*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,324 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So he gets bit OFF CAMERA and under his shirt. Perfect writing guys. Bravo!

The acting is just so bad. Eugene, Carl and the rest of them.

Gotham is better than this.
Greeze06
AG
Did I miss a red machete?

No real cliffhanger. This show sucks. His bite Mark looked like a clean one from daycare, not from a flesh ripping zombie.
Olsen
AG
Greeze06 said:

Yeah. The red machete ended up in the hands of Joe from the Claimers group and that's the end of it.
maca1028
Greeze06 said:

No real cliffhanger. This show sucks. His bite Mark looked like a clean one from daycare, not from a flesh ripping zombie.

So I can continue working on my list of Netflix shows then clear out my DVR and watch these last 2 TWD when I have absolutely nothing else to watch? Cool, thanks!
beanbean
So I'm guessing this is going to set up to where Carl bites Negan. But it will take all 8 episodes of the 2nd half of the season to get to that. So, it will end up taking 8 weeks to cover a span of about 2 hours.
AMW2010
AG
Claimed!!
Wildmen06
AG
LHIOB said:

So he gets bit OFF CAMERA and under his shirt. Perfect writing guys. Bravo!

The acting is just so bad. Eugene, Carl and the rest of them.

Gotham is better than this.

He got bit bringing that random guy into the group in the previous episode.

They were attacked by walkers in the woods or something. He told rick that " I brought him here and that's how this happened" at the end of the episode tonight.
et98
AG
Which is why he wanted Negan to kill him. He knew he was already dead.
Wildmen06
AG
Exactly. And why he was writing that letter to his dad.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He'll live and it will be the first sign that this plague or whatever it is can be overcome
Sq1dvm
AG
Didn't see that coming. First time I've been surprised since they killed Abraham.
gomerschlep
AG
So they'll send Carl to the saviors to turn into a walker and take them out from the inside, see Sasha. This isn't predictable at all. How did this show become so damned terrible?
aTmLoKi
AG
All they need to do is cut his torso in half and replace that half with a cyborg. I'm sure the trash people can help with this! #twdwriters
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I just wish more of the episode was filled with those shots of the characters faces looking around. That's good television
Muy
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I just wish more of the episode was filled with those shots of the characters faces looking around. That's good television

Such a dumb time-filler
pilgrim82
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

He'll live and it will be the first sign that this plague or whatever it is can be overcome
Yeah, I was wondering if this was when the theory about "Rick and Coral already having died from their gunshot wounds and having reanimated to full life and being immune from walker bites" was going to come into play.
Sq1dvm
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

What killed me with those was the 80's horror background music. Yes, it worked on Stranger Things, but that show is set in the 80's.
cr0wbar
AG
Has anyone not mentioned my favorite part of that ****acular episode yet?

So the token homosexual and Innid, decide to make a difference. Let's make a trip together and not tell anyone where we are going (at least on camera, but if the writers get stuck in a rut, we can always pretend like they told everyone OFF camera)

Innid: So um - where we going? Isn't Negan just a terrible guy?

TH: *blinks* Oh ****, sorry. I was thinking of my ex-boyfriend who died. He used to sit in that seat you're sitting in. I wasn't listening to you, what's up?

Innid: "..." can I drive?

TH: We HAVE to convince the lesbians to join our cause. It's crucial to everyone's survival.

Innid: You know- when we visit the angry lesbians, we should probably bring alcohol with us as a gift

Innid & TH: YEA!

Proceeds to steal a distillery truck (no one has done that YET?).

Here, let's park this truck in an inconspicuous spot and wait, once they approach the truck - let's sneak up on them weapons drawn then introduce ourselves.

Innid: Uh - sorry about killing your leader. But we brought you some kickass honey infused Whiskey

Trident 88
AG
I enjoyed Carl's speech from the top of the fence to Negan, and Maggie shooting the guy in the face, but it was all overshadowed by how horrible the rest of the episode was.

On the bright side, the comments above about Carl becoming a cyborg with the help of the trash people and the shots of the character's faces being good television made me LOL.
Disco Stu
AG
I thought this season was all about "Now we FIGHT!", but the Saviors down a tree in the road and everyone pees down their leg and hands over their guns.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Plan B "what if they get out?" contingency plan didn't really seem to get worked out. Rick is a Plan A and Plan A Only kind of guy.
Stive
AG
That episode was TERRIBLE.
evan_aggie
AG
This is the first season I haven't watched, and you guys are making a good case for not wasting my time. I will likely tune in or rewatch the episode where Neagan is finally killed (assuming that is the case). It is unfortunate that AMC wanted to milk TWD this far, and has apparently started ruining what had otherwise been a good series.

