to go back and see if Hans flubbed that line...I know most of the German in that movie was half gibberish.

I suppose I should just take it to the Die Hard thread.
Max Power
AG
Why do I keep watching this show? That showdown with Negan was pointless. They locate all the lookouts and assassinate them, yet don't immediately kill Negan when he goes outside? Blowing through that much ammunition for windows? Didn't the priest have his gun with him in the trailer with Negan? There are better options on Sunday night, why do I watch this?
Seanzy2012
AG
Max Power said:

Why do I keep watching this show? That showdown with Negan was pointless. They locate all the lookouts and assassinate them, yet don't immediately kill Negan when he goes outside? Blowing through that much ammunition for windows? Didn't the priest have his gun with him in the trailer with Negan? There are better options on Sunday night, why do I watch this?

Because there is literally nothing else.

I've tried, I really have, but it's harder and harder to find tv shows that I'm actually interested in. Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead have been my regulars but now TWD sucks....I feel like all the praise that television has been getting lately has made for some bad television.

Looks like the pendulum will swing back to movies now but movies have been pretty awful too.

You can try to sell me your superhero shows, but I can never make it out of the first episodes.

Ozark was the last decent show I felt like I watched. Wouldn't mind another WWII Band of Brothers or The Pacific type of show maybe. I've just about exhausted Netflix documentaries.

LHIOB
AG
Better Call Saul
Fargo
West World
The Man in the High Castle

There are plenty of good shows out there
Joseph Parrish
AG
Seanzy2012 said:

I've just about exhausted Netflix documentaries.

Lol, I can relate.
beanbean
LHIOB said:

Ive never seen a show pat it's self on the back like TWD
A 2 hour Talking Dead? That was ridiculous. All these talking whatever shows are getting out of hand. I'm surprised they don't have a "Talking Turn" or "talking Halt and Catch Fire." Or do they? Do we really need these shows?
Stive
AG
The Deuce is 1,000x better and it's on Sunday nights as well. The downside though is that next week is the season finale.
jr15aggie
AG
Finally watched it last night. It wasn't bad overall. But I agree, too much stuff just doesn't make any logical sense. Why Negan and company would walk right out in the open was stupifying... And why it turned into social hour after was even more so.
Knut
AG
I get Negan walking out, and the back in forth. That's just part of the show. What I don't understand is when they start shooting why not kill off one of the "no names" that were standing up there? Also just show Negan being shot. Then he quickly dives back in the building, and he just survives the gun shot wound.

Wasting all that ammo was ridiculous.
aTmAg
AG
Were there flashes coming from the windows? I don't feel like watching it again to confirm, but I get the impression they were trying to portray (poorly) that there was gunfire coming from those windows. Or am I smoking crack?
D`Funkaladu`
AG
I seem to remember sparks from ricochets on their sheet metal "armor" so there was return fire from somewhere.

I thought shooting out the windows was to take out any snipers as well as keep them away from the high windows so they wouldn't have as much warning about the coming hoard of walkers. The whole meet & greet was just a distraction to allow the walkers to get in if they didn't turn on Neegan.
91_Aggie
AG
geno said:

Everyone is a sharpshooter until they need to shoot Negan
This episode was an A-Team episode. A bajillion shots fired and not a single person hit.
oh no
AG
they'll have to spend weeks at the bullet factory before the next battle.

...on another note, didn't they give all their guns to the saviors/negan, then find more guns from the beach lady clan to give to the weird alien dump/landfill clan that turned on them? ... I must say that this crew did a great job acquiring some really nice weapons and ammunition between seasons in order to shoot windows out ...maybe the tiger kingdom had a few guns.. maybe they got some guns back when everyone scattered as the tiger arrived on the battlefield last season?
FTACO97
AG
aTmAg said:

Were there flashes coming from the windows? I don't feel like watching it again to confirm, but I get the impression they were trying to portray (poorly) that there was gunfire coming from those windows. Or am I smoking crack?
This....I think what they very poorly were portraying was that there were a large # of shooters posted behind those windows as it was a very tall building and they were shooting at them, not just trying to shoot out the glass. Why they didn't show us that, I have no idea. Maybe next week they'll show us the carnage inside the building with multiple shooters dead in the catwalks.

Also agree with the other poster that it was all just stalling to give the walkers time to arrive.
Robert C. Christian
AG
FTACO97 said:

aTmAg said:

This....I think what they very poorly were portraying was that there were a large # of shooters posted behind those windows as it was a very tall building and they were shooting at them, not just trying to shoot out the glass. Why they didn't show us that, I have no idea. Maybe next week they'll show us the carnage inside the building with multiple shooters dead in the catwalks.

Also agree with the other poster that it was all just stalling to give the walkers time to arrive.
Or you know, a 5 second clip while Neegan is talking from inside showing the shooters. I would think that would be cheaper then adding all the CGI flashes.
Canyon99
Two more days until we get to hear more crappy lines!
Murder Hornet
AG
Hopefully the writers will gift us with some of the trash people.

You try kill, Negan. Now we no like you /jadis
H6RBW
AG
Quote:

Yes, they were stalling for the walkers to get there. And that plan makes sense, until Negan just walks out into the open. Just shoot him. Its like Dr. Evil preferring the needlessly elaborate trap to kill Austin Powers rather than just shoot him.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Ricks plan is fine. He wants to feed Negan to his sharks with laser beams! (Which is a logical next step after tigers)
H6RBW
AG
That's how the island women are going to get their revenge. Rick got their guns, but not their sharks with fricken laser beams on their heads!
Ol Jock 99
AG
The good news is it is impossible for tonight to be worse than last night.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.