*+* Walking Dead Season 8 *+*

95,386 Views | 833 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MAT
Josepi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dave94 said:

bthomas98 said:

Who was the dude Simon shot to punish Maggie and where was he. I though it was the big Samoan dude but he is still alive.

I

I was also very confused about what happened here.

He was sitting behind Maggie. He had one short line a few minutes before checking out
toucan82
His name was Neil.

R.I.P. Neil.
Prosperdick
AG
toucan82 said:

His name was Neil.

R.I.P. Neil.

I told my wife right when he showed up "here is the red shirt, just watch, he will die."

Sure enough...
Laser Wolf
benchmark said:

I've been following the series from the beginning, not always giving it my undivided attention. For the life of me, I couldn't follow what the hell was going on in this mid-season finale. Came on here for insight - LOL

I've been lost this whole season. Still not sure what their master plan was supposed to be.
mm98
AG
Just watched it. That could have been a 25 minute episode.
Muy
AG
I was most surprised that the Savior prisoners escaped and stayed bad guys.
Chipotlemonger
AG
mm98 said:

Just watched it. That could have been a 25 minute episode.

The mantra of TWD now.
annie88
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

I want to thank all of you who are still soldiering through this terrible show.

As someone who wisely gave it up, I live vicariously through your tears and frustration without having to experience it first hand.

Keep it up!
If you don't watch anymore why do you bother to come here and just make stupid comments? Just quit watching it and quit following the thread.
annie88
AG
mazzag said:

"Bites will play out as bites play out" but we never saw what happened to Jim after he was left by the tree. And the Dr is coming back. So Carl lives.
Don't think so, The Walking Dead official Twitter declared him dead unless they're just ****ing with everybody.
DannyDuberstein
AG
annie88 said:

mazzag said:

"Bites will play out as bites play out" but we never saw what happened to Jim after he was left by the tree. And the Dr is coming back. So Carl lives.
Don't think so, The Walking Dead official Twitter declared him dead unless they're just ****ing with everybody.

They are selling it too hard.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm beginning to get more pissed at what TWD is doing to the point where it's on par with the late series blunder that is LOST.
SeattleAgJr
annie88 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

As someone who wisely gave it up, I live vicariously through your tears and frustration without having to experience it first hand.

Keep it up!
If you don't watch anymore why do you bother to come here and just make stupid comments? Just quit watching it and quit following the thread.
I am here for the misery.
et98
AG
pilgrim82 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

He'll live and it will be the first sign that this plague or whatever it is can be overcome
Yeah, I was wondering if this was when the theory about "Rick and Coral already having died from their gunshot wounds and having reanimated to full life and being immune from walker bites" was going to come into play.
This is still my theory...or at least something like it. I guess we'll find out fairly soon.
Aggie Infantry
AG
No coherent strategy on the part of Rick and Co.

Once the outposts are taken, why send everyone home? You've got the Saviors trapped. Surround the building with firepower and starve them out.
lespaul
AG
To me this show is like watching the youth football show for a long time, getting to know the players, coaches and parents, then for two season watching the 12 year olds play an nfl team every week. Getting their butts kicked every week. No chance of victory. Stupid decisions and plans.

This is like Rick vs saviors. At some point they either need to move on or just give up or give me some reason for hope.

I could think of all sorts of plot lines that would be more interesting than watching neegan laughing while winning. How about Rick and his crew running away and giving up on the saviors, heading toward the coast and trying to find a ship to go to some small island where they can hopefully buld a life. Perhaps have some walkers arrive on a ship or some pirates. Something. Anything but what they have given us the last two years. I still care a little about michon and Daryl. At this rate I am kind of rooting for negan to bash all their brains in.
LHIOB
AG
Whats the exit strategy for this trainwreck? Do they have an end planned out?
Prosperdick
AG
So did they ever explain how the Saviors, who were about to starve to death and fighting off mutiny from their workers, not only escaped but knocked down a very large tree, circle back and sneak up on multiple "good guy" convoys? How on earth did they orchestrate that so quickly?