Joseph Parrish
AG
evan_aggie said:

This is the first season I haven't watched, and you guys are making a good case for not wasting my time. I will likely tune in or rewatch the episode where Neagan is finally killed (assuming that is the case). It is unfortunate that AMC wanted to milk TWD this far, and has apparently started ruining what had otherwise been a good series.

You can probably just watch the season finale and then know everything you need. Everything has basically been filler with very little substance.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Seriously, the entire season could have been done in a single episode. Lead herd to Savior compound to trap them inside, dumbassery leads to herd plan failing, Saviors free and starting to unleash hell back. That's friggin it. Laughable.
Laser Wolf
Disco Stu said:

I thought this season was all about "Now we FIGHT!", but the Saviors down a tree in the road and everyone pees down their leg and hands over their guns.

That scene really pissed me off. Oh look, there's a tree in the road. Let's sit here for 30 seconds looking at it rather than getting out of the cars with our guns to be ready to shoot any saviors that show up.
SeattleAgJr
why do you guys still watch this show.

it has been completely ******ed for 3 season now.

pacing has never been the show's strong point, and it only got worse and worse as time went by.

Plot armor runs rampant.

Characters.. do not behave like real people, let alone real characters, and there is no consistency in their actions.

They do the dumbest things for plot reasons, not because it makes sense.

Seriously, it is time to give it up. The show is not getting better, and you are not going to get any "resolution", as there has been none in the comic and it is 75 issues ahead of the TV show.

Joseph Parrish
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

why do you guys still watch this show.
I've almost given it up a couple different times. Unfortunately, I got caught up on episodes when I was bored with nothing else on.

We probably still watch it for the same reason you still follow the thread.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I mainly watch it because most everything else on tv is crap too, but I have several years invested in this particular crap. It's basically 40 minutes (I don't watch live, always delay to FF thru commercials) of mindless wind-down time late on a Sunday or Monday night for me. Then I kind of enjoy biching about it with everyone else.

At any given time of year, there aren't more than 3-4 shows per week that I have set to auto-record. And since I don't watch talk shows, I've got the room for this garbage in my late night wind-down time.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
A while back when Jesus said their world was about to get much bigger was foreshadowing that the breadth of plot was going to be too much for this production?

They did much better plotting thinking people vs. zombies. Plotting motivations and tactical plans of multiple groups and individuals seems to have become too much.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
To be fair, all TV shows have plot holes and continuity problems. I'm hooked because I'm a sucker for zombie content.

Z Nation lost me a long time ago with the strange slant they've taken.

TWD at least still has proper zombies and desperate people attempting to survive. They need less failure with human vs human battles and more zombie issues.

Nuggets of Un-Suck:
Hilltop going from weakest settlement to possibly strongest. At least that's the way they seem to be writing it.

Negan and Carl on wall quotes:
"Look at Carl answering the door like a man"
"Are you who you set out to be?"
"Hey! We were having a moment!!"

Suck:
Yet another Negan\Rick fight to the draw.
Entering through heavy sewer holes without making a sound.
Trash people again make a deal and abandon it.
All out war has turned out to be a surrendering contest.

Murder Hornet
AG
I lost track of what the "Plan To Be Stuck To No Matter What" was but shockingly it didn't work out too well. How has this group of nincompoops survived this long in a zombie apocalypse?

I remember when they would go out on runs to get supplies and they adhered to established procedures to ensure safety, etc.

This episode took place mostly at night but it was so dark that I couldn't see what was going on half the time.

Who was the dude Simon shot to punish Maggie and where was he. I though it was the big Samoan dude but he is still alive.

I apologize if most of those questions should have been obvious but I haven't really been paying attention. If the writers start trying harder to write coherently then I promise to try harder to pay attention
benchmark
AG
I've been following the series from the beginning, not always giving it my undivided attention. For the life of me, I couldn't follow what the hell was going on in this mid-season finale. Came on here for insight - LOL
SeattleAgJr
based on what has happened this season from a quick internet read...

WTF did they not just follow the damn comic.

it is all written there.
a driving narrative.
conversations already written.
tension.
conflict.
AND IT MAKES SENSE.

not the garbage they are pedaling to you guys.

dave94
AG
bthomas98 said:

Who was the dude Simon shot to punish Maggie and where was he. I though it was the big Samoan dude but he is still alive.

I

I was also very confused about what happened here.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.