*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,349 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
Joseph Parrish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BlueSmoke said:

Quote:

Im starting to wonder if the show runner and producers are in on the joke. Are they trying to see how bad it can be before the idiot fan boys/girls start to question it?

I mean there is a guy with a f****** tiger running around. Every one of those humans is hungry and this tiger is just hanging out, not eating everything in sight?

This is called believing too much in your own press. The show gained such momentum and popularity I'm guessing critical thought and evaluation took a backseat to "creative license". That, and nobody pushing back or daring to question the writing and directing of such a whale of a series. Too many yes-men in the room.

--

If these characters were actually smart they'd be living in tree houses or have houses on stilts. When was the last time you saw a walker climb? If they made people smart this show would be over.
oh no
AG
that whole prison set-up they had back in the day seemed pretty solid.. pretty well fortified, dog run fences, guard towers, they were raising crops and animals in the yard and everything. damn governor.
91_Aggie
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

BlueSmoke said:

Quote:

Im starting to wonder if the show runner and producers are in on the joke. Are they trying to see how bad it can be before the idiot fan boys/girls start to question it?

I mean there is a guy with a f****** tiger running around. Every one of those humans is hungry and this tiger is just hanging out, not eating everything in sight?

This is called believing too much in your own press. The show gained such momentum and popularity I'm guessing critical thought and evaluation took a backseat to "creative license". That, and nobody pushing back or daring to question the writing and directing of such a whale of a series. Too many yes-men in the room.

--

If these characters were actually smart they'd be living in tree houses or have houses on stilts. When was the last time you saw a walker climb? If they made people smart this show would be over.

Either a swarm of thousands zombies would hang out under your tree houses or some bad guys would come and burn down your little forest.
Counterpoint
AG
91_Aggie said:

Joseph Parrish said:

BlueSmoke said:

Quote:

--

Either a swarm of thousands zombies would hang out under your tree houses or some bad guys would come and burn down your little forest.
This. These characters make many MANY mistakes, but I'm not sure this is one.
Joseph Parrish
AG

Replace the stairs with a ladder, and you're zombie free.
mazzag
AG
Hordes would be a problem. Other than the flu outbreak, the prison was the best thing they had.
91_Aggie
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

So. "ALL OUT WAR" = 3 or 4 small battles in different locations, and in two of the locations, they shoot a bazillion bullets and never hit anyone.
duck79
AG
2 episodes in and most of the people on that poster have had very little screen time this year.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Just finished watching, which is telling in and of itself. I didn't click this thread after Sunday afternoon and there were only ~40 new responses. No buzz on FB. No water cooler talk. I'm guessing the slow, bitter, painful death of it is upon us. The writer's hubris speaks to it.

As for the episode itself, it was possibly the most boring nonstop action I've seen. Which makes me very sad.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Gregg Papivich said:

Fear the walking dead has become the better show

That is unfortunate to hear! I bailed on FTWD and am still and watching TWD... currently watching DVR episode 2 from this season. Will jump back on thread to see thoughts/maybe add thoughts.........
toucan82
Is Negan still stuck in the trailer with Gabriel?
BTHOthatguy
I just watched. WTF was that? Episode 2 wasn't even close to coherent. It was without a doubt the worst episode in the series.
OldCamp
I feel like if they would announce a series finale, whether that's in 20 episodes or 50 or whatever, and then we could count down to that finale, then fans would become engaged again...because we all want to know how it ends.
The current drag is really tarnishing what was once a great run.
I'm thinking of shows that had a finale like Star Trek the next generation, which provided a perfect closure. That's what TWD needs and soon
hurleyag
AG
Aren't hordes a problem regardless if you are up in the trees or not?
oh no
AG
they really need to recapture Eugene and get that bullet factory up and running.. ...
ShaggyAggie01
AG
oh no said:

they really need to recapture Eugene and get that bullet factory up and running.. ...
As someone who learned to reload from my father, and have been doing so for a very long time, I find it somewhat offensive that out of all of the survivors of the zombie apocalypse, only one mullet-headed a-hole from 'Houston' with a contrived deep south accent can operate a reloading press.
BlueSmoke
Whole thing just kicked humanity back to the Feudal European days. Small clans/villages in a constant state of war with one another with physical barriers/protection to keep mother nature at bay.

Living in constant fear of raids/looting/war/rape/savagery. Forts/castles/town, with high walls, turrets, etc.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Gigem314
AG
Season 8 so far is reminding me of this:

gigemags-99
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Replace the stairs with a ladder, and you're zombie free.

Zombie Survival Guide 101:

Stock up and live on the third floor. Sledgehammer the concrete stairs all the way up.
gomerschlep
AG
Go out and take over an offshore platform, farm urban garden style of the roof of buildings, live off fish.
SeattleAgJr
gomerschlep said:

Go out and take over an offshore platform, farm urban garden style of the roof of buildings, live off fish.
what about zombie fish
Olsen
AG
Looks like Morales' return was cut so short.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
1/2 over and what has transpired? Painful.
zooguy96
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Looks like Morales' return was cut so short.

Yeah, why even have him back? Waste of time.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Whoa, suddenly they can snipe people on the roof now?!
zooguy96
Yeah, when they can't hit Neagan 10 feet in front of them.
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
Sq1dvm
AG
Wow. "We're gonna settle your ****, peaches" has to be in the running for worst line with"****ting pants. "
toucan82
So there are going to be a couple dozen Saviors just hanging out in a trailer at the Hilltop? I'm sure that'll work out well
teecoy
AG
So incredibly dumb.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Maggie-Gregory gate scene was like watching HS theater.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Hey, this was the best episode in a while. I'll take it.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Hey, this was the best episode in a while. I'll take it.

Ol Jock 99
AG
Better than S8E1 or S8E2 easily. Better than most of S7. Brilliance? Ummm...no. But watchable.
Seven Costanza
AG
I actually agree. This week was like the dirty gas station urinal that didn't have as many pubes as the others.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.