Please don't say "because Eugene."
Philip J Fry
AG
Because Mullet
wessimo
AG
Karl is not going to die. If you think otherwise you have not been watching this ridiculous show.
CDub06
AG
They just need to keep his brain alive. I think we'll have some sort of Krang situation moving forward.
annie88
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

annie88 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Keep it up!
I am here for the misery.
Oh well then by all means carry-on.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
wessimo said:

Karl is not going to die. If you think otherwise you have not been watching this ridiculous show.
Yeah come on guys. Clearly that was a dumpster bite, not a zombie
duck79
AG
I thought they discussed Carl potentially dying before the season due to the fact that the actor wanted out to go to college.
mm98
AG
duck79 said:

I thought they discussed Carl potentially dying before the season due to the fact that the actor wanted out to go to college.

See, even the actor is ready to bail on the show.
CoachRTM
AG
- Chandler Riggs was caught off guard, wasn't his decision
- He just bought a house in Georgia to use for filming
- Chandler said that his end is coming soon. He doesn't survive this.
- Riggs' father blasted the show - "Watching Gimple fire my son 2 weeks before his 18th birthday after telling him they wanted him for the next 3 years was disappointing,"
Joseph Parrish
AG
CoachRTM said:

- Riggs' father blasted the show - "Watching Gimple fire my son 2 weeks before his 18th birthday after telling him they wanted him for the next 3 years was disappointing,"
It would be better for him to find a new show that's actually good.
Josepi
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

CoachRTM said:

He's a horrible actor. What else is he going to do besides Comic con appearances? He should be happy to cash those Walking Dead paychecks as long as he can.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Josepi said:

Joseph Parrish said:

CoachRTM said:

He's a horrible actor. What else is he going to do besides Comic con appearances? He should be happy to cash those Walking Dead paychecks as long as he can.
I just don't think the TWD money train will last forever if the show keeps getting worse. I don't think he's a great actor either, but being a main character on a show as popular as this one will get him some options.
Josepi
AG
This is a side topic, but what do you think Chandler Riggs gets paid for playing Carl? As far as TV series go, it's had a long run, and for a while it's popularity was off the charts. Even now, as far as it's fallen, it's still not doing bad. If he is smart, and conservative with his money, is he set for life? At some point he should start getting residual checks once they start showing the reruns. I have no idea if he is making 100k, 500k, or more per season.
mm98
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/amp/2017/10/22/the-walking-dead-season-8-cast-salary/
Joseph Parrish
AG
Josepi said:

This is a side topic, but what do you think Chandler Riggs gets paid for playing Carl? As far as TV series go, it's had a long run, and for a while it's popularity was off the charts. Even now, as far as it's fallen, it's still not doing bad. If he is smart, and conservative with his money, is he set for life? At some point he should start getting residual checks once they start showing the reruns. I have no idea if he is making 100k, 500k, or more per season.
No clue what he currently makes or currently has, but I'd guess he's a big enough character to get good residuals. But if he wants to move to LA, I'd guess he's gonna be spending a lot of that money.
Oddity
Carl was always in my top (or bottom) list of characters I found annoying. Also on the list was, Laurie, Andrea, Beth, Dale and Maggie and Gleen the couple. However, I actually miss most of those characters except Beth who as useless like T-Dog. Good ol' T-Dog, those were the days......

This show was once so good!!! Although season two was very boring, it surpassed most recent seasons, and had a couple memorable moments and eposides.
annie88
AG
Of course when you realize Rick had a clear shot it Nighan on the balcony this thing would be about over. But it would be real short show.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I've been with this show since Day 1. I've started several of the season threads, including this one. I've read 95% of the comics. I'm a Dead Head (with apologies to Mr Garcia).

In the words of all the female bloggers out there, guys, I just can't even. This show is such a mess. We've seen it coming, and it is finally here. We all know what's next; 8ish episodes of fighting the saviors with boring action and incoherent strategy and plot.

Stive
AG
I'm going to give it 2-3 more eps next spring to see if they right the ship and pull me back in. But I'm thinking I'm out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.